Automatically Duplicate 2 Internal Drives by Don Cohen[_2_]
Hi, I am about to purchase a new Dell Vista 64-bit system. I originally intended to have a pair of 500gb to 640gb hard drives in a Raid 1 configuration, so I would have automatic duplication of both OS and data files. If one drive failed, I could just swap in the other, and be good to go. The particular system I'm looking at doesn't offer a Raid 1 configuration, only Raid 0. The system...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 13th 08 12:34 AM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
12 572
Averatec 2200 drivers by Raj Kumar
Ha anyone found video driver for averatec 2200 (2260EY1). Averatec promised a video driver for vista in March 2007. Nothing has been posted as yet. I had searched numerous forums and found that many are looking for the same driver. I think the card is an S3 DeltaChrome.
October 12th 08 10:23 PM
by handydad Go to last post
1 401
Speaker Help by skulldragon3200
Hello everybody, I have a laptop with Vista, and I want to use some of my speakers that I have for my computer. It is a set of 3 speakers and they are plug in with only 1 jack. The only problem that I am having is that the jack is a mono jack. I used to use these speakers with XP and in XP there was a way to let you chose whether the sound output was broadcast in mono or stereo. Is there a way...
October 12th 08 09:47 PM
by skulldragon3200 Go to last post
0 401
overall speed upgrade question by Drew
Hey all Running a Intel D975XBX2 motherboard 4gigs of ddr667 ram and Core2 duo 1.86 and Nvidia 7900gs vid card and I am curious what would be the best bang for the buck speed upgrade some might suggest.. I play games like Company of Heroes as well as racing simulators ( Rfactor and GTR2)and flight sims (Microsoft's flight sim X.) I am not necessarily having any problems but would like advice...
October 12th 08 09:11 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
9 372
unable to view external hard drive in my computer by driver08
i have a toshiba laptop running windows vista home premium 32 bit and have just recently bought a my book western digital 640GB hard drive. i got the hard drive home put all my files on there and stupidly decided to try change the drives name. i changed the name of the drive and then suddenly it disappeared off my computer and now im stuck with a little black box with all my data on it and no way...
October 12th 08 08:59 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 258
Need access to Driver acceleration by RedGuy
Under Display Settings Advanced Setting (tab) Troubleshoot it should allow you to adjust your settings. My drivers for my graphics card and mother board are up to date, but I still cant get access. It says "Your current display driver does not allow changes to be made to hardware acceleration settings." Please someone tell me how to adjust this so I can change my acceleration settings.
October 12th 08 08:12 PM
by wingchun Go to last post
4 237
unable to view external hard drive in my computer by driver08[_2_]
sorry this thread was a mistake my computer wasnt showing i posted and im not sure how to delete this... please do not post so the thread can die -- driver08 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ driver08's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/driver08.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hardware-devices/1053536.htm
October 12th 08 06:25 PM
by driver08[_2_] Go to last post
0 265
Explorer stops responding when CD inserted. by stewartl
I have a DVD+RW to which I was transferring pictures. No problem although it did have a problem with a couple of the files The disc was about 75% full (of 4.7G). Next time I put the disc in I got a loud whirring and the computer showed Explorer had stopped responding. That all I get - totaly unable to access the disc. Similar discs of the same type no probs?
October 12th 08 02:00 PM
by stewartl Go to last post
0 266
Vista collapsed, reason given a probable error with audio device by H. Akhtar
event properties given as fault bucket 0xCE_BAD_IP_RTKVHDA+11e5c1, type 0 hav reloaded the sound drivers....audio device is misbehaving, system recognizes it randomly.
October 12th 08 11:40 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 353
DVD Drive E: Drive disappearing from Vista Home Premium 64 by dma5949
I have two SATA Liteon DVD drives, E: DVDRW LH-20A1L and F: DVD SHD-16S1S. Starting yesterday,Drive E: disappeared from My Computer and is not displayed in Device Manager, BIOS shows it's there. Yesterday Vista started taking longer to load too, the green loading bar freezes for about a minute. I tried running Start Up Repair from Vista Disc, repair didn't fing anything so I used Restore Point....
