Looking for an external usb drive enclosure by unclebuckle
I'm trying to find an external drive enclosure that is compatible with Windows Vista (either 32 or 64) that will accept either a 3.5 IDE or 3.5 SATA drive. Please reply with your recommendations. Thanks UB
October 19th 08 05:16 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
3 279
Chicken Little Dick by Mick Murphy
OK, Murphy... you've had your fun. It's time to quit screwing up this and other groups because you've got a vendetta going against the clown. -- Bad Mike "Mr. Arnold " wrote We are pulling your fake "Chicken Little" body apart to look at your entrails.
October 19th 08 04:22 AM
by Mr. Arnold[_4_] Go to last post
2 247
bluescreen 0xd1_p17+3998b, type 0 Sound Issue by N1CKJUM4NJ1
I keep getting the bluescreen, first from flash and now from my audio software. I tried 'Problem Reports and Solutions' but the solutions i found did not work, and I have searched these boards but I found nothing. I am on Windows Vista Home Premium. Sound Card:- Name: SB Audigy Manufacturor: Creative Technology Incorporated Driver: P17.sys
October 18th 08 07:55 PM
by N1CKJUM4NJ1 Go to last post
0 209
Bluescreen 0XD1_MRVW13B+23580,type 0 by Susan
We've had a new computer for about amonth and have been having problems with wireless networking. Now it keeps crashing with bluescreen and the fault bucket reason above. Does anyone have an idea, please. Thanks Susan
October 18th 08 05:50 PM
by DDW[_3_] Go to last post
1 183
Bluescreen 0XD1_MRVW13B+23580,type 0 by Susan
We've had this new computer for a month and have been having trouble with wireless networking, but now it keeps crashing to blue screen with this fault bucket reason, does anyone have a clue, please.
October 18th 08 05:09 PM
by Susan Go to last post
0 219
going 64 by Drew
This may have been answered a million times or more but I am not really sure how to pose this question in order to research.. I am going to be switching to 64bit and was wondering how one would find out if things will work in 64bit such as my antispyware, antivirus, e-mail, and such.. I have drivers for my printer so I know that will work but what about internal cd/dvd burners ? Do they...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 18th 08 03:10 PM
by RiverDog Go to last post
12 467
Vista Wireless and mac filtering by John
I have AP's using WEP and mac filtering for security. All laptops with Windows XP connect fine. Laptops with Vista Bus. connect to the AP but don't receive an address from the DHCP server. I can give the Vista laptop a static address and I'm able to access the network. If I turn off mac filtering, I'm able to access the network. Has anyone ran across this problem?
October 18th 08 02:25 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
2 204
Please help with Compatability of Motherboard by beachin
HI, I am hoping that someone can help me. I bought this laptop back in Feb. of 2007 and purchased the extended warranty but it wasn't through Gateway and they there in tech support want to spend more time dealing with that then just giving me a yes or no. I just started a new business and I am really broke and my Laptop died. It has water damage and needs a new motherboard says the ext....
October 18th 08 01:21 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
2 217
Dell 490 E-sata? by John[_48_]
I have a Dell 490 and I am trying to use 2 eSATA 500gb Seagate drives in Antec MX-1 cases as RAID 0. I have set this up in the RAID BIOS as the 1st 2 drives non RAID that the last 2 as RAID. Windows XP Pro detects all drives and formated all drives. I realize this is a windows VISTA newsgroup but I saw a lot of good advice here. I have 2 internal SATA HDs one for the OS and programs and the 2nd...
October 18th 08 04:26 AM
by John[_48_] Go to last post
2 204
Vista Ultimate 64 BSOD 0x00000050 PAGED FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA by Michael R. Mastro II[_2_]
Hello, I am having a problem that I have been running into for the past few months. While I am trying to play a game, I will occasionally have a BSOD that calls out 0x0000050 PAGED FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA. After it restarts it brings up the Windows Error reporting and suggests that the soundcard is bad. The steps I have gone through to end this error are the following. 1. Disabled...
