PCTV Hybrid Tunner Kit for Windows Vista by Alex
Hello everybody, I have "Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 x64" and I want to use my "Windows Media Center" with this KIT from Pinnacle. This is the link: http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Vista+Companion/PCTV+Hybrid+Tuner+Kit.htm I want to know if someone used it and what is his / her opinion about this product. Thank You.
October 6th 08 11:00 AM
by Alex Go to last post
1 259
Va11a X10 usb video driver. Interesting answer from the vendor. by jd
Still looking for the va11a driver from x10. I thought this was an interesting response from them. I didn't know that Windows vista was not yet 'trustworthy'. Copied from http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=11668.msg67139#msg67139 We do not expect to have VA11A drivers for Vista until May 1st at the very earliest. Remember, a Microsoft operating system is not really...
October 6th 08 04:07 AM
by "SP" Go to last post
2 258
ATIKMDAG.SYS by mehuh
So I downloaded the latest Intel Chipset software and extracted its contents. While digging through the folders, I found the INF file that correspond to my computer. When I opened them, I discovered that the release dates listed in the INF files correspond with the versions on my computer indicating that I already have the latest version dated January 30, 2008. So, it appears that although...
October 6th 08 04:01 AM
by mehuh Go to last post
2 188
Computer crashes with 4gb DDR3 RAM, but works with 2gb by santiago83
Here are my pc stats. Proc. C2Quad 9300, Mobo DX38BT, 4gb RAM dual channel (Kingston set of two 2gb strips, DDR3 1333), NVIDIA GeForce XFX 8800GT 512mb ddr3, HD SG 750gb, PSU Satellite 600w, Windows Vista Ultimate 32 (same problem happened under Win XP, and I´d be willing to move up to Vista Ultimate 64). Here´s the thing. When I turn on my pc with just ONE of the two memory strips (2gb),...
October 6th 08 02:20 AM
by Bob Knowlden[_2_] Go to last post
4 222
Natural wireless mouse 6000 trouble by Bub
Since installing the wireless natural 6000 mouse my screen saver doesn't come on regardless of how I set it and the computer never goes into a sleep mode. Using windows vista. Any fix??? Thanks
October 6th 08 01:02 AM
by PaulB Go to last post
2 226
Please tell me the next step if a thread has not answered the question? by Rob[_22_]
I have asked a question on this newsgroup and have received awesome responses but I have yet to get full resolution. I have however got much closer to a solution and I continued the original thread but because it appears to be read and received so many responses folks don't read it anymore, thus what I have accomplished is unknown to responders. I don't want to be unethical and rude on the...
October 6th 08 12:34 AM
by Rob[_22_] Go to last post
5 234
Finalize a CD? by Steve
I cannot find a button or menu item that finalizes a CD after burning files. All the CDs I burn still seem to be open (can add more files) but I want a CD that's locked, finished and frozen. "Close session" does not finalize (for me, anyway). Tried various formatting and "Mastered CD" options, but they don't do the job. I'm using Vista Home Premium. Please advise.
October 5th 08 10:11 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 263
WMC cannot detect IR Hardware by Jimmy Hsu
I have a TV Tuner card on my new HP Pavilion Elite m9398d Desktop PC. I'm trying to set up Vista's Windows Media Center to work with the HP Remote Control that came with the HP PC. WMC detected the TV signals from my Cable Set top Box with no problems. However, it kept insisting that the IR hardware is not detected. Hence, I've not been able to set up the HP Remote. Someone said...
October 5th 08 05:55 PM
by dpolara Go to last post
2 290
Problems with Ext HDD's by staceysimpson
Hi, My ext HDD's open up fine and I can open any and every file in them. My problem is that I can't move any files on the ext hdd's!!! It just hangs!! Can anybody give advise, pls??? :confused: Thanks, S --
October 5th 08 05:20 PM
by staceysimpson Go to last post
0 201
Have Quad-core Phenoms WinEXP Shows 1? by Korki Buchek
WinEXP shows single core Processor Thanks for any help. John 7049 +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Win Exp Score Detail.JPG | |Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7049 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
October 5th 08 12:54 AM
by Korki Buchek Go to last post
0 228
Error message about Bluetooth driver for Nokia N80 phone by livenlearn
The Nokia N80 phone has worked successfully with a Bluetooth connection for most of the time since I started using the Windows Vista computer 9 months ago. The phone is still working but a few days ago I started getting the following message whenever I restarted the computer (Dell laptop Inspiron 1720). "Found New Hardware Windows needs to install driver software for your Bluetooth...
