Tosh Satellite by ComputerDummy
Well Look at the ACPI Standard... and also look up who wrote the standard and when.. you have ACPI Standard 1.0B not 2 or better you'll find out that vers. 2 and up was written in 2002 but these company first became compliant in mid 2006 that way they hope to boost new sales with vista. got the same problem with a M35X which was sold till mid 2006 and some people are still selling it.
November 28th 06 02:58 PM
by ComputerDummy Go to last post
0 110
Tosh Satellite by ComputerDummy
WEll After some research I found out it's in the hands of toshiba to update the BIOS to ACPI Vers.2 or higher for Vista to work. "MS-Pcbob" wrote: I have attempted to load Vista on a Tosh A30 (I think it is) P4 2.8 512RAM 40GB HDD
December 7th 06 04:50 AM
by ComputerDummy Go to last post
0 166
Tosh Satellite by ComputerDummy
Hello Now all the facts are in... Your Bios is ACPI Vers. 1 Cap. and you need a update BIOS to ACPI VERS. 2 or Better for vista to work "MPfreeUK" wrote: I also have a Toshiba Satellite A30 Series (SA30-714). BIOS Rev: 1.80
December 7th 06 05:21 AM
by ComputerDummy Go to last post
0 142
the Recycle Bin has dissappear by computergeek
i dont know why but the recycle bin Icon on my desktop has dissappeared.....does any one know to to make the icon appear (the reason why i'm asking is because i deleted the icon by mistake and i don't know how to fix this problem....i already tried undoing the problem, so i'm going to have to find a way to make a new icon)
August 14th 07 03:28 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 141
Mouse Will not Move After Upgrade to Vista by ComputersHateMe
The mouse will no longer move after I upgraded from XP to Vista Ultimate, none of the right/left click buttons will function along with the actual movement of the mouse pointer. I have tried multiple mice and not one of them has any change, as I still cant move the pointer. Video Card ATI Radeon x850 if that helps at all
June 12th 07 01:25 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 266
Bluescreen caused by ethernet by Computeruseless!
My computer keeps getting the bluescreen and eachtime i check for a solution with windows it says it is caused by ethernet networking or realtek. I have been through all the advice given but found no solution i would like to know how to solve the problems so i get my computer up and running with no problems. The fault bucket it gave me was 0xA_Rtlh86!MiniportSendNetBufferList+de,type0
October 26th 08 01:00 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 271
I have problems when printing using a shared printer by Conan
Hello to everybody. I'm from Spain and I have a problem. I have bought a PC with Windows Vista because I wanted to replace another PC with Windows 98. Windows 98'PC have a shared printer and I use this printer to print from other pc with Windows XP. When I installed Windows Vista'PC I had a problem with the printer. Now I can print with Windows Vista'Pc (printer is directly connected to this...
April 21st 07 12:30 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
5 182
ReadyBoost by Concerned
I've read somewhere that Vist Readyboost only use up to 1GB and beyond that any spare is useless. Can anyone advise if this is so? For this purpose is it better to buy SD card or flash drive? I understand that USB flash drive must be version 2 what about SD cards? Are there different speed for SD cards? Would appreciate anyone's advise. Thanks!
August 25th 07 07:28 PM
by Rock Go to last post
2 158
USB Devices stopped working altogether by Condor
Hello Guys, I am using Windows Vista 32 Bit Ultimate on Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptop. I have 4 USB Ports which were working fine. Suddenly all the USB ports failed and did not get recognized. I reinstalled Vista and the USB ports were visible again. There was a great sigh of releif. Guess what, the problem has cropped up again. I suppose after some of the updates from Microsoft or Windows...
September 23rd 07 12:54 AM
by jonathan perreault Go to last post
5 91
fault bucket by confused
Has anyone every had the following? fault bucket-0x9f_3IMAGE_nvmfdx32.sys,type0 This is getting aggrevating and I need to know if anyone has had this problem and how they fixed it. I have a HP computer with windows vista. Any answers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!!!
