Driver problem by Coach Jon
I've been having some issues with what I think is my driver. The info from the driver is: Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\raspptp.sys (6.0.6001.18000, 61.50 KB (62,976 bytes), 5/9/2009 5:41 PM) I experience significant lag spikes while playing any online games or streaming any media via the internet. I'll be fine for a few minutes, then lag or significantly buffer for a few, then back to...
November 15th 09 11:57 AM
by Coach Jon Go to last post
0 77
Driver problem by Coach Jon
I've been having some issues with what I think is my driver. The info from the driver is: Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\raspptp.sys (6.0.6001.18000, 61.50 KB (62,976 bytes), 5/9/2009 5:41 PM) I experience significant lag spikes while playing any online games or streaming any media via the internet. I'll be fine for a few minutes, then lag or significantly buffer for a few, then back to...
November 15th 09 08:34 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
6 135
CD will not Eject from Drive by coachroark
Have CD in Drive. When I right click on the DVD Drive I get "An error occured while ejecting 'DVD RW Drive (E)'. Any Suggestions? -- coachroark ------------------------------------------------------------------------ coachroark's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/220014.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hardware-devices/1336916.htm
May 14th 10 09:55 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 255
RC2 hangs with Silicon Image SiI 0680 Ultra-133 Medley ATA Raid by Coakeyoakey
My company is testing Windows Vista RC2 and we have Silicon Image SiI 0680 Ultra-133 Medley ATA Raid Controllers in our computers. The Windows Vista Upgrade advisor states that 'No Action is required' for my Raid Controller. I have tried the following and in both instances they hang the computers : (1) Install Vista RC2, Loading Raid Drivers before install. Vista Setup hangs at loading...
October 20th 06 12:39 PM
by chriske911 Go to last post
1 89
HIS X1650 Pro - Vista Ultimate - BSOD using DVI, VGA is fine by Coakeyoakey
I have two computer setup with the following : Computer 1 : OS : Vista Ultimate RTM Mobo : Asus P4s800 with all Bios Updates Graphics : HIS X1650 Pro (connected by VGA to Monitor) Monitor : Samsung 720N Latest HIS drivers 270207 work fine and Vista Boots and X1650 Radeon Displays in Device Manager.
February 28th 07 09:32 AM
by Coakeyoakey Go to last post
0 77
microsoft wireless lasor mouse 5000 by cock2 robin
Hi Members I have a problem with new lasor mouse. when installed cannot connect to internet unplug mouse then can connect. Installed latest driver for vista the same my old wireless mouse okay, can anyone help.Also i want to install a 500 gig hard drive instead of 120 gig with clean install useing vista upgrade premium academic useing backup will it still activate on new hd.robin
July 13th 07 03:40 PM
by freddy Go to last post
2 73
DVD Drive problem by Coco
Hi, first time on these boards. I've just upgraded to Vista and I'm having a problem where my nec dvd_rw nd-4551a drive will not recognise that there is a disc in it. If I start up with a disc in, it works but If I start with no disc in it doesn't. According to the system the drivers are up to date so I can't get my head around the problem. It was workin perfectly before the upgrade. I can...
March 18th 07 12:27 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 120
vista won't recognize hard drive in explorer but does in disk mgt by codemonkey
I recently installed vista ultimate 32bit on my hp d530 cmt. All looked good at first. I installed it on a new 250gb WD sata drive. I also have a sata dvd-rw which is all good but took up my last sata port (only 2). Now I put in a new IDE seagate drive 500gb. At first vista recognized it and then I plugged in an external drive and all hell broke loose. The external drive wouldn't...
January 19th 08 11:41 AM
by BirgerH Go to last post
3 88
Belkin USB PCI F5U220 by CodyDawg
Has anyone been able to get the Belkin 5-port USB PCI card model F5U220 to work with Vista 32 bit? Belkin is totally clueless as usual.
