automatic update drivers by Squibbly
how do i stop vista forcing the installation of its crummy wddm on my graphics card, i have tried numerous times to stop it, and now its getting on my goat of annoyance
February 11th 07 01:49 PM
by Byron Hinson Go to last post
5 161
Aero- INTEL 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset fails to work by Teeravee Sirinapasawasdee
Hi, If you are using Intel 915 chipset without aonther graphic chipset onboard, goto http://www.petitiononline.com/intel915/petition.html and sign it. The owner of petition will send this list to Intel that we are in trouble. Cheers, Pound@Gestalt
February 11th 07 02:09 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 217
Intel 915 and Aero by Teeravee Sirinapasawasdee
Hi, If you are using Intel 915 chipset without aonther graphic chipset onboard, goto http://www.petitiononline.com/intel915/petition.html and sign it. The owner of petition will send this list to Intel that we are in trouble. Cheers, Pound@Gestalt "apulaski" wrote:
February 11th 07 02:10 PM
by mikey31 Go to last post
1 182
PCI-E ATI 1300 still works horribly! by TechGuyatwork
Any 1300 users out there with some tips?
February 11th 07 03:03 PM
by TechGuyatwork Go to last post
0 143
Logitech Z-4i Speakers Not Working. by Dumperdery
Ok so i have just installed windows Vista ultimate on my "custom built" computer. Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor said it couldnt find any information on my sound card. All it knew was its name. So i install Vista Yesterday and everything works fine. Except my Speakers. So i do every possible thing i can do to make them work. I update drivers, check to see if they are enabled. all sorts of...
February 11th 07 04:15 PM
by Dumperdery Go to last post
2 179
Audigy card not detected after Vista install by Wolfy
Hi - I had XP Pro installed for a long time and all devices worked perfectly up until yesterday when I installed a retail version of Vista Ultimate. I have experimented with all the Beta versions in the past and while the Creative drivers were 'iffy' at best, they did at least work. However, after doing a fresh installation yesterday, my Audigy card isn't even DETECTED. I didn't even...
February 11th 07 05:24 PM
by David A. Lessnau Go to last post
1 172
Canon FB620U - Office 2007 Scan OK - Vista F & Scan NO ? by Wonderman
Installed a Canon FB620U in Vista Ultimate and it scnas into Office scan just fine. Vista FAx & Scan does not see the scanner. Any ideas appreciated.
February 11th 07 05:37 PM
by Wonderman Go to last post
0 163
HardDisk issue, soo close to fixing it, need help by ChronoShadow
Okay, I had to upgrade my motherboard and processor the other day, and found it was cheaper to just buy a whole new computer for what i needed, sooo, i did. It had Vista pre-installed on it already, so i figured i'd give vista a shot. I installed my old harddrive with EVERYTHING i had on my old computer into the new machine with the help of a friend. Now comes the problem. the computer...
February 11th 07 06:05 PM
by ChronoShadow Go to last post
2 202
Disable Driver Signature Enforcement by Christian Barmala
Vista 64-Bit enforces driver signature. While this is basically a gute idea, it prevents me from installing VMware Server and ext2fsd, which obviously contain unsigned components. I found the hint to press F8 during boot and choose the menu item "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" , but I still get the error message "Windows requires a digitally signied driver ... deinstall the program...
February 11th 07 06:43 PM
by Christian Barmala Go to last post
0 242
drivers raid ite8212f for vista by liffey
hello, i have a piece of hardware (raid ite8212f) that does not work with vista lill now, does anyone know where i can find the right driver? thx liffey
February 11th 07 08:32 PM
by BobS Go to last post
1 203
Firewire drivers by Semper Fi
Is tehre somewhere that I can get drivers for firewire support? I see some post are saying that their firewire is working, albeit slow or hanging, but others i have seen say that Vista does not support firewire. I cant find anywhere to get drivers for firewire. any help would be appreciated.
February 11th 07 09:21 PM
by Mirko Go to last post
1 148
Office 2007 & Vista Home by miketbowls
Hi, I'm unable to load Office Home and Student 2007. I have just installed Vista Home Premium. When I install the disc my computer crashes stating ' a problem has occured etc....' I have left the disc in at start up and trid to access it through 'my computer' but the computer just crashes. Any ideas please. Kind regards, Mike
February 11th 07 10:13 PM
by miketbowls Go to last post
4 225
Problem opening Data CDs on CD Rom and DVDRW drives by Eckie
Since installing Windows Vista Home basic, I cannot open Data CDs or install programmes from CD. I can burn and play music CDs with no problem. My drives a JLMS XJ-HD166S & LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-411S. I have looked for update drivers - none available. According to Device Manager the devices are working properly. Also I used the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor before buying Vista and it showed...
February 11th 07 10:29 PM
by Steve Go to last post
2 175
Nvidia Drivers Geforce 6600GT no full screen display support by molitar
Ok anyone know of a driver out there besides the 100.xx beta drivers? Neither of the two beta drivers for Nvidia will enable Secondary Full Screen Video... So I currently can't watch my shows on my Tv :( Marvin
February 11th 07 11:40 PM
by JW Go to last post
6 298
BALLMER IS A JEWISH PIG by Christian
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 12th 07 12:12 AM
by Rock Go to last post
10 290
USB IR reciever doesnt work after standby by Lithium
After my Vista PC comes out of standby mode, the USB IR reciever for my microsoft IR keyboard and mce remote dies. I have to physically unplug and plug it back it for it to work again. Any ideas? Ryan
February 12th 07 03:12 AM
by Mike Luo [MSFT] Go to last post
4 189
ATI 350/500 and Vista Home Premium by [email protected]
Hello to all. I am one of the lunatics that has gone ahead and installed Vista Home Premium on my PC. One of the issues I have faced - one of the few issues - is that the TV tuner on my ATI 350/500 Video card is not recognized by Vista. I have installed the latest drivers from ATI (1/29/07) with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas? Is anyone else battling this problem?
February 12th 07 03:38 AM
by JW Go to last post
1 143
Inform your Customers by Display, Video Card, Movie Maker
I just upgraded my Laptop to Windows Vista Home Premium, primarly for the Movie Making enhancements in the Vista Version. After installing Vista, and trying load the Movie Maker, I was informed that my video card does not support it. This is very upsetting as the Windows Vista Upgrade advisor indicated that my Laptop was the 'IDEAL' machine for Windows Vista. After doing extensive...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 12th 07 04:39 AM
by Teeravee Sirinapasawasdee Go to last post
15 298
Advisory Tool is a Joke!!!! by Scott Micale
Ok so I wanted to install Vista on my home PC so I ran the Advisory tool and it says I should load Home Premium. It scans my system and says my computer will run Vista, but list a few devices that will need to be taken care of. It says I will need to install a CD/DVD burner because my CD rom won't work after the install. Not sure why it is saying that because I have a DVD-Rom in my system now...
February 12th 07 06:20 AM
by Ken Zhao [MSFT] Go to last post
2 132
ReadyBoost won't work on 2GB Cruzer Micro by Snoz
I just bought the 2GB SanDisk Cruzer Mirco with the intent to use the windows readyboost feature when I plug the device in and I click on the readyboost section of the autoplay and it goes to the ReadyBoost Tab it says that it doesnt have the required performance characteristics for use in speeding up your system. Is there something wrong with my USB drive because the guy at bestbuy said it...
February 12th 07 08:02 AM
by Roy Coorne Go to last post

From The