Optical drives with Vista by SDR
Everything was running great on as Asus P5B Deluxe / E6600 with Vista Home Premium when my Plextor PX-755SA DVD burner stopped working. Pulled it out and replaced it with an older IDE Plextor CD burner and the same thing. Tried an other IDE DVD drive and still no go. So appartantly the SATA Plextor isn't the problem, it must be the Asus motherboard or some Vista drivers. Anybody shed some...
February 6th 07 05:14 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
5 191
Full Reviews: All Popular iPod Tools Review and Download by sdfdf6534
The following is the full reviews of currently popular smart and useful tools for all iPod models including iPod Touch, iPod Touch 2, iPod Nano 5, iPod Nano 4, iPod Classic and so on. 1: ( http://www.dvd-video-tool.com/download/dvd2ipod_r483120.exe )DVD to iPod Converter – Put any DVD on your iPod and watch it on your...
March 25th 10 01:04 AM
by sdfdf6534 Go to last post
0 328
Problems by sdamos
My CD and DVD drivers are not working please help me in fixing the problems. -- Be Blessed!!!
October 19th 07 09:24 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 100
DVD/CD-ROM code10 by SD DeWitt[_2_]
I have removed iTunes but still can not get my DVD/CD-ROM to work. Still getting code10.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 10th 08 03:06 PM
by SD DeWitt[_2_] Go to last post
10 296
cnaon laser printer driver nightmare by scul
LBP-1210 doesnt work - job spools but nothing happens tried the printer with LPT1 as well as usb pretty sure its got to do with DEP cant find the executable in the dep dialogue area have installed the canon vista driver canon wont help there are few results in google re this machine and i think it is a canon flash in the pan release from around 4 years ago any ideas?
July 31st 07 10:15 PM
by scul Go to last post
0 95
New hard drive not showing up!!! by scubafanatic
I recently bought an extra internal hard drive for my computer - which runs windows vista. I installed it and put the power cable and SATA cable in and it shows up in Device Manager. But it doesn't show up in my computer as an additional hard drive. I believe I have to format it or something. How do I do that? --...
September 16th 08 11:38 PM
by JerryM Go to last post
3 254
Formating my XP drives by scsa20
Other then taking the drives out of my computer and plugging it into my laptop through USB, is there a way I could format my XP drives (1 of which is set to active (got damn it!!) and vista doesn't even want to touch it because of that). This is the current information on my drives: Disk 0 - Windows XP x64 (D:) - 74.53 GB NTFS - Healthy (System, Active, Primary Partition) Disk 1 - Windows...
April 9th 07 03:06 PM
by scsa20 Go to last post
6 127
Palm Treo 700w & Vista Ultimate Mobile Device Center by scsa20
Hello everyone, I just installed Vista Ultimate last night (yes, I got the launch released when I was on my way home after work). Now this is where I'm confused because it sees I have a windows mobile device hooked to my computer but it won't sync my contacts or anything, is that because I don't have Microsoft Outlook installed? Thanks for any answers.
February 2nd 07 05:01 PM
by scsa20 Go to last post
6 139
Internal Hard Drives....... by Scruffyy
Hello All, I have an ASUS p5n-32 SLI mother board and 2 x ASUS 7800GT Video cards. I have 2 gig of ram and 3 SATA 16mb internal hard drives 2 x 320 gig and 1 x 240 gig. I have formated one of the 320 gig hard drives just to install Vista on it and it has all gone fine. Set up without any hitches, the remaining two hard drives had XP Pro on it. I do not want to loose any data on the two hard...
