striped disk gone after installing vista by Leon from Holland
Hello, In my XP setting i had 4 drives 2 raptors en 2 maxtor both striped. After installing Vista the 2 raptors are still striped as volums C: but the 2 maxtors are now simple 2 disks both 239 GB. It is not possible to stripe them. I just cannot get them dynamic. Even Diskpart failes by saying: (Not supported by Vista???) I got me an Vista Upgrape so i do not want to format C: because i...
February 10th 07 02:38 PM
by Leon from Holland Go to last post
2 157
DVD Rom and DVDRW Don't Work by JJFGB
I've just upgraded to Vista after the upgrade advisor said I would be ok, but now neither my DVD Rom or my DVD RW work. They appear in computer and when I insert a disc, the icon changes to the correct type but if I try to read the disc, it tells me to insert a disc. My drives a HL-DT-ST DVDRW GWA-416B ATA Device Philips DROM 6216 ATA Device
February 10th 07 02:39 PM
by Waistcoat Go to last post
1 121
Advansys ASC3030 by RF
I need a driver for SCSI Advansys ASC3030
February 10th 07 04:00 PM
by RF Go to last post
0 488
stick shift on the key board by MR
I am using a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A with Visa Business Edition I installed the Intellitype software, version 6.1 it seems that the left shift key sometimes "sticks" (sorry for the play on words in the subject). Occasionally when I press the left shift key, all the following characters are up shifted, even the numerics are up shifted. when I do a mouse click, I get results as...
February 10th 07 04:40 PM
by MR Go to last post
2 173
Wierd Noise by Sam
Every time I move my mouse there is a rasping noise in the speakers. This is really getting on my nerves and I do not know how to turn it off, except by turning off the speakers. Does everyone have this nosie when teh mouse moves? -- Sam
February 10th 07 06:11 PM
by Hertz_Donut Go to last post
1 189
Amd Athlon 64 X2 4800+ problem by betanews.microsoft.com
Hi, I'm having problems finding suitable device drivers for this processor. I have found XP and 2003 ones but Vista only seems to run one of the cores, the other it says this: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you Vaughan
February 10th 07 06:13 PM
by Hertz_Donut Go to last post
2 190
Let Consumers Decide! by QuickSil59
Let consumers decide if they want to enable the hardware abstraction layer or not! I say this because it seems that the advanced features of many soundcards are now crippled because they can no longer utilize hardware acceleration. I don’t care if you give me a pop up each time my system starts that warns me that HAL-enabled hardware will make my system unstable. Just let me make the...
February 10th 07 06:15 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
2 231
Directx 10 graphics cards by Conor
Hi, I'm going to get a system in about 3 months with vista on it and NEED a directx 10 gpu, at current there are only the 8800 serious and unless any other directx 10 gpus come out within 3 months im gonna have to get 1 of them, which i don't really want to, id rather get a cheaper one and it has to be directx 10 card. Anyone know of any other directx 10 gpus that are coming out??
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 10th 07 06:20 PM
by daz Go to last post
11 475
Won't read my duo card!? by Billy
I installed Vista Home Preium on my HP notebook dv5094ea. Everything is great and there has been no issue until I put my duo card (pro-duo in its adaptor) into the card slot. Nothing happened. I updated the flash bios from the HP website and this has at least got the card recognised. Now its sayinhg to update quick play, I can't find this anywhere. I am also not convinced that thsi will...
February 10th 07 06:48 PM
by Billy Go to last post
0 191
Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video card n by dopperman
My Toshiba Satellite Pro P105-S9722 nVidia GeForce Go760 video card does NOT appear to be supported by VISTA. I bought the laptop late last year (Nov.) and it indicated it would support VISTA on the label and a free upgrade would be possible if I bought it then. I purchased Windows Vista Home Professional version and upgraded the Laptop from Scratch from Windows XP Professional. It has not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 10th 07 07:54 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
10 436
Vista Resolution Problem by anej
HI I have tried Windows Vista Final 32bit. Resolution in Vista is limited to max. 1024 x 768. I need 1280 x 1024. I have tried Microsoft video drivers and Ati RTM latest drivers. I have Radeon x800 gto and 19" LG screen, L1952TQ. What could be the problem? Thank you
February 10th 07 08:22 PM
by JW Go to last post
5 226
Which one is the best for Vista Ultimate? by Wojnarowski
One of these? You're in : Home » Components » Motherboards » Intel 775 (965P Chipset) http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=701&catid=5&sortby=nameAsc&subid=565&mfrid=1 or one of these? You're in : Home » Components » Motherboards » Intel 775 (975X Chipset)
February 10th 07 08:48 PM
by Wojnarowski Go to last post
4 258
code 12 in vista device manager by franks
its for my pci to pimica card adapter for my cingular cell card. it says code 12 and says there isnt enough resources to use device but the driver looks to be fine
February 10th 07 09:11 PM
by franks Go to last post
0 172
Axim X51v - Outlook 2003/Activsync Compatible with Vista? by SMHANKS
I have just purchased a Gateway Laptop which come with Vista Home Premium. I have Dell Axim x51v PDA which is used/sync on my desktop computer. I would like to use my PDA with my laptop. How do I go about installing outlook 2003 and activsync on my laptop without losing all my data and more importantly can this be done? I was told that Outlook 2003 could only be used on one computer. I...
February 10th 07 09:14 PM
by SMHANKS Go to last post
0 153
How to install the NEW NFORCE 4 drivers? by Christian
Hi I got Windows VISTA 64bit, and i cant get the new sata driver (non-RAID) to work.... which entry would i have to select if i would take the manual way over inf installation? the only entries i have in the Device manager are the following: in IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller ATA Channel 0
February 10th 07 09:45 PM
by Christian Go to last post
4 176
Nvidia drivers/services not loading at startup by David Priessman
Have had an ongoing issue with vid card drivers not loading. After some searching of Windows defender, it appears that Defender has stooped them from loading and WON'T allow them to load. I've even turned Defender off, tried to go in and enable the 3 services it's blocked to no avail. I only get basic coverage of drivers for my 2 6800 GS cards and can't load some of my favorite games....
February 10th 07 10:02 PM
by Mikey Go to last post
1 159
dvd does not play in media player by Billy
My HP9288ea is going fine, however, when I tried to play a DVD it doesn't work, just a black screen. It works in VLC player, not in media centre? Any advice? Billy Intel Core duo 1.8 Nvidea 7600 Go geforce
February 10th 07 10:04 PM
by Billy Go to last post
0 163
configuring ups by tx
i have a ups connected iwht my computer through a serial port on xp i was able to configure through the power options to set it to hibernate or shutdown during a prolonged power outtage now on vista i cant find any option i need help very badly since there are a lot of power outtages where i live and i leave my pc on 24/7
February 10th 07 10:21 PM
by tx Go to last post
0 154
nvidia 7300gs by Pierre
Hi my computer keeps crashing, it says it's hardware, i have a message from problem reporting saying it's my video device driver. It says i have the most up to date driver. It says to manually decrease the hardware acceleration but the driver won't let me. I'm a novice when it comes to computers so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I'm running vista 32bit, My graphics card is a...
February 10th 07 10:30 PM
by Pierre Go to last post
3 169
L2000, Lance Armstrong Edition Memory Card Read Driver Issue by Macy Bergoon
Hello: I have an L2000 HP Laptop. I performed a clean install to Vista Home Prem. and everything works fine except the Memory Card Reader. I cannot find a suitable driver. Any help out there??? Regards,
February 10th 07 10:37 PM
by Macy Bergoon Go to last post

From The