CD/DVD failure by Aodhan
The moment AFTER I installed Vista, my cd/dvd player stopped working properly. The tray won't open and close. When I open it manually and insert a disc, Vista will not read it? Does anyone have a fix for this??? Thanks in advance.
February 13th 07 02:10 AM
by macker33 Go to last post
4 188
Usb flash drive removal by Ian
When I safely remove my USB flash drive, the light does not go out. If I remove the drive with the light on - the drive needs to be checked when inserted next I have to go into Device Manager and reset the root of the hub. It still takes a minute for the light to go off. It works fine if I wait for the light to go off. Is there a patch or KB update to fix this?
February 13th 07 02:15 AM
by Ian Go to last post
2 164
Laptop display by Mary Mc
I love it (Vista) so far, but, I have one little problem. I do believe it has to do with power. The computer I have Vista RC1 is a laptop, and on initial boot my screen will nearly go white, then it recovers, and anytime I try to run on battery I have the same issue. As long as it remains plugged in to AC power, no problems. Would this issue possibly be "fixed" with installation of the Final...
February 13th 07 03:24 AM
by Mary Mc Go to last post
2 176
ATI Mobility 9000 IGP Driver for Notebook by Chris Werner
Where can I locate this driver? Chris
February 13th 07 06:25 AM
by Chris Werner Go to last post
0 197
Speakers not working after clean Vista RC1 installation by kat
I installed Vista after using the utilities on the disk (RC1, a bit behind, I know..) to format and repartition. With XPpro, the sound worked fine. Now, neither the system speaker on my Vaio laptop nor my attached speakers work. I'm a pretty knowledgeable computer user, so please don't advise me to check the cords or something of that sort :) Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
February 13th 07 07:26 AM
by Rock Go to last post
2 194
Pls Help - Fujitsu ST4110 with Vista - Video Playback problem on W by egtan
Dear all, I just spent the whole weekend installing (4 times) Windows Vista Home Premium on my Fujitsu Stylistic ST4110. Straight out of the installation, the native video drivers had this problem: - Playback of any video MPG or WMV was choppy and jerky on WMP11 but Audio was smooth. - Screen cannot Rotate.
February 13th 07 07:40 AM
by egtan Go to last post
0 197
Vista and the 2nd monitor... by PJ''''s Media Services
I have just upgraded to WV Home Premium. Most of the bugs have been sorted out, but an unusual one has popped up. I have a second VGA monitor attached to the laptop, and most of the time it acts just as that (I've already upgraded the ATI drivers for Vista). What will happen is that if I put the computer to sleep and close the lid, when I wake it back up it will revert to the 2nd monitor...
February 13th 07 07:46 AM
by Marc Antheunis Go to last post
1 179
Microphone on mute by Needin help in Bangkok
I have bought 2 computers of the same specs. loaded vista on one and XP on the other. I am not able to set up my microphone properly on Vista. Playback is fine but recording has some problem. From my experience usingXP i know that by default the microphone is on mute and using the volume tab and advance options in XP i can unmute it, but Vista is completely different. Vista doesnt have the...
February 13th 07 08:31 AM
by Needin help in Bangkok Go to last post
2 191
Logitech® QuickCam® for Notebooks Pro by Alan L
Has anyone found a work round to the absence of drivers or support from either Vista or Logitech which would enable my web cam to work on my laptop? Hope someone can help.
February 13th 07 09:13 AM
by Alan L Go to last post
3 217
Vista bootmanager versus my LCD monitor by Don
I just installed Vista, and I ran into only one problem: The menu presented by the bootmanager causes my LCD monitor to blank itself because the vertical scan rate of 87hz (or maybe the horiz scan of 35.5khz) is out of range. Once I'm past the boot menu everything works great. If I connect my dusty old CRT monitor I can see the boot menu just fine, but the LCD monitor pukes.
February 13th 07 10:15 AM
by CyberMan_(MCDST!) Go to last post
1 210
dvd drive does not work in vista, code 39, drivers missing by melpotter
i have installed vista business and have found that i do not have a cdrom/dvd/burner drive. it says that i have corrupt drivers, yet i cannot install new ones from dell.
February 13th 07 12:08 PM
by Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User Go to last post
1 171
new update by Mark Maylon
just FYI there are new updates on microsoft update
February 13th 07 01:00 PM
by Harry Go to last post
1 184
Vista’s blue screen error at shutdown. by Anthony
After installing vista home premium ver. I get a blue screen error at shut down. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. And this message. ***STOP 0X0000000A (0X000000B0,0X00000002,0X00000000,0X81C11BAF) I contacted the guys at microsoft and they don’t know why it is doing this. Please help, I have tried everything short of calling the geek squad. Thanks.
February 13th 07 01:10 PM
by pvdg42 Go to last post
1 167
DVD WRITING AND READING by KASHEF
HI I HAVE (SAMSUNG WRITE MASTER DVD WRITER), IT CANNOT READ ANY DVD OR CD IN VISTA. MY ALL DVD,S AND CD,S WORKING FINE IN XP BUT WHEN I INSERT IN WINDOWS VISTA, IT CANNOT READ ALL OF MY CD AND DVD,S. SO WHAT CAN I DO TO SOLVE THIS?
February 13th 07 01:40 PM
by Kevin Potts Go to last post
1 162
new update for razor mouse by Mark Maylon
i got a vista update for usb razor copperhead mouse today heads up .
February 13th 07 04:36 PM
by Mark Maylon Go to last post
0 149
Display driver problem by Mikey
Hi Guys im using a Nvidia FX5600XT using the Microsoft Corp WDDM driver and every now and then the screen goes blank and comes back on and says "Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding but recovered" there isnt any other driver i can use so how do i stop this without buying a new card
February 13th 07 04:54 PM
by Mikey Go to last post
0 143
HP Photosmart C3100 series printer knocks off the internet connect by Abid Chugthai
I bought a brand new HP pc and HP photosmart C3100 series printer one week ago and I am using the USB port on the from for a linsys wireless-G connection. The problem is that when I turn the printer on, it knocks off the internet connection. It seems that Vista does not like the USB port connections. Please help.
February 13th 07 05:49 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
1 176
NVidia 7600 Card and 1440 x 900 resolution using DVI by Jo
Using the latest nvidia drivers for vista, there is still no 1440 x 900 resolution on my monitor unless I go to the VGA hookup. This has been a problem for months and NVidia seems not to want to solve it. Has anyone achieved the correct resolution using a DVI hookup and a 1440 X 900 widescreen panel. Mine is a Gateway FPD1975W monitor.
February 13th 07 05:51 PM
by Jo Go to last post
4 198
How do I wake up my black screen? by chndny
I have the ATI Radeon X1950 graph card in my computer. In Vista ,when I turn on the monitor later then computer, or after turn off my monitor(LCD TV)for a while, I get black screen usually. The only choice is restart the computer. How can I wake it up?
February 13th 07 06:37 PM
by ks Go to last post
6 217
1 click dvd pro by cownie
when i load this in vista it says no dvd device is recognized. I have unloaded and reloaded device drivers but not matter what i do nothing works. Dvd works but not in this. Help
February 13th 07 07:14 PM
by cownie Go to last post

From The