  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Asus sata dvdrw driving me insane by danjohn1
Hi guys.. I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas on the following . I removed my ide burner to use in my other computer and purchased a new sony sata dvd burner. Installed burner and bios as well as Vista recognized the drive but whenever i inserted a disk(cd or dvd) explorer crashed. Tried everything even the microsoft fixes. I returned drive this morning and got a sata Asus drive ....
May 10th 09 05:21 PM
by westom Go to last post
2 269
Help by Jared G
What is User Define Button used for in Lenovo Laptops?
February 22nd 08 11:06 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 269
Get the disbaled device list in vista through win32 Api in vc++ by vinaykabadi
Dear Sir, At any time in vista OS If I want to access the disabled device list what I have to do. Currently I am using IMMDeviceEnumerator and with its instance I am calling EnumAudioEndpoints function where I am passing DEVICE_STATE_DISABLED state device to be accessed but Its showinf zero devices in all cases.
September 26th 08 02:33 PM
by vinaykabadi Go to last post
0 269
ATIKMDAG.SYS by mehuh
What do you mean by fully clean up? I always uninstall, reboot and then install the new ATI driver-only package. Do you do something else after uninstalling the ATI software? -- mehuh
October 3rd 08 02:13 AM
by chuckbam[_6_] Go to last post
1 269
SATA DVD Burners by Sid-M
I apologize for my ignorance, but I just can't find an answer. I notice that the SATA DVD Burners, such as Sony and Samsung, do not have an audio output. Does this mean that it is not required to connect the audio output to your sound card if the drive is SATA? Thanks for any information.
November 8th 08 03:00 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
3 269
Change synchronization folder in Mobile Device Center by Jan Poot
Is there a way to change the default synchonization folder in Mobile Device Center? I found a reg-key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\Partners\id\Services\Synchronization\Briefcase Path. When I change that, everything seems to be changed, but after a short while, the old value is back and -worse- the name of designated is changed. Does anyone have a solution for...
November 15th 08 02:25 PM
by Jan Poot Go to last post
0 269
3-button Mouse Driver by stevemac
Hi, I have just installed Vista Home Basic. I use a fairly old Logitech mouse which does not have a Vista compatible driver. Windows has installed the standard 2 button mouse driver which does not recognise the 3rd button. Is there any way to install an MS standard 3 button driver so I can use the 3rd button on my mouse?
December 1st 08 12:48 PM
by stevemac Go to last post
0 269
Vista external usb drive issue by cugamer
Greetings all I just build my first home built system, and I didn't screw it up :). I've installed Windows Vista Business 64 bit which I got for free since I'm a student which is a plus and it's been mostly smooth sailing except for one issue which is driving me insane. I have a WD 640gig external HD and every time I connect it Vista searches for the drivers, and then tells me it can't find...
March 29th 09 05:08 PM
by maya Go to last post
9 269
I would recommend the antispyware solution from Search-and-destroy to anyone. by Omar123
*I spent a lot of time searching for a good scanner at an affordable price. I tired many different ones before I found Search-and-destroy Antispyware but when I tired it I was very happy with the results. I would recommend the antispyware solution from Search-and-destroy to anyone searching for a great scan that works just as well as Norton and many of the others that you would pay more for....
May 24th 09 10:34 PM
by Black Baptist Go to last post
2 269
How can I get graphic drivers for vista Intel 845 GVAD2 mother board? by Robert James
How can I get graphic drivers for vista Intel 845 GVAD2 mother board? Intel I think is not going to offer any drivers for vista for this mother board. I really cantgo for a new pc right now. :( Is there a way around. Thanks James
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 24th 07 12:24 AM
by KickinChicken Go to last post
10 269
Vista won't boot with printer turned off by TurboFool
I have an Epson Stylus CX4800 all-in-one printer with built-in card reader. If my printer is turned off, Vista will not cold-boot (restores from hibernate with no trouble, though). As well, some applications or installers won't function properly (ATI Catalyst installer hangs while searching for hardware, but continues the moment the printer's turned on, and Acronis TrueImage hangs while...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 27th 07 04:36 PM
by TurboFool Go to last post
14 269
Apple's New Browser for Windows! by Mario
Better make osx work in a PC and free us from windows vista !!!! "MICHAEL" wrote: I'm not impressed with Safari. The "twice as fast" claim is a ridiculous lie. It's ugly. And just like most Apple products, there's not much tweaking/personalization you can do to it.
