  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Mini Dump Fun! :D by PrawnCrackers
Hi, yes my computer is riddled with bluescreens. ive put up with the problem thinking it wasnt anything serious, but ive recently killed 4 x 1GB of corsair ram and im sure its related to some serious driver/hardware issues. my rig is just over a year old and ive just replaced a new mobo and ram bcoz of these problems, but still getting the same errors somehow... also all the crashes have a ...
April 25th 08 10:32 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 94
Video card problem by em_CT
I have a problem with Vista and Radeon X800 video card. The initial installation went well, and then I installed HDTV Wonder and needed to update the driver. I did by un-installing the old driver and managed to show a generic card with a VGASafe driver. Now when installing the new ATI driver, I get a message, "can't find the INI file".
November 26th 07 01:43 PM
by em_CT Go to last post
1 94
AIC-7870 SCSI adapter problems by tim1948
I have a Scorpion STD2401LW tape drive, which works fine with Linux. The vendor provided an AIC-7870 SCSI-PCI adapter to support it. Thus far I have been unable to install the adapter under Vista, using a driver downloaded from the Adaptec Web site. (Whether the drive itself would be supported, I don't yet know.) Does anyone have this adapter working on Vista? Also, is there a somewhat...
November 26th 07 11:25 PM
by tim1948 Go to last post
0 94
Delete Scanner? by Al
I recently purchased a new scanner and removed the old one from Device Manager (it no longer appears there), but the old scanner continues to pop up as a selection under scanning programs, and I get update reminders for the drivers. Is there a way to permanently remove it from my system? OS is Windows Home Premium. Thanks for any help!
December 8th 07 05:35 PM
by Al Go to last post
8 94
Screen Resolutions Problem. by Etienne Liew
I'm a new Vista Home Premium user. Recently my laptop screen has a problem. I'm using resolutions 1280 X 800 pixel currently, but when I shut down and wanted to restart my laptop it is still the same resolutions details not till while waiting the windows to start up all program load, the screen will suddenly change its resolutions to 800 X 600 pix. I wonder why like tht? previously it...
December 10th 07 05:31 PM
by Etienne Liew Go to last post
0 94
CD-ROM DRIVE by Stena
Just got a new computer, Acer with windows vista.. however when I put a cd in or a dvd in to play nothing happens.. I've checked to see that it is set up to automatically play or download or such (in the control panel).. this does not seem to work. Anything I have forgotten to do, or need to redo? This computer is brand new, not even a week old! Anyone out there who can help out, this would...
December 25th 07 03:47 PM
by dgmacmi Go to last post
2 94
Adjusting volume with FN key &up/down arrows by Shakey
I hope this is the correct group. I did a search and could not find what I was looking for. I used to be able to adjust the volume on my laptop speakers with the FN and up/down arrows, but now I can't. I tried to figure out how to configure the buttons, but I don't want to screw anything else up. Help please.
December 29th 07 07:22 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
7 94
Wireless Device by Mark
I've recently install Windows Vista on my notebook (BenQ Joybook S52E), the wireless and bluetooth does not work anymore. The start sequence dose not pick up or recognise the built in wireless device and bluetooth device on start up. Can anyone help. Mark
January 15th 08 07:49 AM
by dmex[_61_] Go to last post
1 94
Can't dual boot back to xp need help by xp-vista-xp
you guys keeep saying use partition magic 8 to make your partitions then laod vista my experience with partition magic is vista will not let it run propely saying the whole partition is "bad" and can only do one thing-delete! yet if i then load xp from a disk it sees the 3 partitions that are there and I can put in onto the second partition (vista on first) and xp will now work and I can see...
February 1st 08 04:49 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 94
Hiteck wheel pad usb Device not recognized by [email protected]
when i m using windows vista then Hiteck Wheel Pad not work. showing this message " USB Device Not Recognized, One of the usb devices attached to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. for assistance in solving this problem, click this message" when i click it showing me no driver is found. but there have not need any tyoes of driver because when i use it in windows...
