s3 unichrome driver missing from vista rtm by jani
I was using RC1 till december with very success. All of my hardware had compatilbe driver, a few of them via Automatic Update. Yesterday I bought Vista Homa Basic and now I'm very disappointed because my s3 unichrome igp'driver is missing(?). In RC1 it was downloaded via automatic update but now nothing. S3/Via doesn't support this chipset (PN800). I don't understand. I paid a lot of money...
February 14th 07 11:06 AM
by jani Go to last post
2 195
voicemodems for Vista64 ? by F r e e
i don't care if its external or internal, if it just exists! USrobotics messagemodem has 64 bit drivers, but it looks as if you need their 'controller software' to actually listen to the answering function messages and its not compatible with vista 64! so i'm pretty lost, even after searching countless websites! Anybody knows about a serial/usb/pci voice modem or similar?
February 14th 07 11:48 AM
by F r e e Go to last post
1 148
voicemodem for vista64? by F r e e
reposting as 1st post was lost in cyberspace... i don't care if its external or internal, if it just exists! USrobotics messagemodem has 64 bit drivers, but it looks as if you need their 'controller software' to actually listen to the answering function messages and its not compatible with vista 64! so i'm pretty lost, even after searching countless websites!
February 14th 07 11:49 AM
by F r e e Go to last post
2 226
windows vista by junebug3131
Its saying somthing about this Windows Vista does not support MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device what to do Thats the only thing wrong but some programs wont run correctly help
February 14th 07 12:03 PM
by junebug3131 Go to last post
0 185
Auto activation afterhovering by Jim H
When my mousepointer hovers over a button for over 1-2 seconds, it automatically activates that button. This is not only frustrating, but dangerous ("Delete" buttonfor ex.). How do I turn this option off????? I've looked at everything in Control Panel. Thanks for any helpI can get. Jim H.
February 14th 07 01:23 PM
by Jim H Go to last post
0 202
Upgrading Hardware by LYGER
I installed Vista with the ATI 9100 onboard graphics which installed fine but with no Aero as expected but i installed an ATI 9800 pro and new Drivers and am still stuck with the Vista Basic theme. How do i upgrade the theme to display Aero?? Vista would not install with the ATI 9800 pro it forced the 'OUT OF RANGE' error I hope i can sort this as £300 for windows was a gamble as i could...
February 14th 07 02:01 PM
by LYGER Go to last post
4 181
Graphics Problem by Mikey
I had to uninstall the drivers for my Nvidia FX5600XT as they kept making the computer lock up so i restarted at Windows vista has installed the graphics card as a Standard VGA graphics adapter" ive tried installing the new Nvidia drivers but it says it cant find a supported graphics card, so what do i do now to get the microsoft WDDM drivers installed
February 14th 07 02:40 PM
by Mikey Go to last post
7 221
Palm Desktop will not open by richguibilo
Just got my new Dell with Vista and everything works fine but Outlook 2000 and the Palm Desktop. I'll deal with the Outlook problem but I really need the Palm Desktop to open. My wife and I each have one and use them every day. I never had a problem with XP Home on anything. I installed the Palm software that came with the handhelds and then visited the website for any updates. HotSync seems...
February 14th 07 02:59 PM
by richguibilo Go to last post
0 211
Lightscribe by Gene
For those who may have not seen it in the general group. You can install your lightscribe drivers on Vista. Download them from the Lightscribe website, right click on the set-up program, and choose "Properties." When the properties box comes up, go to the "Compatibility tab" click the box and run under winXP SP2. Then save and close. Next, all you have to do is right click, "Run as...
February 14th 07 03:04 PM
by Dixie Go to last post
4 217
Multiple scanners by Bob Barnhill
I have both an Epson desktop scanner (Perfection 1640) and a Nikon film scanner (Coolscan IV). Both are connected via USB. Only one can be recognized (under Imaging Devices in Device Manager) at a time. I have to turn off one scanning device before the other can be recognized and used. This is a minor annoyance that was also encountered with Windows XP, but I had hoped that it would be...
