  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
5.25 inch Floppy by PaulB
Not that anyone cares, but VISTA RC1 will recognize and read an old 5.25 inch floppy drive. -- Paul
September 20th 06 02:59 PM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
5 165
515 MB of missing ram by MasterAlex
I've got 8GB of RAM, 8192 MB, and my system properties shows it at 8.00GB of RAM, which is good, but when I look at task manager and my physical memory is only 7677 MB, so I've lost 515 MB of memory somewhere. I've got vista x64 with two 8800 GTS' with 512MB GDDR3 ram each. Thanks
December 4th 08 04:25 PM
by Tom Lake[_2_] Go to last post
6 265
5219URF2+ wireless keyboard --drivers? by RalfG[_3_]
Does anyone know of any Vista compatible drivers for a 5219URF 2+ wireless keyboard? It's an HP OEM keyboard, part number 5187-5998, bundled with some Media Center PCs. If HP has Vista drivers for it they aren't making them easy to find. At present the keyboard functions as a basic 101-102 key keyboard using generic MS keyboard drivers. I'm not using the wireless mouse(battery eater) that...
January 9th 08 02:36 AM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
2 708
56k modem drivers. by Ripu
I bought vista home premium upgrade and i can't get any of my pci modems to work. I have a modem with a conexant rs56-pci chip on it and a pc tel hsp 56 micro modem both don't work. I don't have the option of high speed in my area so i need a modem that works with vista. Does anyone know if there is a driver for either of my modems or know of a modem that will work with vista? Thanks
February 12th 07 06:10 PM
by ChrisW Go to last post
4 199
5:1 SOUND and Vista Ultimate by Si[_3_]
i have a 5:1 AC97 onboard sound ...every speaker works fine when testing but when playing music or a movie through Mediaplayer i only get sound from the front 2 speakers and sub Any idea's
May 3rd 08 03:00 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
1 168
5:1speakers....Vista by Si[_3_]
When playing music the sound only comes out of front 2 speaker when i test my 5:1 every speaker works fine any ideas why this is....cheers 5600 AMDx2 2gig Ram MSI K9N4 Sli BFG 8800GTS 320m
December 8th 07 10:42 AM
by Si[_3_] Go to last post
0 119
6 Gigs of RAM not 4 by Davie Mio
So i see a lot of posts of people runing 32x Vista who only see 3.3 Gigs. I'm running 64x vista Primium and have installed 6 Gigs of Ram. Vista only sees just over 4 Gigs or ram Like 4.03 Gigs or something like that. Anyone have any ideas? I've seen something about maybe there's a setting in Bios or something.
November 28th 07 02:02 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 154
6.1 speaker support by Stephen Jame Pattenden
I have a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card and 6.1 speaker set up on my Windows Ultimate setup. For some reason i cannot select 6.1 speakers from the Audio properties dialog box in Vista. When looking on Creatives website, they advise that Vista does not support 6.1 speaker configuration. Could someone please confirm whether this is true or not and, if it is true could someone...
June 6th 07 07:16 PM
by Captain Roberts Go to last post
3 135
60Hz on CRT by Takeya
I tried to search for solution, but i couldn't find any... Well - I brough new computer - without monitor (i don't like LCD's), because mine old was fine. I plug monitor cable in graphic card, installed Vista Home Premium (64 bit) and drivers... And there is the problem - everything is fine except... refresh rate on resolution 1280x960 - it is only 60Hz (on xp was 72, on linux 70). I tried...
September 25th 07 05:12 AM
by Takeya Go to last post
6 171
61883 Class Bus Device is supposed to be a camera by dwmarch
Hello there, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a Samsung SC-D372 Mini DV camera which connects to my PC via Firewire. Once connected, my PC recognizes that it has a "61883 Class Bus Device" attached but does not recognize what this device is. I have encountered this same problem under Windows XP and Windows Vista. There is nothing available from the manufacturer which helps. Samsung...
May 14th 08 10:20 PM
by dwmarch Go to last post
0 149
64 bit by Pedro LG
My computer runs with a AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor. Windows Vista is designed for 64 bit computing or does it have a specific version if I want to use 64 bit, like it happens in Win XP? And if I use Win Vista in "64 bit-mode" (if it exists), will it run application, games and other programs, that were designed for 32-bit computing? Thanks for your help!
December 10th 06 11:22 PM
by Richard Hay Go to last post
3 209
64 bit drivers... by Noozer
I'm *REALLY* hoping that manufacturers get busy with creating 64bit drivers for their hardware. It's a real pain not being able to use the old XP drivers under Vista. Anyone know of a Good/Bad hardware list for 64bit Vista (or even XP for that matter)? I've got the following that I'm hoping to find out about: - nForce4 Ultra based mainboard with Opteron 165 dualcore CPU
October 16th 06 01:40 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
1 168
64 bit memory by angelo621
i have 4 gig of memory on my pc. i reinstall my vista. after the installation, my machine said that i only have 3gig. where is my remaining 1 gb (i put 4gb) on it. before i reinstall it my pc read my 4gb:o of RAM. but now 3gb only. plz help:cry: -- angelo621
May 7th 08 07:19 AM
by angelo621 Go to last post
5 283
64 bit Processor? by TechGuyatwork
If your CPU is AMD then it is 32 and 64...... "JamesJ" wrote: How does one determine if the processor is 32 or 64 bit. Thank, James
February 10th 07 03:26 AM
by Doverguy Go to last post
7 185
64 bit UNIX like operating systems - a free root account by [email protected]
To learn, a free root account, is a tool. It may not be a bad idea to avail of the free root access I provide. Via such free account, 64 bit hardware issues, device drivers, system performance, internet architecture, browsers such as lynx, and applications on a UNIX like operating system, may, be delved into. Issues in, Vista, networking, mainframe, animation, etc, may be, via appropriate use of...
April 17th 09 11:45 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 203
64 bit Vista Memory by Albert Fischer
64 bit Vista will not install if more than 2 megs of memory is installed. Must install over 2 megs of memory after 64bit Vista is installed.
January 14th 08 11:43 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
4 169
64 home premium and WD10eacs 1 tb esata drive difficulties - HELP PLEASE by BBTrekkie
I bought the western digital wd10eacs 1 tb drive and the proper esata enclosure. Vista finds it as a USB - but only can see it in device manager - I cannot see it in my computer to format it. BUT the properties in DM say it is working properly. When I Plug it in using the eSata I get the same thing. I can see it using device manager but I cannot access it - or see it
May 24th 09 10:59 AM
by Dave76 Go to last post
3 263
64-bit & 32-bit processors by otj
Does anyone know what Intel Processors are 64-bit and which are 32-bit? Thanks.
December 11th 07 05:13 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
2 121
64-bit driver by Man-wai Chang
Is there a FULL list of 64-bit drivers for hardware manufactured before Vi$ta is RTM? -- .~. Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. http://www.linux-sxs.org / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Ubuntu 6.10) Linux 2.6.19.1 ^ ^ 20:29:01 up 28 days 2:41 0 users load average: 1.00 1.00 1.00 news://news.3home.net news://news.hkpcug.org...
January 12th 07 08:44 AM
by Art Chandler Go to last post
5 248
64-bit drivers for Hauppague WinTV PVR USB2 by dirty old man
According the this site: http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/support/vista.html Drivers for the WinTV PVR USB2 for 64-bit Vista are Premium, which I assume mean that they are included on the RTM disk. Could someone with the WinTV PVR USB 2 and Vista x64 confirm this?
January 21st 07 09:40 PM
by JW Go to last post

From The