October 5th 08 12:12 AM
by livenlearn Go to last post
0 180
Vista+USB Drive - Somewhat Unique Q by Gordie1973
I have a hard drive that was removed from a computer that I had a year ago. The drive was the primary drive in that computer and has XP operating system on it. I want to get some of the personal files and data that are on that drive and installed it in an external USB h/d enclosure. Upon plugging it in the computer found the USB device but then gave an error message stating that there was a...
October 4th 08 11:40 PM
by Gordie1973 Go to last post
3 347
Software request for tuning LCD monitor by Riccardo L.
The LCD monitor LG L1900 series has no buttons to tune it up, so one should use their software (Forte 2.80, vista compatible). Since in my case it is not compatible, in fact it crashes every time upon restart after installation, I know "microsoft" is investigating the problem (reported by sending dumps). However, is anyone of you aware of a workaround for this issue? I don't care about LG...
October 4th 08 09:33 PM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
1 194
Way to force monitor standby when resuming from sleep by Michele
I am experiencing an issue when i schedule a task that has the "Wake the computer to run this task" option checked. The computer wakes up as expected and the task runs but the monitor wakes up too showing only a black screen with the mouse pointer on it, and i don't want the monitor to wake up. My notebook has an Ati graphic card (X1600) that is connected to motherboard through pci express...
October 4th 08 05:42 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
1 236
error code 19 by Retnilps
could sombody please help me with this. It affects my dvd drive. Doesn't work (tried 2) I have downloaded Nero update, does this have anything to do with it. I can't get Nero running due to serial number confusion. I am a newbie on Vista Ultimate 32bit. Splinter -- Retnilps
October 4th 08 09:50 AM
by barman58 Go to last post
1 198
Vista won't recognize 2nd HDD by chris7519
I got a second HDD yesterday due to my old one running low on space. Both are hooked up via SATA, both Seagates, old one is 320GB and new one is 500GB. When I installed it, I was able to format and assign it a drive letter and copy files to it. When I turned the computer off and on, it was gone. My BIOS can read it, the device manager can see it, the Disk Management can see it, but every time I...
October 3rd 08 07:45 PM
by chris7519 Go to last post
0 268
SpeedTouch 330 USB ADSL Modem Driver by ibarelycantext
Hi Everyone, I've read the whole forum and tried to followed the instructions given especially that from Mr John MVP about the network card on My device manager not being recognise... When i go to device manager to check for the network card i dont see anything that says about a network card not being recognise, although I see a notice anout one unknown device whose driver is not installed, I...
October 3rd 08 03:21 PM
by Terry Bean Go to last post
3 280
This Program will not run error by jammmie999
Hi I am getting loads of errors saying "Not enough storage is avalable to compleate this operation." My sound is not working and loads of things (services mainly) are not working. I have 2 GB of ram and 20 GB of space on my hard drive. Thanks for your help in advance -- jammmie999
October 3rd 08 03:16 PM
by Terry Bean Go to last post
4 258
ATIKMDAG.SYS by mehuh
What do you mean by fully clean up? I always uninstall, reboot and then install the new ATI driver-only package. Do you do something else after uninstalling the ATI software? -- mehuh
October 3rd 08 02:13 AM
by chuckbam[_6_] Go to last post
1 269
ATIKMDAG.SYS by chuckbam[_6_]
Mehue, One last thing, try to clean up ad fully un-install the CCC installer before updating. good luck -- chuckbam *q6600 slacr quad cpu at 3.36 ghz/ fsb 1680 mhz ~ asus p5b deluxe ~
October 3rd 08 02:01 AM
by chuckbam[_6_] Go to last post

From The