September 29th 08 03:53 PM
by David Vair Go to last post
2 82
How much RAM should I havw by cogs06
I have recently installed Vista 64 bit. I am wondering how much RAM I should have without having RAM for the sake of it? The PC is not used for extreme gaming, video editing etc, just the ususal that most home PCs do. My PC.s specs a Intel BLKDP965ATCK (800MHz limit) MoBo Intel Pentium D processor
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 31st 09 05:30 AM
by Tae Song Go to last post
16 233
Authentec update causes Fingerprint reader to no longer work by coladan1
I need some help and hopefully can find it here. I have a Lenovo 300 N100 Notebook running OmniPass. On my last windows update, an update was installed to the Authentec Fingerprint device driver and now, the fingerprint reader does not work. I would like to get things up and running again, but do not know how. Can anyone come up with a way to get things working again. Thanks fo the...
December 14th 08 11:39 PM
by aussie_lonesQS89 Go to last post
7 212
Ghost images by colby7373
Hello i have a lcd monitor and i am getting ghost images and lines across my screen from any windows i have open. Any ideas?
August 5th 07 09:57 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
4 77
DVD drive not reading discs by coldcolours
My PC came with Vista preloaded, and for some reason my dvd drive stopped reading discs. It won't read music CDs, software, games, or burned data or music CDs - it simply gives me a prompt to please insert a disc into drive D:. I tried disabling and reenabling the drive, updating the drivers, nothing. I followed the instructions at: 'The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a...
November 13th 08 11:39 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 141
no sound under vista by Coldfeeted
Dear All, I have a sound problem since vista install. My soundcard: SB audigy SE Tried everything, remove device (physically also...), uninstall, driver update, nothing helps. Device-manager shows its all right, but i cannot hear sound. With the other soundcard (abit-ic7 motherboard-integrated realtek) situation is the same.
January 23rd 08 02:49 AM
by Bob Knowlden Go to last post
1 111
Annoying sound Problem by coleman
hi there i have just installed vista great programme but as soon as i did all my sound died not even a crackle after looking for my drivers i gave up and brought a usb sound card. on audio set up screen it shows sound is being ouputted the green bars but nouthing through the speakers or the headphones i tried. i noticed i can adjust the line in and mic volume but not the speaker volume in...
March 11th 08 08:23 PM
by coleman Go to last post
0 80
My PnP Monitor is seen as Non PnP??? by Colin
ok, i'm having resolution problems, completely out of the blue after i installed a hotfix for the Crysis singleplayer demo(it asked me to after installation). my standard res is 1440x900, but now for some reason it's telling me that it'll go as far as 1600x1200(something i've never come across before and i was intrigued) i've tried an ulimited amount of things including flashing my cmos to...
November 29th 07 06:01 PM
by Larry Hunter Go to last post
1 58
Problem with Driver! by Colin Albutt
I own a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3405 laptop and have recently upgraded to Windows Vista Home Premium. When doing so it has disabled the wireless feature on my laptop (I cannot turn it it on or off) which is a pain the be-hind! Anyone got any suggestions?
April 26th 07 09:42 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 93
ReadyBoost crap shoot by Colin Barnhorst
Just sharing an experience. These ReadyBoost usb thumb drives seem to be a real hit and miss thing. I just bought a Patriot 16GB Xporter XTBoost usb thumb drive. I tried it on one computer running Vista Ultimate x64 and the machine just kept trying to find a driver for it but never succeeded in mounting it. I tried it on another computer running VU x86 and it came right up and let me...
January 25th 08 06:02 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 102
Older cable modems may need replacement by Colin Barnhorst
After putting up with frequent dropped connections and in particular issues with Win Mail newsgroup servers (timeouts, TCP/IP issues, etc), I assessed my hardware and realized that my cable modem was almost five years old. Simply replacing it with a new Motorola SB5101 completely solved this host of connectivity issues with the internet and my home network. I had been chasing my tail with...
January 21st 07 04:40 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
8 93
Does Kolibrie Software have a boot manager that can hide Vista from XP? by Colin Barnhorst[_2_]
I am picking up a conversation that has been developing in a thread on another topic because I think it is signifacant and should get its own thread. Jawade of Kolibrie Software has been saying that his boot manager can effectively prevent XP volsnap.sys from erasing Vista's shadowcopies in a multiboot scenario. He has been trying a few things to verify this and hopefully he will join this...
January 25th 08 07:52 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post

From The