Sony Laptops: 'Motion Eye' camera by colt22[_3_]
My Sony Vaio VGN-120C has a built-in camera camera called 'Motion Eye'.Even since I installed vista x64, the camera is useless as Sony does not make a 64 bit driver for it. Does anyone know who the underlying manufacturer of this camera is so I can hopefully track down the right driver for it thanks alot..would like to get this thing working finally!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 6th 10 08:43 PM
by ugodrama Go to last post
13 990
Installed RAM.. now blue screen? by colt22[_4_]
I upgraded from 2GB DDR2-SDram to 4 gb (2) DDR2-SD RAM. Now everytime I start my computer I get the blue screen for a split second, the the computer reboots itself. It does this about 3 times untill it finally boots up. when it boot up everything is totally normal. anyone know why im having this problem?? -- colt22
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 22nd 08 12:54 PM
by Rex Go to last post
13 322
Sony MPEG RealTime Encoder Board? by ColTom2
Hi: Does anyone know of a Vista driver applicable Sony MPEG RealTime Encoder Board or a work around so that I can upgrade my Sony Desktop VGC-RA716G with MCE(2005) to Vista? If not, how would I go about finding a suitable hardware replacement for this board i.e. mfg, model/part number that would work with Vista? I am not familiar at all with hardware in this area, as you might tell.
March 9th 09 10:44 PM
by Manny Weisbord Go to last post
7 96
Sony Vista Premium Upgrade Problem by ColTom2
Hi: I have a Sony VGC-RA716G desktop computer with Windows MCE2005 installed that I have wanted to upgrade to Vista Premium for sometime now. However, the Windows Vista Upgrade advisor indicates that everything for the upgrade is fine EXCEPT my installed Giga Pocket MPEG2 Encoder/decoder board w/tuner. I have sent numerous inquiries to Sony about when and if they were ever going to...
September 10th 07 11:43 PM
by Robert Martin[_2_] Go to last post
1 57
DVD drive tray opens when clicked in Explorer by com64
Whoever at microsoft came up with this 'feature' should be shot. I've hunted and hunted for a way out of this but can't come up with anything. The problem is this: whenever I click on a DVD drive in explorer, the damn tray door opens. Because I have doors on my computer, this basically damages the tray and is an all-around annoyance. If I'm going to put a disc in I'll use the button on...
June 13th 08 01:24 AM
by bobt Go to last post
3 265
Vista Business - DVD CD Rw ~ Not reading by Comer B
I apologize for posting out of spot on another post ~ So here is my situation. The Dvd rom is recognized under Computer with a current drive letter ( E: ) but it has a red circle with a slash over the actual icon of the Drive. When i right click and view properties the device shows that it is working normally ~ HA ! ~. When i view the device under the Device manager option ~ It shows...
June 2nd 07 01:48 AM
by freddy Go to last post
8 59
USB Mouse Freezes Fix and Windows 7 by Commander Blaize
Method 1 *For Microsoft Windows Vista (and windows 7) Click Start, and type device manager in the Start Search box. Click Device Manager in the Programs list. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue. In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Right-click USB Root Hub and then click Properties. In...
December 6th 09 01:09 PM
by david41 Go to last post
2 242
USB Mouse Freezes Fix and Windows 7 by Commander Blaize
Method 1 *For Microsoft Windows Vista (and windows 7) Click Start, and type device manager in the Start Search box. Click Device Manager in the Programs list. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue. In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Right-click USB Root Hub and then click Properties. In...
November 28th 09 04:50 PM
by Commander Blaize Go to last post
0 100
Firewire device disconnecting with 0x80070037 by Comment box returns to same location
I have an external ATA drive connected to my PC using a firewire connection. I managed to copy lots of data onto it a few months ago for archive purposes. Many of the files are very large and if I try to copy them from it onto the main PC drives it starts the copy, halts, seems to be calculating the time it will take then it finally fails with "Error 0x80070037: The specified network...
April 2nd 08 03:42 AM
by sarcasmatron Go to last post
1 165
Device driver automatic detect and install by Comp Science junky
On my windows vista (home prem.) hp laptop, I have a device that seems to be breaking. Its my webcam thats built into the laptop, and it keeps poping in and out of being plug in and disconnected. This is all fine and what not (cause they included the webcam for free) except that it makes that annoying (but useful) little sound that tells you that something has been disconnected and...