November 22nd 07 01:56 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 94
How to configure 6.1 speakers at soundmax integrated digital hd au by danilodn
At the speaker system configuration there is only 5.1 and 7.1 options. In both options the rear center speaker doesnt play as the these options doesnt use this speaker. The soundmax is integrated in asus M2n32-sli board.
November 16th 07 11:31 PM
by danilodn Go to last post
0 94
Having 2 mice with different settings by Tom Bell
Can some one please tell me the easiest way i can run two different mice on windows vista so that they hace two different cursor speeds. I have a toshiba 100 laptop and am using a microsoft optical wireless mouse. Sometimes when i am away i just use the touch pad, but hace to increase the cursor speed cause it is to slow, hence i have to slow it back down when plugging in my wireless mouse. Is...
September 29th 07 07:16 AM
by Tom Bell Go to last post
0 94
Spanned Volume on two dynamic disks XP-Vista by Liewe
Hi, A couple of days the main harddisk of my computer crashed. On that computer I had next to the main harddisk a spanned volume on two other dynamic disks. I took the opartunity to buy a new computer and installed vista ultimate (which should support dynamic disks right?) But nada, no spanned volume in vista. I see both disks in the diskmanagement, they are recognised as being dynamic but...
October 6th 07 02:17 PM
by Liewe Go to last post
0 94
Scanner and Camera Wizard by FGZstar
My computer uses an Epson CX5200 all in one printer, and i use this with epson smart panel to scan to OCR. The problem is that smart panel will not allow thius because the scanner and camera wizard kicks in automatiaclly, preventing me form scanning. Is there any way to stop the wizard doing this so that I can edit the things I choose to scan?
October 17th 07 01:16 PM
by FGZstar Go to last post
0 94
hp laserjet 4 plus will not print with Win Vista by fredscomprepair
I did what the driver download page said to do. Plugged it in and go to Add A printer. It added OK, but now it prints out a bunch of jebberish. I tried to use a XP driver but all it would do is keep puching out blank pages and it would not stop printing blank pages? Can anyone help.........
October 22nd 07 06:02 PM
by Choogster[_23_] Go to last post
1 94
restore downloads by marco pizarro
I need a download for window 98SE to restore my computer
October 23rd 07 09:59 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 94
usb trouble by rich_jam
Everytime I plug in a USB device into my Vista Laptop... instead of it showing up in device manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, it shows up under Network adapters as an "extra device" and no amount of effort will make the device work, even if I have a disk with the drivers. What the HELL is going on? and how can I fix it? I just want my ipod and printer to work!!!
October 24th 07 03:07 PM
by rich_jam Go to last post
0 94
Internal Speakers work but not headphone jack by Chris
The little pop-up shows me that it detects I've plugged in my headphones, everything else seems to work, but no sound comes out my headphones. I've tried multilpe headphones and tried hooking it to external speakers. Nothing comes out. Does anyone know where the headphone jack would be controlled? I have a ACER Aspire laptop. Much Thanks!!!
October 24th 07 08:44 PM
by Computer & Sound System Expert Go to last post
1 94
IDE Controller Not being accessed by Avimage
Hi there. I have just got ahold of Vista and a whole new comp. Anyways, everything works fine aside for one minor problem. On my mainboard I only have 1 IDE channel, and unfortunately I need 2 channels, so I got ahold of a pci controller. However Vista does not seem to recognize the HD on the controller, even though my BIOS does. Is there a way to work around this so it recognizes the HD?
March 15th 07 06:14 PM
by pete Go to last post
3 95
Incompatibility regarding Realtek HD by edrd
Hi everibody. After the instalation of the driver, 1.48, I received a message saying " This program has known compatibility issues". The program is Realtek HD Audio Sound Effect Manager". Is there any away to solve this or the only solution is to choose" Don't this message again"? Thank you in advance. Eduardo
November 10th 06 10:48 AM
by edrd Go to last post

From The