Missing space on HD; adding new HD by Pekka Numminen
"My Computer" says that I have two hard drive partitions: System with a total size of 92.6 GB and Data with a total size of 44.3 GB. But the hard drive is of 160 GB. Where is the 23.1 GB? Is there a reason other than that the computer manufacturer left the space empty? Not related: After adding a new hard drive, should Vista automatically recognize a fairly new Western Digital HD after booting?...
October 9th 08 09:58 PM
by PaulB Go to last post
2 232
How delete 'Read Only' files from CD-RW's by Imageman[_2_]
Vista 64bit / XP Professional SP3 I don't remember this being a problem in the past, but at the moment I can't change the attributes of, or get rid of 'Read Only' files on my CD-RW's. I haven't succeeded deleting, erasing or formatting with Vista or XP OS, or with Nero. Is there a way, or a utility to do this? Thanks for your help, IM
October 9th 08 04:54 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 248
Trouble printing some files to a network printer... by suzena70
Has anyone else had this experience? I have some files, (some pdf, some dwg, and there are a couple other programs) that I am unable to print to a network printer. I can print other things to this printer so it isn't the connection. I get no error message, it looks like it should be printing. I had someone else try from another computer (not running Vista) and they can print no problem. Any...
October 9th 08 01:38 PM
by suzena70 Go to last post
0 231
Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown by rowanrg
Update your video card. Thats the problem -- rowanrg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rowanrg's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/rowanrg.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hardware-devices/1039913.htm http://forums.techarena.in
October 9th 08 12:29 PM
by CajunBadger Go to last post
1 231
Can Vista Support 3 TV Tuners? by CrazySaguaro
I currently have two analog Hauppauge PVR-150s (on one PCI card) in my system for analog cable, but I want to purchase a HVR-1600 to control my HD QAM cable box (Cox Cable) to watch/record HD content. Is this possible in Windows Vista Media Center? I have found some sources that say Windows Vista Media Center will only recognize two tuners total. If Media Center only recognizes two...
October 8th 08 08:49 PM
by trouble Go to last post
2 232
connecting Laptop to a tv by Eck0
hey there, i just recieved a new tv and i was trying to run my hp laptop, with a 7200 geforce go card (vista home prem 32bit) into the tv, using the S-video port on the left side of my laptop, when i use the windows mobility center, and click the "connect display" button, it doesnt seem to want to detect the tv as a display.. ne recommendations? :D thanks! -- Eck0
October 8th 08 07:46 PM
by Fexter Go to last post
1 152
experiment USB Flashdrive connected to motherboard internal usb in by GT
Ok I did some experimenting today I hack a usb extension wire so i can connect a flashdrive to the internal usb input located on the motherboard basically My motherboard have a usb 1 and usb 2 input to plug in devices like a card reader..etc. Well I hack a usb extension wire so i can connect a flashdrive to the internal usb 2 input located in the motherboard basically I want the usb...
October 8th 08 09:54 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 195
USB Mass Storage device can't work under Vista. by Neptune
I have a low speed USB device controller and a MCU. I write a program on MCU to implement a mass storage device. The windows XP and windows 2000 can recognize my USB mass storage device. But Vista can't. So what's the problem with Vista? I capture the USB packets and events and find that after the "Set Configuration" Vista disconnected my USB device. But under windows XP,after "Set...
October 8th 08 05:36 AM
by Neptune Go to last post
0 178
TV Tuner card by JBrown
My system is an HP Media Center.It has Vista home premium . Would like to add a TV Tuner PCIe card to it. I am looking mainly for analog and digital. If it has HD that would be OK. I do not want to spend alot of money on it. Less than $100. Any suggestions would be appreciated. --
October 7th 08 03:09 PM
by Gerald Abrahamson Go to last post
3 228
Hardware by melvin2008[_6_]
Hardware historically meant the metal parts and fittings were used to make wooden products stronger, more functional, longer lasting and easier to fabricate or assemble. In modern usage equipment such as keys, locks, hinges, latches, corners, handles, wire, chains, plumbing supplies, tools, utensils, cutlery and machine parts, they are made...
October 7th 08 02:49 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
2 240
How to disable ALPS touchpad on new PC, old methods don't work. by mevande
Hello, I have an new Acer Laptop with Vista Home premium. It has an ALPS touchpad. I want to disable the touchpad (and enable it w/ USB mouse on rare occasions where I might use the touchpad). I went to the control panel and mouse properties and there is no way to disable it there. I also went to the device driver area and the disable device was greyed out. How do I disable this touchpad?
