  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
M-Audio revolution 7.1 works (for a while) by cer2225
Maybe someone smarter than me can tell me what the heck is up with vista and HD audio. Like the title says, I have an M-Audio Revolution 7.1 HD sound card. This same problem has happened with Beta 2, pre RC-1 and now with RC-1. When I first upgrade Vista, then install the M-audio (XP) drivers, my sound card works great. I can even do a restart and it still works, but as soon as I power...
September 12th 06 12:01 AM
by tmichael928 Go to last post
1 373
gtx 7800 by ev66
i have a gtx 7800 graphics card and have installed the latest drivers but my screen keeps on going black for a second then is ok for 5 secs, and keeps on repeating this. anyone else had this problem ? and any solutions ? thank you.
September 12th 06 01:23 AM
by rogerlebo Go to last post
1 296
Vista RC and SATA Raid 0 by Peter
Please bear with me on this... I have two WD Raptor SATA drives configured as RAID 0 on the built-in Promise interface on an Acer motherboard. Installing Vista went went fine, and its been running since RC1 was released. I also have a DVD+-RW configured as the primary device on the IDE0 channel. When I try to burn an audio CD from within Windows Media Player (default Vista v11) the...
September 11th 06 06:43 PM
by Peter Go to last post
0 162
Vista RC and SATA Raid 0 by Peter
Please bear with me on this... I have two WD Raptor SATA drives configured as RAID 0 on the built-in Promise interface on an Acer motherboard. Installing Vista went went fine, and its been running since RC1 was released. I also have a DVD+-RW configured as the primary device on the IDE0 channel. When I try to burn an audio CD from within Windows Media Player (default Vista v11) the...
September 11th 06 06:44 PM
by Peter Go to last post
0 143
Wireless USB and/or PC Card compatible with Vista RC1 by Brent
Hi, My Dell D800 internal (Intel 2200BG) doesn't work reliably with Vista. What wireless USB and/or PC Card have you found works well with Vista RC1? Thank you, Brent
September 11th 06 06:57 PM
by Brent Go to last post
0 175
Drivers must be different by Albert Fischer
I have an Asus A8N-SLI Premium, AMD 64bit 2x 4400 cpu, Ati 800, 2megs of memory, etc. I was able to load Vista beta 2 32 bit and get all my drivers for the motherboard installed and my NVTV Display driver and with some trouble get access to my data files. I upgraded to RC! 64 bit (with minimal drivers) no trouble but when I tried to upgrade the 32bit it got stuck in the last step (Completing...
September 11th 06 11:56 PM
by Albert Fischer Go to last post
0 229
RC1 keeps lossing my HD's by Joshua
I have two SATA hard drives, not in a raid format; both Western Digitals a 160 and a 400. RC1 is installed on the 160 one; but RC1 keeps loosing the 400GB one. I have to scan for hardware changes with the device manager to get them back or reboot. This DID not happen in Beta 2 nor does it happen with Win XP Pro....any thoughts???
September 12th 06 01:33 AM
by Joshua Go to last post
0 175
Audio Drivers for onboard Intel D875PBZ motherboard by Zaskar
Does anyone know where I can get drivers (RC1) for an Intel D875PBZ on board audio drivers. It's Aureal Vortex 8830? Thanks, -z
September 12th 06 02:04 AM
by Zaskar Go to last post
0 157
Audio Drivers for Intel D875PBZ motherboard by Zaskar
Does anyone know where I can get drivers (RC1) for an Intel D875PBZ on board audio drivers. It's Aureal Vortex 8830? Thanks, -z
September 12th 06 02:05 AM
by Zaskar Go to last post
0 169
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Not Recognized by MrCoffee
I installed the realtek drivers from asus. it was a 84 meg download for all windows os's. i installed them and clicked run as administrator. when it was done the icon showed up in the tray and allowed my to get all of my speakers working. before that the speaker setup would only have sound out of the front's and the center it showed all of the speakers but no sound came out the sub or the rear...
September 11th 06 03:44 PM
by MrCoffee Go to last post
0 250
Via AC97 VT1616 Sound by Rick Hallman
Beta 2 recognized that I have 6 channel onboard audio but Pre RC-1 and RC-1 only allow for 2 channel sound with my computer. The motherboard manufacturer will not be releasing anything for this motherboard because they no longer sell or support motherboards. VIA Technology has Windows XP drivers for the VT1616 and I installed them under WindowsXP SP2 compatibility mode. I ended up with...