February 14th 07 04:52 PM
by Bob Barnhill Go to last post
0 176
Motorola Q by WadeBart
Anyone having issues with Vista (Business Edition) recognizing the Motorola Q?
February 14th 07 04:57 PM
by WadeBart Go to last post
5 193
ATI users getting low windows experience index; look here by TechnoHic
Dont know if anyone else has discovered it but I was getting an Aero rating and gaming graphic rating of 1 with an AGP 8x 512mb X1950 pro. Not that its a whole lot but I installed the last XP driver for the card and ran setup in XP sp2 compatability mode and am now getting a 1.9 for Aero. Again, thats not much but it tells me ATIs drivers are not working right. I tried every Vista release...
February 14th 07 06:45 PM
by TechnoHic Go to last post
1 191
Hard-Drive Activity by Herazio
Dear people, I've been having some trouble with my Windows Vista. Everything works well with it except one thing truly disturbs me. Let's say I leave my computer without any program active. (My virusscanner only scans when I tell it too) and there are no other background scanners working. When I leave my computer at Idle my hard-drive keeps on processing things of which I have no clue what...
February 14th 07 09:07 PM
by John Go to last post
4 166
Gainward Gforce 7950GT by John
Hi, I have a problem with the 7950GT graphics card. Using any Vista driver I cannot use turn off display or hibernate, whenever the screen is reactivated or the PC woken up the display shows diagonal lines i.e. it is being run above its capacity, If I use an XP driver this problem goes away but the system is unstable.
February 14th 07 09:50 PM
by John Go to last post
3 162
Runningt DOS Games by JamesJ
Hi. Trying to run Leisure Suit Larry 1 but I get the error: 'System does not support full screen mode'. Didn't have problems with XP. In another thread same group someone suggested DosBox. I'm having many of problems with DosBox and the DosBox forum seems to have abandoned my thread. I did start Vista in Safe mode and Dos prompt. The game ran but I had no sound. Is there a way to get the sound...
February 14th 07 10:07 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
4 158
Chic USB Browser Mouse by VicTek
I have a Logitech MX518 mouse and today Windows Update (WU) showed a driver for the Chic USB Browser Mouse. Is this a case of WU incorrectly identifying the hardware or is this driver appropriate?
February 15th 07 01:24 AM
by Aaron Kelley Go to last post
6 188
Logitech trackball by Jr
In XP, the middle scroll wheel could be programmed thru the logitech software and had mine set as the back command when I pressed it. The logitech software does not have the tab now for the button settings. Am running 64bit version. No regular mourseware drivers shown for Vista on logitech site, just the setpoint program which I never used and it is a huge download probably with a lot of...
February 15th 07 02:02 AM
by Rich Elgin Go to last post
1 165
Vista and USB mass device by CorwynF
I am looking for information on making a USB 160gig hard drive bootable. I support "road warriors" aka sales personal. I want to take a image or mirror of their working laptop hard drive and copy it to a usb hard drive. so that if their main hard drive dies while they are on the road, they can still be productive while i am overnighting them a new imaged replacement hard drive. The usb hard...
February 15th 07 03:19 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 177
Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Roadie and my 5.1 speakers. Please he by Jesse Elliott
Ok, so I installed Vista Home Premium last night and was told by the turtle beach program that my drivers were not compatible with Vista. I didn't care since my speakers still worked ok. The set up is a USB sound card with 5.1 speakers plugged into them. Then, overnight, Windows only did 2 things, installed some updates, and went into sleep mode. In the morning, my speakers were no longer...
February 15th 07 03:34 AM
by Jesse Elliott Go to last post
0 163
LCD Screen turns black for a second or two... by dispiece
Everytime I plug a usb flash drive into my computer, the LCD screen turns black completely for a second or two. I am not talking about the gray screen that you get everytime because of UAC. The thing I am talking about happens everytime I insert a usb flash drive or take it out. When you want to take out the usb flash drive, you have to look at the icon in the bar at the bottom right...
February 15th 07 04:00 AM
by David A. Lessnau Go to last post

From The