October 7th 08 02:22 PM
by MarkyMarkD Go to last post
7 308
Samsung Omnia i900 16gb========$250usd by eledealer001
Samsung Omnia i900 16gb========$250usd Detailed Specifications: Specifications Modes HSDPA 2100mhz, GSM 850 / 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900 Weight 127 g Dimensions 112 x 56.9 x 12.5 mm Form Factor Candy Bar Internal Antenna Battery Life Talk: 6 hours (360 minutes) Standby: 500 hours (20 days)
October 7th 08 11:23 AM
by eledealer001 Go to last post
0 164
no enable sli option in vista 64 by litton01
ive searched for days for a resolution to this problem but cant find one anywhere. im running vista 64 home basic and there is no enable sli option in the control panel anywhere even after ive installed every update i can find for vista and the gfx cards. thanks in advance Vista Home Basic x64
October 7th 08 10:13 AM
by Mr GRiM Go to last post
3 199
Memory question. by Charles Shapiro
I have an Asus Striker II NSE motherboard running a Quad Core Q9450 processor. I put 4gig Kingston DDR3 1066 in it and had no issues with it. I installed 2 DDR 3 1300Mhz 1 gig modules and it says they are running @ 1300 MHZ. I purchased 4-GIG (2 2-gig)Corsair 1600 Mhz modules and it shows them running at 1067Mhz. Now I know it won't go any faster than the CPU speed ( 1300 Mhz in this...
October 7th 08 02:12 AM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
1 205
Partitioned hdd not fully seen under vista HP by Riccardo L.
I am puzzled by the following behavior: a sata HDD (160 GB) has 4 partitions; they are all well seen under XP but when I mount the hdd with a sata/USB converter (which works for sure, with other drives) and connect to my laptop using Vista HP it shows the 3rd partition as not formatted space. Just by accident I found out that under XP all my data are in place and not lost as I feared, so I...
October 7th 08 01:57 AM
by Riccardo L. Go to last post
0 207
no bootable disks after restart - BIOHD-3 error by ann_mac
was trying to copy data from a dvd to external usb when pc hung - i tried to cancel the copy but it was unresponsive - i removed the disc and it displayed an error saying no cd in drive so tried to cancel again but nothing so i selected restart from menu - error was still on screen when it shut down and external drive was still atached - pc tried to start up but display dropped back to a flashing...
October 6th 08 10:05 PM
by ann_mac Go to last post
7 361
Card Reader won't read 2Gb SD card by [email protected]
I have a 6 in 1 card reader that has the 969mb memory problem with recognizing 2mb sd cards--mine is a Patriot brand card. I can boot into Windows 2000. It recognizes the card perfectly. Seems to be a Vista bug for sure.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 6th 08 10:01 PM
by Philip Dawson Go to last post
14 396
Freecom external USB hard drive wont show up in Vista Explorer or by Connie
Freecom external USB hard drive wont show up in Vista x64 Explorer or in Vista x64 Disk Managment at all, with latest uppdate ! I have two external USB hard drives from Freecom. One is a Freecom classice external USB hard on 160GB. The other is a Freecom external USB hard on 400GB They both are decting,showing up and have worked fine in WinXP pro 32bit with the latest windows update and has...
October 6th 08 04:57 PM
by Connie Go to last post
1 284
System Hang by Tommy
I just upgraded almost everything in my PC and every since I did my system will hang for no particular reason, or time period. I will post my specs and hope someone may have an answer. Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit Intel Pentium D 3.2 Dual Core cpu Nvidia Nforce 790I Ultra SLI motherboard EVGA Geforce 9800 GX2 Video Creative X-FI Xtreme Fatality Sound 4 GB (2x2048) OCZ 1800 mhz DDr3 memory
October 6th 08 03:54 PM
by xeon1203 Go to last post
4 285
Intellipoint Laptop Optical Mouse 4000 does not awake by genie56
The optical mouse does not work upon a wakeup from "sleep" or from screen saver modes. Reset button onmouse does not solve problem. Unpluging and repluging the USB port does not solve the problem. Opening the pointing device properties sometimes works. I have installed the lates tdriver for 6.30 (driver is listed under device manager as 6.30.189.0).
October 6th 08 02:56 PM
by genie56 Go to last post

From The