April 13th 10 12:38 PM
by confused Go to last post
0 270
fault bucket by confused
Has anyone every had the following? fault bucket-0x9f_3IMAGE_nvmfdx32.sys,type0 This is getting aggrevating and I need to know if anyone has had this problem and how they fixed it. I have a HP computer with windows vista. Any answers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!!!
April 14th 10 12:28 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 516
XP to Vista (ide/sata) Mystery by Confused
My old XP pc died with a case of capacitor plague. I replaced it with a Vista pc. I thought that I would have no problem moving my data because on my other setup, I had kept all of my 'stuff' on a separate HDD (partitioned into 4 parts). Once I had gotten my Vista up & running, I felt ready to move-in my data drive from the xp machine. When I cracked open the case, I found that it was a...
January 23rd 09 03:28 PM
by SgtBaxter Go to last post
9 176
cd compartment by confused
My cd compartment just stopped working...How can I run backups if the cd compartment is not working??? How can I fix this problem and have that working again????
November 23rd 07 08:27 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 123
DirectX 10 and Vista by Confused
My Graphics card is an ATI Radeon X550 and it was support by DirectX 9 but now with Vista, which comes with DirectX10 it does not support my graphics card and I get an error that is caused by a file called atiumdag.dll when I try and play my video games. Please help! :(
May 30th 07 01:15 PM
by Peter Go to last post
3 122
Installing new hardware. by Confused Sean
Hey, I have recently bought an ipod and when i plugged it in for the first time installation wizard acknowledged it there and i tried installing it but it wouldn't work and i was left with the message: 'Cannot Install this Hardware' There was a problem installing this hardwa Ipod. An error occured during the installation of the device. The data is invalid. I have re-tried installing it...
July 17th 07 09:32 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 106
Audio with Vista Ultimate by Confused!!!
I upgraded to Vista Ultimate and now my computer has an error stating "No Audio Output Installed." My audio worked fine with Vista Home Premium. I looked under the devices and it says it is installed, even though I can't play anything with sound. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Thanks!
July 23rd 08 10:32 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
3 181
Sound Card Compatibility by Confusedaboutsoundcards21
I have a 2002 Home Studio XL from Cakewalk and I put it on my Vista (its made for XP and lower). Everything works fine but I can't get it to recognize my audio. This comp was manufactured 8 days ago and I got it to master my Album... It would be stupid if it didn't have a wave playable sound card right? Is this just a 2002 compatibility issue? Do I just need a new program?
April 17th 08 12:40 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 132
DVD-RW not reading any media by ConfusedChris
I bouhgt my current pc about 2 weeks ago and everything was fine and now my DVD-RW doesn't read any media. CD or DVD, nothing happens. In Computer (Vista home premium) the drive shows up but nothing in the drive. The drive itself makes noise likes trying to read a blank disk. Why wont it read? My pc is NEW!
August 14th 07 08:55 AM
by Spirit Go to last post
1 126
Hardware Accelaration Disabled by Conman
Since upgrading to vista, I am being told that my 'Hardware Accelaration has been disabled'. I have Direct X installed - how can I re-enable it?
May 29th 07 06:56 PM
by Conman Go to last post
7 126
Vista does not boot if I add the WinTV card (or the PCTV Card) by ConnectedErgoSum
Since I have upgraded the PC to Vista, I cannot use anymore WinTV-HVR-1300 (PCI) (Same issue with PCTV Dual hybrid - PCI-Express). Vista simply hangs while booting, the last driver loaded is crcdisck.sys. If I remove the WinTV card Vista works perfectly. With WinXP all was working fine. I tried to remove all the cards from the PC... the issue happens when I insert the WinTV or the PCTV...
January 19th 08 08:03 PM
by SuperFly1971[_3_] Go to last post

From The