How to create multiple hardware profiles in Vista? by DMIOM
Laptop (Sony Vaio TZ11, Vista Business) works OK using the auto-created "docked" and "un-docked" profiles However, this laptop is now used, as well as moibile, in two different offices, each of which has their own docking stations - each with their own different networks, printers, external displays etc. In XP we would have just created a (copy) hardware profile and then allowed the user...
September 30th 08 11:04 AM
by DMIOM Go to last post
0 177
CF card not accessible by [email protected]
I have a 6-in-1 internal USB card reader in my PC running Vista Home Premium SP1. It recognized the CF card the first time (maybe the first few times) I put a CF card in the reader. Now however it does not. All the drives show up on the Computer screen but when I double click on the G drive, it says I need to insert a drive. From the Control Panel, I go to the Computer Manager/Disk Management...
September 30th 08 02:16 AM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
5 312
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Network - Realtek RTL8139/810x Famil by memphisking
my driver was updated but i still can't install it on my computer. so how will i install it to my computer
September 29th 08 07:24 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT] Go to last post
2 274
VIA Networking Velocity Gigabit Ethernet Adapter problems after SP by Mr.Lionfish
I am running Vista Ultimate 64 updated to SP1. My mother board is an Abit AV8 w/ AMD Athlon FX55 CPU / 3GB RAM Integrated on the motherboard is a VIA gigabit Ethernet adapter. Prior to SP1 install it was working fine. I connect to the internet by LAN - FreeBSD machine - cable router - Internet. None of that is really pertinent though. The cable router, blah, blah all fine up to Windows...
September 29th 08 07:03 PM
by Matt Go to last post
1 198
SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio by Aaronb
After loading Vista Ultimate on my machine I keep losing my sound. The sound works when the SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio driver is installed, but "automagically" that driver gets removed and the RealTek 97 AUdio driver gets installed. I have to go to Device Manager and remove the driver and then search for new hardware to reinstall the SoundMax drive. Any ideas on how to lock the...
September 29th 08 06:02 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
2 213
Belkin USB PCI F5U220 by CodyDawg
Has anyone been able to get the Belkin 5-port USB PCI card model F5U220 to work with Vista 32 bit? Belkin is totally clueless as usual.
September 29th 08 03:53 PM
by David Vair Go to last post
2 155
Windows Vista x64 and Creative x-fi by Julie[_7_]
Hi everyone, I was just wondering what the creative x-fi cards are like to use with vista x64. I remember back when vista first came out, there were major issues with the drivers. Have they fixed these issues?
September 29th 08 11:09 AM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
6 281
Please help with external drive issue by Rob[_22_]
I have a Maxtor DiamondMax 21 320gb PATA (ultra ATA) hard drive installed in an external case that I used on my previous OS - XP Professional. The case I had purchased from NewEgg and it worked really well via a USB connection. No software was necessary, I simply plugged it in a USB slot and it was displayed as a Mass Storage Device. I have tried the following with no luck: 1. Loading...
September 29th 08 07:09 AM
by Rob[_22_] Go to last post
6 307
Code 10 / 19 DVD Drive RESOLUTION by Fred Munro
You need *some* experience with notepad and device manager for this to work. After trawling the net for a solution and finding none that worked, I thought of my own. This is only for VISTA Uninstall your code 10/19 devices in Device Manager Open Notepad and copy the text below
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 29th 08 12:20 AM
by rob Go to last post
21 905
desktop by mensing
i cannot get display control center to change the dektop background that option was lost in personalise options is there a way to get this back,thanks.
September 28th 08 11:09 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 248
HD added with SATA doesn't show up by Foreverkul[_2_]
So I finished adding a Western Digital 160GB 10,000RPM HD, made sure all the plugs were correct, and using SATA. However, when I started up my computer it doesn't show up in Explorer, so I look at device manager and it is listed there. I also went to the BIOS where it is also listed. So I know the computer knows its there, but why can't I access it? I've researched similar problems but could not...
September 28th 08 10:36 PM
by DL Go to last post
3 167
Logitech joystick by Paul
Running Vista Ultimate 64 When I plug in the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick the it recognizes new device then searches for driver it then gives me the following error Windows encountered software for your device Windows found software for your device but encounted an error while attempting to install it %HID_Device%
September 28th 08 09:06 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 194
irosoft.public.windown.XP.hardware_devices by [email protected]
I purchased a PNY Optima Pro Attache high speed USB2.0 drive, but I don't know how to use it??? Can I download it from Windows? Is said to check to see if you have it in your list. Thanks
September 28th 08 07:54 PM
by barman58 Go to last post
2 297
HP Photosmart 8250 printer give away by Dennis Davey
The HP 8250 printer ( borderline warranty!!) jammed up and left me with new original HP 363 color cartridges - three in the printer and three still in sealed packs. If anyone living near Exeter is interested in a real bargain, just get in touch. I don't want to dump the whole lot, but it has got to go somewhere. Perky
September 28th 08 01:07 PM
by cqui3 Go to last post
3 206
CD/DVD drive not showing up in my computer by rebel5760
hey i removed a program the other day and then when i restarted comp the dvd and cd drive were not showing up. I tried the whole remove upper and lower filters from registry, but when i went to remove them from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} there were no upper or lower filters, i tried checkin cables, they are fine. what should...
September 28th 08 10:35 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
4 214
Nvidia Drivers by Phil
Why are the Nvidia graphic card drivers on windows update older than on the Nvidia website & yet windows update always recommends the older one they have?, I don't know which one to use, Phil.
September 28th 08 06:36 AM
by Phil Go to last post
9 350
USB Mic suddenly not working by Xojie
Afternoon all. Here's my problem; I'm using a generic logitech USB mic with my vista computer, and it has worked great for about the last 6 months or so. I use it with Ventrillo and the speech recognition on my computer. Anywho, today, all of a sudden with no updates, hardware chanegs, etc., the mic portion of it just isn't working. I've checked the usual suspects, its not muted, its set as the...
September 27th 08 09:16 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
1 174
DVD not working after failed SP1 install by Andy G[_2_]
6 days ago I had a Compaq notebook (6720s) that was working OK, although USB functionality was pretty random. Then I tried to install Vista SP1 as offered by Windows Update. The install failed. 2 different System Restore points also failed.... Terrific. Now the system no longer shows DVD drive in My Computer or Computer Management, but it shows in Device Manager as not working, no drivers.
September 27th 08 08:49 PM
by Pascale Go to last post
8 190
MS Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 magnification doesn't work in Vista by pegpaw
Help! I have the Vista Home Premium version, I believe (just purchased 5 months ago) and yesterday bought a MS Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 (new). It has the magnification functionality where the button on the left-hand side is supposed to magnify highlighted text. But I have tried this on Notepad, web pages, OpenOffice, with no luck. The software was loaded with success. Does anyone have any...
September 27th 08 08:31 PM
by pegpaw Go to last post
0 162
Docking Issues with Peripherals by Allen Rosenthal
I have been docking my notebook for over a year with NO problems. Recently, however, when I dock my notebook (hibernated or fully powered), the 'device failed to connect' sound plays, and my mouse and keyboard fail to come online. Oddly, the monitor activates as usual. The only solution has been to reboot the laptop while it is plugged into the dock. What could be causing this? (Side note: I...
September 27th 08 08:10 PM
by Allen Rosenthal Go to last post

From The