October 12th 08 10:44 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 279
DVD-Rom always formated in 'Burn to Disc' by zainulridlo
My DVD-ROM always display a new CD/DVD in 'Burn to Disc'. Why is it so? -- zainulridlo Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
October 12th 08 10:42 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 246
Vista driver for Mustek 1200 UB Plus scanner by daidainius
I have use Mustek 1200 UB Plus scanner. Unfortunatelly I can't found any compatabile Vista driver for him. :( Mustek website do not provide Vista drivers at present (I ask them). Had somebody same problem? Please suggest some solution or reply any comments.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 12th 08 12:42 AM
by logical[_2_] Go to last post
11 379
Computer crashes with 3gb and 4gb DDR3 Ram, but works with 2gb and by santiago83
Here are my pc stats. Proc. C2Quad 9300, Mobo DX38BT, 4gb RAM dual channel (Kingston set of two 2gb strips, DDR3 1333), NVIDIA GeForce XFX 8800GT 512mb ddr3, HD SG 750gb, PSU Satellite 600w, Windows Vista Ultimate 32 (same problem happened under Win XP, and I´d be willing to move up to Vista Ultimate 64). Here´s the thing. When I turn on my pc with just ONE of the two memory strips (2gb),...
October 11th 08 11:20 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
1 235
USB Keyboard/mouse will not load by wdbailey
I have been using Vista Ultimate with Logitech Cordless Desktop® LX 300 mouse/keyboard combo connected via USB for many months without incident. For no apparent reason they stopped working on boot up. This set comes with a PS2 option for the mouse so I was able to get cursor control to login Guest account and use onscreen keyboard to disable password for admin account. Device manager does not...
October 11th 08 06:34 PM
by wdbailey Go to last post
0 208
problem with blue screen caused by ethernet adapter or other cause by Indrit
Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 2008-10-11 2:58:15.PD Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: GezimDibra-PC Description:
October 11th 08 05:54 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
4 297
Usb by nrowe46
Vista home premium and the usb ports on my Compaq laptop no longer see my iPod. Help please. -- nrowe46 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nrowe46's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=593 View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23986
October 11th 08 01:46 PM
by nrowe46 Go to last post
0 394
USB External Hard Drive Not Detected by Trent_australia
Hi, Now I have tried all sorts of things. I have a Seagate Freeagent Desktop USB drive, It has been working fine I plug it in when I need it no problem the drive comes up. Now when I plug it in windows vista does not even find it. No new usb device nothing. I have been through everything in vista, device manager, drive manager, everything. So I tried it on my laptop also running vista, not...
October 10th 08 09:27 PM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
3 268
can't find card reader by PaulH7436
I have a Gateway desktop that is about a year old. It came with Vista Home but was modified with Virtual PC to run XP Home. I used the Gateway restore to set the machine back to original settings. Vista runs fine and the all USB ports work. The built- in multi-card reader does not work. It is not listed in Device Manager. I d/l a new driver for the USB & card reader from Gateway. The...
October 10th 08 06:06 PM
by Rutetuti Go to last post
6 260
Web Cam - I have to 'reinstall' this each time I log into my account by Annubis
I have a web cam that is attached via a multi-USB port to the computer. This gives me a little more 'reach' to get the web cam onto our monitor. Each time I log into my account, I am prompted to re-connect the device. I do this each time and the web cam works for the duration of my time on the PC. However, the whole process is required the next time I restart the PC. My question is "Does...
October 10th 08 12:10 PM
by VistaLava Go to last post
1 305
Dell - flashing amber light before post by damocles[_9_]
My mates Dell precision 690 workstation suffers from the dreaded flashing amber light with diagnostic error code 1 and 3 before post. It won't boot at all - just the flashing amber light starts when you turn it on. According to other websites this seems to indicate a power failure of some description. Has anyone resolved this issue with Dells...next stage is probably an RMA - but my friend...
October 10th 08 07:42 AM
by damocles[_9_] Go to last post

From The