Tecra M4 Screen Rotation. by Scott
Anyone know how to get the automatic screen rotation to work on a Toshiba Tecra M4? I've tried the latest video drivers, and I've tried Toshiba's beta software. I'm using Vista RTM. Thanks.
January 12th 07 03:03 PM
by Theo Go to last post
1 200
USB flash drive driver by Scott
I am using Vista Home Premium and use USB flash drive quite often. From time to time, when I insert the drive, the system asks for driver. As far as I have learnt, from Windows 2000 onwards, USB flash drive is a standard and does not require any driver. The problematic drives include PQI 2GB one. Can someone explain why it happens and if the issue comes from flash drive or...
October 10th 07 11:01 PM
by Farhan Ahmed [MSFT] Go to last post
1 106
USB 2.0 flash drive by Scott
I just purchased a new PQI USB 2.0 flash drive and inserted into the USB port of my HP Pavilion PC running on Vista Home Premium. The system cannot reconise it and asks for driver. The drive states Windows Vista compatible. I insert it to other XP pcs and Vista pc and all work correctly without any need of driver. With other USB 2.0 flash drives, they work correctly. It seems to me the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 23rd 07 08:06 AM
by Scott Go to last post
14 197
no ide ata atapi in device manager by Scott
On an HP m8120n, I had HP replace the DVD drive that came installed (didn't do DVD-DL). New DVD drive worked fine for 2 months, watching movies, burning CD's and DVD's, but now can't watch commercial (legit bought or rented) DVD's. Quick search of these forums I found this link - http://www.remoteselector.com/driveinfo.htm - which I d/led and ran. It stated there might be a problem with the...
March 5th 08 10:17 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
5 172
PCI & PCI-e x1 by Scott
I recently purchased a TV card with PCI-e ax interface. The pin number is very small. Opening my desktop pc and found no PAC-e ax slot. The only available slot is PCI although there is PCI-e x16 slot that occupied by video card. Is there any way to use the TV card for this pc? Thanks, Scott
February 15th 09 02:16 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 150
4 GB SD card by Scott
I am using a SanDisk 4 GB SD card on my computer correctly. Recently I bought another Lexar 4 GB SD card and my pc cannot recognize it. Any idea of the cause and fixes? Thanks Scott
February 18th 09 07:24 PM
by spamme0[_2_] Go to last post
6 240
32 GB flash drive by Scott
I just bought a 32 GB flash drive that works on my laptop (Windows XP Pro) successfully while it was not recognized on my desktop pc (Vista Home Preminum). Can someone advise any possible causes and fixes. Thanks, Scott
April 5th 09 03:18 PM
by Scott Go to last post
0 256
Copy an ide hard disk by Scott
I have a desktop pc that is using sata hard disks. I would like to copy an ide hard disk to a larger one using the desktop pc. Is there any idea to accomplish it? Thanks, Scott
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 28th 09 01:47 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
14 556
DVI to mini displayport by Scott
I have a HP desktop pc with video output on DVI connector and would like to connect it to my iMac all-in-one pc that used as a monitor. The video in connector is mini displayport. Can someone advise me the possible solution to it. Thanks, Scott
January 4th 10 04:21 PM
by mkhain Go to last post
2 244
MS LifeCam VX-3000 by Scott
I just purchased it and installed on my Vista pc without sccess. The Lifecam is marked Works with Windows Vista. The accompanying LifeCam 1.1 does not work on Windows Vista according to the system. I downloaded LifeCam 1.3 from Microsoft website and installed the software successfully. However, at the last step, I was asked to plug in the webcam and I did it. The system could not install...
June 23rd 07 04:23 PM
by Scott Go to last post
0 141
USB port by Scott
I installed a scanner on a USB port successfully. However once I inserted the scanner to another USB port, the computer changed the installed scanner to a new name with suffix of #2, #3 ... etc. and did not work on that port. The USB port is working correctly with other device. It seems the computer remembers the USB port that originally installed with the scanner. Can someone advise me...
June 19th 07 03:34 AM
by Scott Go to last post
0 207
Sound problems with the line in for vista (sigmatel) by Scott
I recently upgraded to Windows vista. After doing so, my line in for my sound is no longer working! my volume mixer doesnt show anything as if its muted, its not even there. When I right click, and select playback, it only shows speakers / headphones, checked as if working properly, no line in is visible. When select the recording tab, it shows my microphone as working, and checked. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 1st 09 07:01 AM
by djc200 Go to last post
28 1,059
IntelliType, IntelliPoint software won't install or uninstall by Scott
I have a customer that upgraded from XP Home to Vista Home Premium. He did not uninstall the intellitype 2.2 or Intellipoint 4.1 software first. Now when I try to uninstall either using add remove programs I get the error "This version of IntelliPoint (or IntelliType) software preceded the release of the operating system you are running....." and the uninstall fails. I have followed all...
September 9th 08 03:50 PM
by mxwebb[_2_] Go to last post
4 215
USB device by Scott
When my pc is inserted with a USB flash drive, the pc does not boot up and stuck unless I change the boot sequence from USB device-DVD drive-hard disk to DVD drive-Hard disk-USB device. What does the system look for as the USB flash drive is not a bootable one? In general, it should skip to DVD drive and skip to hard disk if there is no bootable disk in DVD drive. Is it a hardware...
May 15th 07 12:31 AM
by Don Go to last post
1 126
Drivers requiring permission to load on every boot. by Scott
I have been waiting for the Vista drivers from USR for the 5699B modem. They were released last week. I have installed them on three customer’s machines and every time the computer boots up I receive the Open File Security Warning for USRLDR.exe and 3CMLINK.exe file. I uncheck the “Always ask before running files of this type” box yet the warning comes up on every reboot. ...
September 6th 07 10:39 PM
by forget.itnow Go to last post
9 112
All in Wonder X1900 by Scott
Has anyone found any third party Vista drivers for the All in Wonder series of video cards from ATI that will allow the TV and capture function to work? The Vista ready logo that they previously displayed on the product was only for the display function of the video card. None of the capture or tuner functions work. Speaking with ATI was an exercise in futility as they just kept sending...
May 30th 07 09:26 PM
by JW Go to last post
2 117
MS BT Wireless notebook presenter mouse 8000 by Scott
Can someone advise me if the accompanying USB BT receiver provides audio headset profile so I can connect stereo audio headset in addition to mouse. Thanks, Scott
June 2nd 07 04:18 PM
by Scott Go to last post
0 119
Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba v5.10.04 by Scott
I just bought a USB 2.0 BT dongle that comes with captioned stack. Can someone advise me where can I find the user guide for using it. Thanks, Scott
June 10th 07 03:29 AM
by Scott Go to last post
2 200
Windows Switcher by Scott
I just got vista and i was looking around at all the different new devices. I really like the windows switcher, but somehow it changed the interface from allowing me to see all the different windows to bringing up a little box in the screen with the different icons. Is there a way i can change it back to the full out window switching default or what?
April 3rd 09 01:30 AM
by mickcryer1953 Go to last post
7 185
DVI to mini displayport by Scott
I have a HP desktop pc with video output on DVI connector and would like to connect it to my iMac all-in-one pc that used as a monitor. The video in connector is mini displayport. Can someone advise me the possible solution to it. Thanks, Scott
January 3rd 10 06:41 AM
by Scott Go to last post

From The