ATIKMDAG.SYS by mehuh
I wasn't able to locate anything in the event viewer that would explain this around the times the BSODs occur. I also analyzed the crash dump and it keeps pointing to atikmdag.sys (one of my crash dump bugcheck analysis is at http://www.vistax64.com/vista-hardware-devices/3707-atikmdag-sys-post765915.html#post765915 in case you want to see it). Also, the BSOD does not consistently occur during...
October 3rd 08 01:53 AM
by mehuh Go to last post
0 231
ATIKMDAG.SYS by chuckbam[_6_]
I would not think having the drivers loaded only would cause BSOD. I would look in the event viewer. JMHO -- chuckbam *q6600 slacr quad cpu at 3.36 ghz/ fsb 1680 mhz ~ asus p5b deluxe ~ mushkin em2-6400, 8gb at 840 mhz, 5-5-5-15 ~ maxline pro 500, raid 0, 931gb ~ hd 3850 512mb/ hd 2600 pro 512mb ~ dual tv tuners: ati 650 pro/
October 3rd 08 01:32 AM
by chuckbam[_6_] Go to last post
0 219
ATIKMDAG.SYS by mehuh
I initially didn't install CCC. But, when I started getting BSODs, as a test I did install it to see if it would resolve the BSODs. Unfortunately for my computer, having CCC installed or not installed doesn't affect the BSODs. -- mehuh
October 3rd 08 01:25 AM
by mehuh Go to last post
0 258
ATIKMDAG.SYS by chuckbam[_6_]
I removed the CCC and it is filially gone 100%. I held off one my #1 system because I wanted Avio, -- chuckbam *q6600 slacr quad cpu at 3.36 ghz/ fsb 1680 mhz ~ asus p5b deluxe ~ mushkin em2-6400, 8gb at 840 mhz, 5-5-5-15 ~ maxline pro 500, raid 0, 931gb ~ hd 3850 512mb/ hd 2600 pro 512mb ~ dual tv tuners: ati 650 pro/
October 3rd 08 01:02 AM
by chuckbam[_6_] Go to last post
0 242
ATIKMDAG.SYS by mehuh
It appears that I do have the older Intel chipset drivers despite my installing the news ones because we have to do a manual upgrade: "In order to install an updated version of the utility, you will need to use the have-disk installation method. Otherwise, you can use the setup program to install the utility" 'Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility - Have-disk...
October 3rd 08 12:57 AM
by mehuh Go to last post
4 316
VISTA shutsdown my SATA HD. by Bryan Todd
I've been using vista for about a year and never had any problems. But now all of a sudden my SATA HD spins down and shuts off, forcing a re-boot to bring it back. HD passes all the SMART testing and is not overheating. Now for the weird stuff: I moved the HD to another port.....it works with no problems. I installed an additional disk to the port that was causing the
October 2nd 08 05:25 PM
by Bryan Todd Go to last post
0 277
dvd-cd drive doesn't recognize certain cdrom disks by loveskatie
I'm using Vista Business Service Pack 1 upgrade, and certain games or software on cd do not get detected on my laptop. SONY Vaio SZ430W Dual Core2 t7200 2.00gHz 2gRam 32bit OS NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-842S ATA. I can run games like Oblivion or Morrowind with no problems, but can't load Fable (or a couple other disks - but Fable is my need now). I can watch DVDs too.
October 2nd 08 03:32 PM
by loveskatie Go to last post
0 242
After installing raid0 system hangs by George
After installing two 300gb velociraptors the system hangs in a strange way.The mouse can move around ,I can use the start menu ,but the apps I run never run.I have to reboot.It is too often ,any suggestions ? Configuration windows home premium 32bit Asus p5premium mb Intel 9300 quad and 4gb 1600mhz ddr3. Thanks
October 2nd 08 02:31 PM
by George Go to last post
0 240
Blu-Ray drive sporadically disappears by Sukasa
For some annoying reason, the Blu-Ray disk drive in my stock HP dv9847ca Notebook (1 month old, so still within warranty) seems to have an odd habit of sporadically disappearing on me - it won't show up in explorer, nor device manager. It does, however, show up in BIOS. The problem I have is that the drive itself seems to have power/etc, and when it -is- showing, it works fine, and only ever...