September 11th 06 03:42 PM
by Rick Hallman Go to last post
0 265
vista rc1 and nvida go 6600 can't use Areo in Toshiba Laptop by Don Murphy
I have a Toshiba M40 (Canadian product) attempting to run RC1 with Areo. Pentium M 1.5 G memory Nvidia FX GO 6600 Vista is able to detect and download NVidia GForce Go 66000 driver version 7.3.4.0 dated May 5, 2006 from Windows update
September 11th 06 05:26 AM
by John Doe Go to last post
2 458
SB Live Vista Drivers by Ziz
Little problem, i did that and yeah it installed it ok. But then i went and let Vista pick the driver for my ati x1600... rebooted and it bluescreen so i had to use last known config. I see that the sound driver aint' installed again, so i do that again but just get error saying it found drivers but couldn't find the file it needed. I deleted the dir and tried again but still same error...
September 11th 06 04:16 AM
by Ziz Go to last post
0 377
Intel PRO 2100A Mini PCI and Vista RC1 by J-Mars
I've been testing Vista since Beta 2 now and everything has installed fine on my Toshiba Tecra S1 notebook except one thing that always fails - the wifi card. Vista sees it fine during setup, and after setup as well, and even has native drivers but it cannot seem to install them properly and gives a time out error. Any ideas on how to resolve this?
September 11th 06 04:40 AM
by J-Mars Go to last post
0 320
Realtek ALC882 noworky... by Some guy in Kirkland
Installed RC1 on a Infinity 975X with a Core 2 Duo E6700 and 2GB ram... the sound card is not found on install and Windows Update does not see it. I tried the drivers from the motherboards website but those do not work as well... anyone got these things working?
September 11th 06 06:42 AM
by Some guy in Kirkland Go to last post
0 327
WLAN A31p by Tobias Riebesel
Hello, i have a IBM A31p with the IBM High Rate Wireless LAN MiniPCI Combo Card. The wireless card is a Actiontec. In the previous versions of vista i can use the XP driver for the wlan. Now in RC1 the XP driver is very or i didn't get an IP adress. Can anyone help me? Have anyone an tip for another driver or anything else? thanks Tobias
September 11th 06 08:50 AM
by Tobias Riebesel Go to last post
0 264
Souncard issues in RC1 by DJJoker
Hi, I had previous installed the WindowsXP 64 bit drivers for this soundcard and the associated Patchmix application under Beta 2 and had the souncard working properly. Since installing RC1 the drivers install and the application, but now the Patchmix application fails when you try to launch it, and my souncard still has an exclamation mark beside it in the device manager. The error stated...
September 11th 06 09:11 AM
by DJJoker Go to last post
0 264
Realtek AC97 HD Drivers.... Please get working drivers in release. by Andrew_Wilson
So far the Windows Vista experience since Beta 2 has been great. But we are now on RC1 and we still do not have working drivers for Realtek AC97. There are beta drivers available from Realtek but they give me the blue screen of death everytime I try to install. Its very frustrating. I know Microsoft isnt Realtek, but can they light a fire under something to get a move on this? Thanks!
September 11th 06 03:56 PM
by MrCoffee Go to last post
1 255
Upgrading Graphics card by Jim Stevenson
After installing Vista RC1 I decided to upgrade the original Geforce Ti4600 graphics card with a Geforce 6600GT card in order to improve graphics performance. No issues with the swap or driver install and the system recognises the new card/drivers but......when I try to update the Performance Index the system starts the update but then I am left with a totally blank screen (as if the...
September 11th 06 03:16 PM
by Jim Stevenson Go to last post
0 255
Removable Firewire HD problems by Pgo
Jonathan, I have the same drive and it works fine connected to USB on RC1 but gets a driver error when connected to the firewire port. Let me know if you found a solutions as I would like to have it on my firewire channel "Jonathan" wrote: I have a 320GB Firewire drive that has exactly the same problem. Vista correctly finds my host controller, but it doesn't find the drive attached to
September 12th 06 03:39 AM
by Pgo Go to last post

From The