June 12th 07 02:33 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 269
Windows Vista driver folder? by wolfgrrl
I just did a clean install of Vista 5744. It did not load my ethernet driver or my sound driver. I pointed it to the previous Vista install directory (RC1, 5600 I think) and it was able to install them. I want to wipe clean the HD that I installed RC1 on to reclaim the space (Vista is installed on my primary boot drive now), so could someone please tell me what folder I would need to save...
November 1st 08 08:01 AM
by Luke Franklin Go to last post
6 269
Compaq nx7010 ATI Drivers... by Keith Jetton
I agree with JO's post about the ATI drivers. I installed Vista RC1 last night and found out about the video issue. I found that if I disable the AGP port that my laptop screen is fine, but there goes the dual monitor support as well. Right now I have it setup as external monitor only. I have also tried to download drivers at ATI direct, but they do not have drivers for the ATI Mobility...
October 16th 06 09:00 PM
by Keith Jetton Go to last post
0 268
No native Vista drivers for ATI Radeon 9000? by Torben Gundtofte-Bruun
Hi all! Is there no native Vista driver for the ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB? I've looked at www,ati.com (and ati.amd.com) but the only Vista driver pack is "catalyst_8-31-100_vista32_rc2" which doesn't include the 9000 cards. My computer gets a rating of 1,0 because Vista doesn't detect any RAM on the card. (Other components get ratings of 2,6..4,8.) But I don't think the graphics card is the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 11th 06 03:34 AM
by JW Go to last post
10 268
Vista installing with XP boot drive question by Warren
Ok, here goes. I have a new system AND hdd coming, with vista upgrade version. I think it's going to work like this.. install XP CD on new drive, activate, then install vista. Now, main question here is.. I want to use the XP hdd from this system as a secondary HDD, not a boot one, just a data one. I want to keep ALL files on that HDD, so I can pick and choose what to install later. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 3rd 07 07:44 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
12 268
LG 16x DVD Burner not working (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B ATA) by JeffO
I have an LG 16x DVD Dual Layer Burner that works EXTREMELY SLOW 5% of the times but most the time just freezes when burning. It can read ok, but burning anhy sort of cd or dvd is pretty much a coaster. I checked the LG website to see if there are any updates, but there was not for my model. I contacted LG but they said there is nothing they can do, I'll have to pray that microsoft releases...
February 21st 07 09:12 PM
by WhiplashInfo.se Go to last post
1 268
Centrino 1.3 MHz, 1 GB Ram, 32 bit Graphic Card by Ado
Shall I proceed and upgrade my Windows XP to Vista Business???
February 25th 07 11:54 AM
by William Dowell Go to last post
4 268
Canon Print Driver not recognising Vista by Pat
I have just downloaded the Vista printer driver for my Canon Pixma MP130 printer. When I run the install software it tells me it is for Vista and then aborts. I am running Vista Home Premium . Help?
February 26th 07 01:11 PM
by pvdg42 Go to last post
1 268
Pioneer DVD Writer Disappears After Reboot - Vista RC1 by AC - 2006
Hi, Just wondering whether anyone has experience issue with DVD writer disappearing from Vista RC1 after rebooting. I have a Pioneer 111D installed with a Liteon CD/DVD combo. When I restart my PC, either from a cold or warm reboot, Vista can see my Liteon drive but not by Pioneer DVD writer. However, If I go into DEVICE MANAGER and perform a SCAN FOR NEW HARDWARE, the Pioneer DVD writer...
October 19th 06 03:42 PM
by Dave B Go to last post

From The