  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
CPU Speed by Daniel
Hi I have Vista Ultimate. My CPU is a Pent D Extreme Edition 3.2 Ghz, when I run CPU-Z it shows Core Speed at 2800.4 or lower, dropping below 2798.1 at times. Why is that, how do I get it to run at 3200 all the time?
February 26th 08 01:35 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
7 170
CPU Thermal Compound and Thermal Grease. Which is better? by GT
My CPU Heatsink have a pre-applied thermal grease. Do i have to buy a thermal grease for my CPU heatsink or can i also apply thermal compound? if i can then which one is better?
May 4th 07 05:09 AM
by Tom Lake Go to last post
7 191
CPU Upgrades by Octane715
Hello, I am runing windows vista home premium 64bit, on a dell precision with a dual core xeon. I was thinking about upgrading to a quad core xeon. Will this require a reinstall of vista? Or is a reinstall recommended? I'd appreciate any help.
August 19th 07 04:40 PM
by Octane715 Go to last post
0 107
CPU/System Fan Control setting in bios by GT
The monitoring tools in bios shows info about CPU/system fan control. What do all of the things under the CPU/system fan control mean exactly? Should the setting be change? CPU temperature 36c/96.5f CPU fan speed: 2730 RPM system fan speed 1170 RPM CPU/system fan control: enabled Fan high temp: 65C
April 13th 09 09:21 PM
by firemusic Go to last post
6 210
crashing cant install programs by very frustrated vista user
just installed vista premium left it running for a hour turned off left it 1 hour restarted all ok went on to install nero 7 and it keeps crashing something about windows installer given up now 3 trys still the same went on to media centre clicked on to recorded tv started to watch 1 of the trailers and CRASH rebooted tryed again same happened
February 16th 07 01:42 PM
by very frustrated vista user Go to last post
0 295
Craziest Mouse issue I've ever had...could use some help... by Chase
Okay...this is wild...So I moved my pc from one side of my desk to another. It required me to unplug everything and plug everything back in once the tower was moved. This means I unplugged my USB port mouse in the process... So when I plug everything back in, I didn't immediately notice anything and after a short while my cursor freezes on my desktop. I realize that the mouse is, in fact,...
March 16th 07 03:49 AM
by dean-dean Go to last post
3 99
crcdisk.sys and Vista Enterprise total system meltdown dell xps 41 by David
Running Microsoft Vista Enterprise on Dell XPS 410 w/ Dual 250GB SATA drives on internal Dell SATA (intel) RAID controller using raid level 1. System ran microsoft update to install updates and i also installed the update for the creative sb x-fi sound card that came with the system. upon rebooting the system will continue to start loading and then restart. I tried the system in safe mode...
March 26th 08 11:56 AM
by Siddhesht Go to last post
1 223
crcdisk.sys start up problem (with boot log) by Jimmy
My vista 64 setup is working great, except for one annoying glitch: every time I boot up from shutdown, Vista freezes (while that green progress bar is going back and forth). If I then press the reset button, it starts up fine. This behavior happens in safe mode and in normal mode. My vista 64 setup is working great, except for one annoying glitch: every time I boot up from shutdown, Vista...
August 13th 07 07:22 PM
by Jimmy Go to last post
2 94
Create disable/enable device shortcut for sound card? by smarteyeball[_3_]
I recently upgraded my sound card to an Azuentech X-Plosion Cinema (Nice card BTW) which I connect to my receiver via coax. I also connect my Xbox 360 to the receiver via optical. The dilemma: Both the coax and optical inputs on my receiver are on the same input (Sat/Cable) which means in order to hear sound from my 360 I must disable the sound card in device manager and then re-enable it...
July 18th 08 06:44 AM
by smarteyeball[_3_] Go to last post
3 164
create new backup hard drive by VinnyA
I have a desktop running windows XP. I have 2 hard drives, one is the master and the other is jumpered as the slave drive. I want to mirror the master so that the slave is exactly the same. I don’t care about incremental. I would do the complete write weekly. If my hard drive crashes I want to be able to change jumpers on the slave to make it the master, reboot the machine and keep on...
March 25th 08 09:59 AM
by DL Go to last post
3 231
CreateDC fails on an independent display by eigers
Hello everyone, I have Vista Ultimate 64 bit with 2 graphics cards. The second card should be an independent display (not part of the desktop), and shouldn't have a monitor attached. However, I still need to create a device context on it. The problem is that CreateDC fails on the second display with ERROR_DEVICE_NOT_READY. On XP the call to CreateDC succeeds. Why is this and how can this be...
November 17th 08 07:52 AM
by eigers Go to last post
0 256
Creating a Striped Volume in Vista 64-bit by SOA_Thomas
Hello, I just wondered if there is any chance I could get some help/advice on how to create a Striped volume in Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, everytime I try using Disk Management Console, it tells me: Dynamic Disks are not supported by this operating system. Ideas??? :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
August 20th 08 06:41 PM
by Hogtowner Go to last post
5 179
Creating another Hardware profile by bigbill[_2_]
Vista seems to only have a docked and undocked hardware profile and I cannot seem to find a way to create a custom one so I can choose different configurations at boot as we had in XP. Anyone know how to create a new profile? I know how to add and remove services in the services tab but can't seem to add a new profile. thanks, Bill -- bigbill
January 2nd 08 04:09 PM
by bigbill[_2_] Go to last post
0 150
Creative ALchemy (X-Fi Edition) 1.00.04 (5 June 2007) by Cal Bear '66
Creative ALchemy (X-Fi Edition) 1.00.04 Released today 5 June 2007 http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/ -- I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
July 5th 07 04:20 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 123
Creative ALchemy (X-Fi Edition) 1.00.04 (18.73 MB) Released Today by Cal Bear '66
Creative ALchemy (X-Fi Edition) 1.00.04 (18.73 MB) 12 June 2007 http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/ -- I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
June 13th 07 11:45 AM
by Telstar Go to last post
3 215
Creative Audigy + RC1 = not working! by Willgart
Hi, the creative drivers for my Audigy 2 works fine under pre-rc1 but not under RC1 I'm using RC1 x64 version versus x32 for the pre-rc1 release. anyone as the same issue?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 3rd 06 02:33 AM
by super_canard Go to last post
12 645
Creative Audigy 2 ZS by dwhagerman
I have a Creative Audigy 2 ZS in Vista Business that shows the game port as an unknown device. Everytime I have tried to update the drivers, I get the error "The driver installation file for this device is missing a neccessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact your hardware vendor" These are the latest "Vista approved" drivers for that card, but...
April 8th 08 09:46 AM
by dragiel Go to last post
2 159
Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM) by Mayham Spellings
Ok the problem is !!! Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS soundcard. After installing the Software to use n callibrate all 6 speakers (5.1) the software would not start at all. Software can not start because its missing the compatible Drivers or something. But in Device Manager i can see that i have - Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 15th 08 09:07 AM
by m1ch4L[_3_] Go to last post
10 441
Creative Audigy Update Broke My Sound! by GR
After spending way too much time troubleshooting my audigy 2 soundcard, I finally got it to work recently by reseating the card into another slot. It was working fine until I clicked on the recommended "creative audigy" update within Vista Update. Immediately following this update, my system crashed numerous time and was unwilling to reboot. I was an early adopted with Win95, Win98 and XP....
April 5th 07 01:39 AM
by dev Go to last post
5 163
Creative Audio by Joao Livio - MVP
Hi there, anyone know if there is any workaround in order to make avaiable the digital ouput for Creative Live 5.1, and if there is any driver for this device?, the one in the Windows Update don´t work as expected
March 20th 08 06:44 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post

From The