February 4th 07 07:00 PM
by Ron Miller Go to last post
2 264
Sun Ultra 20 Audio Controller by Scrtcwlvl
When I installed Vista Ultimate onto my Sun Ultra 20 Workstation it did not have drivers for my audio controller (The default one on an Ultra 20 Workstation) nor could it find them. I went onto sun.com and searched for the ultra 20 drivers, I downloaded "Sun Ultra 20 M2 Workstation Tools & Drivers CD 1.6A" Containing "Sun Ultra 20 M2 Workstation Tools & Drivers CD 1.6A Image Contents: * Bios...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 25th 07 08:52 PM
by Scrtcwlvl Go to last post
11 164
Enable Advanced Performance for the Hard Drive by scrooge[_35_]
hello all after clicking on "Policies" and makeing sure the dot is in "Optimize for Performance", i put the check mark in "Enable write caching on the disk", and "Enable advanced performance" i click OK. but when i go back in again the check marks are removed? anyone no how i can fix this. i have 3 w/d harddrives 2 are raid thanks mike
March 25th 08 06:08 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 192
intel hd audio by scrooge
I've a intel 8280 1GBM ICH7-M High definition Audio Controller but I don't have audio. The notebook I have is a HP Compaq nx9420
September 18th 06 08:37 PM
by scrooge Go to last post
0 172
Connecting 2 monitors / More info enclosed by screst
Hello, I just upgraded from windows XP to Vista Ultimate. I am having a very hard time connecting a second monitor/TV to work together, "mirror" When I connect my TV, using a video component cable, it does recognize it, but I can only use one or the other. I need help to "mirror" them both. This worked perfectly with my XP Windows, but not with Vista when I upgraded. My computer is HP...
April 15th 07 09:04 PM
by screst Go to last post
0 152
connecting a second monitor by screst
Hello, I just upgraded from windows XP to Vista Ultimate. I am having a very hard time connecting a second monitor/TV to work together, "mirror" When I connect my TV, using a video component cable, it does recognize it, but I can only use one or the other. I need help to "mirror" them both. Thanks
April 15th 07 08:51 PM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
1 139
What is a hard drive RAID configuration by scousa4lyf
i have been thinking of upgrading my system and i am going to get a new MOBO and other internal hardware.. i have heard about RAID configuration and i was wondering if someone could explain to me the benefits and what hardware i need to get.. i am currently using a 500GB ATA.... i do understand that i would have to reinstall vista when changing the motherboard... if someone could just explain...
February 7th 09 04:03 AM
by haunt Go to last post
9 225
bios problum with home premium 32bit by scoty1280
i have problem with my bios system when system using raid controllers it can not detect my harddisk when i change bios to ide controllers it detect the hard disk but after few days when i istall vista it works better suddnelly bios turn defult automatically to raid controllers and vista os is not boot it will stop when i change bios then it start so i need help this to fix the problem with raid...
February 17th 09 09:58 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 243
Nasty problem with nVidia onboard NICs in Vista x64 by Scott[_9_]
Hi all. For 9 months at least I've been happily running Vista x64 on an ASUS P5N32-E SLI motherboard with nVidia nForce 680i SLI chipset, with dual onboard NICs. I keep current with the MS patches (Vista is currently SP1). Following a reboot, and I believe some auto-installed MS patches, my NICs have stopped working. After the reboot, what appears to have happened is Vista has installed two...
November 28th 08 09:59 PM
by Jack \(MVP-Networking\). Go to last post
3 273
Microphone muting in Vista by Scotty B
I seem to be having a problem muting my microphone. I have it plugged into the normal mic jack, but when I open my volume mixer, where I expected the microphone to show up, it was not there to allow me to mute it. I do not want to have to unplug it every time since the jack is in the back of my unit.
April 25th 07 10:22 PM
by jackie Go to last post
2 137
Printer won't install...HELP! by Scotty
Hey folk...computer dummy here. I just bought a new PC with Vista Home Premium and have been regretting it ever since. I love the new look, but it has been a nightmare to get it set up and running properly. I cannot seem to get my printer to install. (Brother MFc210C) I've tried to install the driver form Brother that was compatible with Vista, but it won't recognise the printer during the...
November 5th 07 12:00 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
3 138
USB ports stopped working after Windows updates by SCOTTS
After installing 2 updates the USB ports on my docking station stopped working (they still work on the PC). The updates we 1) Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB960353) and 2) Cypress - Other hardware - HX2LP kit (3.03.0000.2). I have tried system restore but it failed - said it didn't restore. (this always happens - any idea why?) The Cypress update does not show up on Programs &...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 9th 09 09:09 PM
by Dinosaur[_2_] Go to last post
15 1,028