June 21st 08 09:52 PM
by Pavel A. Go to last post
4 131
DVD RW Stopped working in windows vista by compboy
Hello, after freshly reinstalling i windows vista home premium edition,(on a new hp pavilion) my DVD RW stopped working after 2 days. It shows up in device manager (not under my computer) as a code 10(this device could not start). I searched for code 10 and it told me to update the driver...so I attempted it, but windows tells me my driver is up to date, any help with this problem is...
March 10th 07 02:56 PM
by Serge DeschĂȘnes Go to last post
5 145
Hard drive keeps showing less space by compboy
I have a brand new hp pavilion with vista home premium, It has a samsung 250GB harddrive. Yesterday morning it said that I had 183GB free space, last night it said I had 175GB Free space, and today it is at 170GB free space. I haven't installed anything, downloaded anything, and havent used the iternet much. Any ideas as to why this is?...Thanks!
July 17th 08 07:41 PM
by Dave Go to last post
8 90
DVD drive stops working after uninstalling programs by compboy
I had trouble with my dvd (HP lightscribe DVD/RW)drive dissapearing after 2 days on a new copy of windows vista home premium, on a new (HP pavilion) computer. I found a solution of going into the registry, exporting the registry folder for the drive, then deleting the lower/upper value lines. After restarting, the drive was back. Now my drive disapears when I unistall software programs I...
March 10th 07 02:29 PM
by Serge DeschĂȘnes Go to last post
1 79
Another problem with CD/DVD driver by Complete Novice
I too have a problem with my CD/DVD driver. Vista (Home Premium) will not recognise that the drive exists except in a bit that I cannot remember how to get to. I tried to install a photograph programme and when it installed I took the CD out and that was the last time the CD driver worked, I can hear it try to work but it doesn't. I tried to system restore, but this wouldn't work at all...
October 25th 07 01:50 AM
by photocharlie Go to last post
4 78
trouble with new ram by Computer & Sound System Tech
i bought ram last month i believe, and for some reason i'm getting the blue screen of death sometimes not always. and today was even worse the computer would always give me the blue screen of death, and i waited few hours and turned it on and now it's fine. but i'm tired of the blue screen especially the ram is fine, i will try the ram tester, but i wanted to know if there was something i...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 12th 07 04:05 AM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
45 641
Network Connection and Computer Hardware by Computer Hardware
Network connection: At night my internet network connection turns off around 10 P.M. Every night I've been observing what time the internet shuts off. It has been shutting off at night. Please help and tell me what I should do. Computer Hardwa My laptop randomlys shuts down, I don't know what the cause is but I think it's the hardware, or it shuts down from the heat. I don't know what the...
June 17th 08 07:53 AM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
1 83
Gig increase for faster working responce by Computer Idiot
Hi, I am a non-programmer but with a wish to work a bit faster. i just invested in a dual core 1.86 with 1 gig ram. I then upgraded to 2 gig and the speed has not changed. I was told that the system reserves the percentage regardless of what you have for ram.. i am not sure if that is true as it does not make much sence, hopefully i can tool it so that i have quicker responce. i do not...
August 28th 07 06:54 PM
by Computer Idiot Go to last post
0 50
Gamma Rays Setting for Windows vista - stop the radiation by computer know how[_2_]
How does one change the gamma rays setting for windows vista basic. I just upgraded 2 months ago from windows xp. In windows xp a person can click on advance settings, click color tab, then change the gamma rays setting. Does any body know how to change the gamma rays setting for windows vista basic?
March 9th 08 04:48 AM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
4 86
microphone not detected by computer naieve
friends , I have gateway laptop with windows vista home premium got recently.I just started using it for live chattiing and got a mic.But the computer would not detect it. I used 2 different headsets with earphone and mic together and I can hear but mic is not detected. I checked with msn msgr audio toolls. I went to control panel /sounds/ it would show the laptop speakers but would not show...
July 27th 08 06:56 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
2 122
Need help with an external storage drive with Vista OS by computerchallengedcc
i am going to be doing medical billing on my pc for my sister-in-law. I have downloaded & installed the medical billing program already. She is going to purchase an external hard drive so that I can back-up each time I update information and billing with this program. She has Vista OS, I use XP- SP3. 1) Can someone recommend a small size drive to purchase? 2) Is there anything special...
June 6th 08 10:16 PM
by computerchallengedcc Go to last post

From The