October 17th 08 09:46 PM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 211
vista WON'T boot with 4gb by Violent Ken[_5_]
help me vista gurus. after using this PC about 1 month i finally got my RMA replacement of 2gbRAM everything is 100% stable with 2GB, but when i add the 2nd 2gb vista will not boot. something about sptd.exe failed or corrupt. however BOTH 2gb kits boot vista and work perfectly alone, but all 4gb in at once will not boot
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 17th 08 05:47 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
36 588
Reinstalled Vista by MSPRISSYSMOM
-My friend is having issues, I am relaying there problem, here goes:- -just reinstalled Vista. It loaded into C: which is a pity as there was a partition for it to load into named D: My C: only has 10 GB space and is now full. D: has 325 GB and nothing goes into it!. Can I change the drive letters to make this problem go away? Configuration: Vista Home Premium. History: Recently reinstalled...
October 17th 08 01:15 PM
by SIW2 Go to last post
5 207
problem with the bluescreen error. caused by the wirless networkin by Rajesh
Name Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection Adapter Type Ethernet 802.3 Product Type Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\netw4v32.sys (11.5.0.34, 2.15 MB (2,252,800 bytes), 31/10/2007 6:36 PM) faultbucket- 0x9F_nt!PopBuildDeviceNotifyLis****chdog+27, type 0 Windows NT Version 6.0 Build: 6000 Product (0x2): Windows Vista (TM) Home...
October 17th 08 08:46 AM
by Rajesh Go to last post
0 243
Problems with sleep by BuzzLightyear
To make Windows go to sleep mode correctly I have to disable the option to wake up the system with the keyboard, otherwise it goes to sleep mode but suddenly restarts. Also, after restoring from sleep mode, network connectivity doesn't work and using Network diagnosis I have to restore LAN settings
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 17th 08 07:19 AM
by JKK Go to last post
22 593
my sata hd is now a scsi device by blitzgp
i just got a new sata HD and installed windows vista. it initially detected my old sata hd, as i had put all my drivers and programs/patches on my old hd to make updating faster. when i rebooted, my old sata hd now appears as a scsi device and it has disappeared from windows explorer and disk managment. -- blitzgp
October 17th 08 06:05 AM
by blitzgp Go to last post
2 186
Lexmark Z25 Printer by Tilly14
Hello everyone, I want to use a Lexmark Z25 Printer here at home on my Vista Home Professional with SP1 PC. It's not (directly) internally supported in Windows, nor does Lexmark deliver any drivers for them. Doe someone have any ideas how I can use the printer on my PC? Thanx, Tilly14
October 17th 08 03:18 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
9 251
ScanJet 3970 Driver for Vista by Sabo, Eric
Does anyone know of other driver that I could use for a ScanJet 3970 Scanner from HP on windows vista? HP is saying they will have a driver in the near future.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 16th 08 11:35 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
17 326
HP 690C by Dajan
Hi, I know its an old printer but does what I need it to and I can get the ink free, is there a driver to suit Vista Ultimate 32 bit. Thanks
October 16th 08 11:33 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
5 280
Help with microphone Windows Vista by sesilie
lately I've been having problems with my microphone. Inbuilt, jack no matter what. Just microphone in general. I don't know why. It just came all of a sudden. When I record something or just talk on MSN, Vent or whatever with people it's all like wavy and noisy. I tried lookin for help pretty much anywhere and yeah, here I am. I own a HP Pavillion dv9096xx running Windows Vista Home Premium...
October 16th 08 09:20 PM
by sesilie Go to last post
0 224
Vista disk cleanup button? by RuffRider
In Windows XP every drive (real or partition)has the disk cleanup button on the drive properties general tab but in Vista only on the c drive... is this right or not? I thought the button was on every general tab and not only the general tab for drive c.
October 16th 08 08:56 PM
by DDW[_3_] Go to last post

From The