Speech Recognition help...... by SeanBland
Just the other day, I installed Windows Vista. Everything seemed to work just fine until i tried to set up the speech recognition. I have a Brand new Microphone Headset, along with a brand new soundcard that the microsoft website said was compatible with vista, and I also installed the drivers that the website supported for the sound card, But it still refuses to work. The microphone doesn't...
February 17th 07 01:29 AM
by SeanBland Go to last post
0 179
DVD player problem by sean stephen
Carey, thanks for your advice yesterday. sorry for only acknowledging your message now. i found the HP driver download site and downloaded most of the drivers. i have had my notebook about a month and for some reason HP never supplies updates even though i check regularly. anyway, i still have the problem with certain DVD's not being read. well it seems to be fussy. perhaps it's mechanical....
August 10th 07 08:26 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
2 101
DVD player driver by sean stephen
hi. i'm having trouble getting autoplay to work. checked all the right boxes in 'set defaults' and still nothing. can i delete the driver and download it again?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 26th 08 06:31 AM
by ribeiro Go to last post
20 376
DVD player by sean stephen
I'm a newcomer to the pc world and i need soem advice..please.! i have windows vista home basic installed on an HP 530 notebook. i have had trouble playing certain DVD's ...in particular collection of James Bond movies...no kidding. anyway, i've downloaded a vlc media player as well as Realplayer in order to view these movies because windows media player 11 wouldn't. it seemed the laser just...
August 9th 07 06:55 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
2 120
Laptop no longer detects DVD drive, usual fix unsuccessful by Sean Prior
Hi all, I bought a Packard Bell laptop in March which runs off Vista. Yesterday I tried to run a game I had been playing for weeks by clicking the normal icon. I received an error message stating "We cannot detect a CD-Rom drive on your system". I tried the same with a variety of other DVDs and received the same message each time. The DVD drive in question has worked fine up 'til now and...
October 5th 07 04:42 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 106
Vista crashing when installing drivers for Xerox Phaser 6110MFP by Sean Forehand
Every time I try to use the installation CD which came with a Xerox Phaser 6110MFP to install the drivers and utilities software on a Dell Inspiron 530 w/ 32-bit Vista OS, the OS crashes. I have to boot up in safe mode and restore back before the installation of the drivers. Same thing happens when I try to use the drivers downloaded from the Xerox website. I was able to get the printer...
January 12th 09 02:39 AM
by Charles W Davis Go to last post
2 202
Gateway x6421 driver issues by Sean Alec
I just installed RC1 onto my Gateway notebook (mx6421), and there are there 3 devices that I can't seem to find drivers for or at least updated drivers for Vista. Here is the list of them; Mas Storage Controller, Multimedia Audio Controller, and my PCI Modem. If anyone has been having the same issues let me know if they have found a soultion. Or if there are no soultions, my assumption is...
September 16th 06 03:26 AM
by Sean Alec Go to last post
0 133
Transferring Disk Space by Sean
Can anyone tell me how I would "transfer" disk space from my partioned D drive to C drive? Just tp try, I've already "unallocated" 1G, and now have no clue what to do with it - lol (I did not request the drive be partioned, and now apparently I'm stuck with it). HEEELP!!!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 9th 08 11:22 AM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
11 383
Does Vista RC1 support SATA-DVD when install? by Sean
I am planning of purchasing a new SATA-DVD, does Vista RC1 support SATA-DVD installation? Thanks in advance.
September 5th 06 05:47 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 498
How to reinstall windows vista without a CD by SEAN
I bought a lap top with a windows vista in it.. and I want to reinstall it because of certain errors.. l
November 7th 07 11:26 AM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
4 121
Blue screen by Sean
I have experienced the blue sceen twice now. I typed in the response in the search results and there were no results. Please send more info if possible. The result was: http://oca.microsoft.com/resdir.aspx?sid=13803Bucket=0xD1 MRVW147+35e30
February 14th 09 10:22 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 151
How do I create a new partion? by Sean
How do I create a new partion in win vista prem. if the extend option is grayed out in the disk management applet ? The shrink option isn't?
July 26th 07 02:02 PM
by usasma Go to last post
4 136
Are there any usb tv tuners that are compatibble with vista premium? by sean
Are there any usb tv tuners that are compatibble with vista premium?
April 18th 07 10:26 PM
by sean Go to last post
0 142
tv tuners conpatible with vista ptemium by sean
Are there any usb tv tuners that are compatibble with vista premium?
April 19th 07 12:12 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 144
TV by sean
OK I did a clean install of Vista Premium. So then it tells me to upgrade my Catalyst Control Center. So I did to the latest version. Great. im able to use the Areo Glass or whatever they it call it. It looks beatiful. But when i bought my All in wonder the cd installed the drivers AND the MMC YOU KNOW with the tv tuner which was the main reason I bought that card in the first place! Can...
March 21st 07 04:10 PM
by sean Go to last post
2 395
TV by sean
does anyone know when the tv tuner part of the ati v.x1300/x1550 is coming out? I bought the radeon card just so I can watch tv on my comp.All in Wonder R.adeon When i installed vista premium clean install it automatically found my pci card and installed drivers x1300/x1550 drivers. screen looks great with aero glass but i want to watch tv? someone please send me a link or a workarkaround...
April 13th 07 04:31 PM
by sean Go to last post
3 325
CRT monitor not fully supported under Vista. by seahawk97
Monitor: Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930SB OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate The problem I have is that under Windows XP my monitor refreshes at 120hz and under Windows Vista, the highest it will go is 100hz, leaving me with little bars on the side of the screen because I can't make it wider with my monitor controls. It is maxed out at 100 percent. I know it is not a driver issue because I...
October 31st 07 03:20 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
2 102
No Sound by Seaglasser
I just got this new computer and the Vista program and I've connected everything and I can not get the sound to work. I've double checked everything, could someone please let me know what it might be? Thanks
August 7th 07 09:32 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 95
CD-ROM not found after downloading iTunes by Seadog
I recently purchased a new PC with the Vista Home Premium OS. On downloading iTunes 7.5 my CD-ROM was no longer functional. After deleting iTunes and restoring the CD-ROM, I attempted to download iTunes again. Same result. Does anyone know what is going on and how can it be fixed? -- Seadog
November 23rd 07 06:49 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 114
Sound Problems by sdz
Okay, I'm very illiterate when it comes to computers. I got a Gateway laptop with Windows Vista included. The first time I started playing with it, games and such, I had sound but I stupidly put in the CD that came with the computer that apparently is only for reinstalling. Now I have no sound. I went to the Gateway download site and downloaded a driver that said it was compatible to my...
January 23rd 08 07:41 PM
by sdz Go to last post

From The