October 2nd 08 04:11 AM
by Sukasa[_2_] Go to last post
3 263
cd drives don't work by lady
posted a question re cd drives which stopped working, and received an e-mail that someone replied to my question. I cannot find my question nor the answer to it. Please help me find my question and reply. Thanks. -- lady
October 2nd 08 12:09 AM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
3 318
Media Center remote controller not recognised properly by Larry[_10_]
HA-IR01SV remote controller worked flawlessly until last update. Now the device continuously attempts to install under windows vista sp1and fails when media center is not running, receiver lights up on controller key press. When media center is started the receiver goes inactive and receiver does not light up on controller keypress. Plugging the receiver into another vista machine reveals...
October 1st 08 04:03 PM
by jammmie999 Go to last post
1 228
Vista 64 Question by Wonderman
I'm considering getting a new HDD with 32MB cache and installing Vista 64. The machine is a Pentium D running 2GB Memory with an Intel 945G chipset. I also use ReadyBoost quite successfully. I'll be installing some 32bit software afterwards. Appreciate all help and thoughts and cautions ?
October 1st 08 03:18 PM
by Wonderman Go to last post
2 258
Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor E4700 by Jan Vigne
The new HP that I purchased eleven days ago has failed. Micro Center says it is no longer available. They are offering an Acer with the Intel Core 2 Duo processor in it as a comparable unit. The HP had a dual Pentium chip. Is there a difference between the Core and the Pentium? I was under the impression the Pentium was still -the- Intel chip to buy. What I purchased eleven days ago;...
October 1st 08 02:31 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
3 287
Windows FAX & Scan and Canon MP780 by PvdG42
I have an MP780 attached directly to my Vista Ultimate box and I'm trying to get the FAX function going as the FAX software that came with the 780 is not Vista-compatible. I have full scan, copy and print functionality, and it appears that Vista recognizes the 780 FAX functionality because I was able to add "Canon MP780 FAX" as a device in Control Panel-Printers. It shows as ready. OTOH,...
October 1st 08 01:27 PM
by bjr Go to last post
6 274
Will my old devices work with vista? by dimmack
Hi,could anybody share some info if my ADSL modem/router (roadrunner 40C) and crt monitor(viewsonic E72f+) will work with 64 bit vista? Or is it time to go shopping...?
October 1st 08 06:04 AM
by dimmack Go to last post
2 307
DVD/CD Drive not even showing up! by gallegra
Hey all; I just got a new gateway laptop on Black Friday over at Best Buy, and since it's new it has Vista on it. I was loading some files and stuff onto my computer using some data discs I had just made from my old PC, and then all of a sudden last night the discs stopped loading. I checked around, and I can't find any proof that my disc drive even EXISTS, whether it has a disc in it or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 1st 08 12:27 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
11 385
vista memory upgrade by bandahanson
I have never had a problem like this before. I purchased an hp laptop for my wife with vista installed. After several months she told me how slow it was so I decided to upgrade to two gig. I purchased crucial memory and installed. Since then it has been nothing short of a nightmare. The machine will suddenly stop booting, then it will magically boot again then it will stop. It is not the hard...
September 30th 08 08:57 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
5 305
Cannot access files in Vista hard drive by Ande
HI I bought compaq laptop which has vista home premium installed. Laptop got problem and its not working. My Hard drive has importent data in it, i removed teh hard drive and connected to other laptop(Vista OS installed) with USB. Iam able to open the hard drive, but Iam unable to see any files in it. Folder strucure exists. But files in folders doesnt exist.
September 30th 08 08:39 PM
by Leo Go to last post
4 620
Cavairy external hard drive help!!!!!! by HYDRO420BOY
Hay, can anyone help me i just bought a cavairy 1 tb external hard drive. The instructions that came with it said that it should automatically download the needed drivers. And that is pretty much what i thought it would do, seeing as how thats what my other externals did, and what this one tried to do, and failed i tried to contacting cavairy tech support but all thay would say is that...
September 30th 08 03:49 PM
by DL Go to last post
5 320
cd drives by lady
My CD drives don't turn, they light up and then the light goes out and they don't move. I have reinstalled the whole system, but the CD drives still don't move. When I check the devices, there is a yellow exclammation mark next to both CD rom and DVD. Help!! -- lady
September 30th 08 02:24 PM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post

From The