DVD drive can't read DVD on Vista by zyloh89
Hi. My laptop couldn't read DVD anymore, after one fine day. It was working fine maybe 2 months back, now it can't read any DVD at all, but it's able to read CDs. I just can't figure out why. Hope someone is able to help :) Thanks in advance. Mat****a DVD+-RW UJ857G ATA Device Windows Vista Home Premium is there any other details i need to give? :confused:
September 27th 08 05:44 PM
by zyloh89[_3_] Go to last post
3 260
How to be Sure if a Hard Drive Is Blown by dannymichel[_15_]
I got a new HDD the other day so I did some file moving. I cloned my OS from one of my 320GB HDDs to the new one then I deleted all the files from the 320GB and moved about 120GBs from another HDD to the 320GB HDD that used to have the OS on it. Everything seemed to work fine for a bit. I turned my PC off for a few hours and decided to make sure that all the SATA connector's were connected...
September 27th 08 09:17 AM
by DL Go to last post
1 291
eSATA & Vista by [email protected]
Hi! I have an Asus P5B, Vista 32Bit Home Premium. I have something connected to the eSATA port. When the system boots the BIOS sees it fine. Vista however, will not recognize it.......everything is proper in the BIOS, as the BIOS sees it upon boot. The P5B uses the Jmicros controller. That should be up to date. Additionally, this is hooked to an external enclosure, Xtrastore 3.5".....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 27th 08 05:34 AM
by NormCameron Go to last post
20 845
Vista randomly reboots stating a problem with the ethernet adapter by Vladimir
Hello everyone, I have a little issue with my system. Sometimes Vista shows bsod, then reboots and I get a message that it is because of my ethernet adapter. However, the adapter works fine, the error happens randomly. At least I do not see a reason why this happens. My system is up to date, has the newest drivers, I have followed the possible solutions for the problem that Vista has...
September 26th 08 07:35 PM
by CrazySaguaro Go to last post
2 216
USB Memory Stick Drive Letter by Steve T
I have been using a usb memory stick for some time. Vista assigned drive letter I:. I safely removed that stick and am using it somewhere else. I purchsed a new usb memory stick, put it in the same usb port and Vista now assigned drive letter J:. How do I get Vista to go back and assign this to I: again? Windows Visata Home Premium 32 bit. Thank you
September 26th 08 07:27 PM
by CrazySaguaro Go to last post
1 226
Possible to detect prohibited graphics hardware acceleration by UlrichK
I read in a lot of places that disabling the graphics hardware acceleration might be forbidden with Windows Vista. I also have a computer/graphics card like this: the slider/option in "Troubleshooting" is missing and it says changing this setting is forbidden by the driver. My question: How can I detect programmatically that disabling the hardware acceleration is prohibited? This is useful...
September 26th 08 06:24 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT] Go to last post
1 270
WindowsUpdate_80070103 installfailure by Rene
Hello Im trying to install windows vista update: ATK - system - ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY But everytime I get the notice install failed: WindowsUpdate_80070103 does anybody know whats the problem?
September 26th 08 02:38 PM
by vincent Go to last post
5 261
Get the disbaled device list in vista through win32 Api in vc++ by vinaykabadi
Dear Sir, At any time in vista OS If I want to access the disabled device list what I have to do. Currently I am using IMMDeviceEnumerator and with its instance I am calling EnumAudioEndpoints function where I am passing DEVICE_STATE_DISABLED state device to be accessed but Its showinf zero devices in all cases.
September 26th 08 02:33 PM
by vinaykabadi Go to last post
0 269
WD EHD my book ..again by camill
Hey there! I see there are lots of questions about WD external harddrives here. I haven't been able to find an answer to my question, so I'm posting a new topic. Sorry if this has been answered already somewhere. Problem: Just switched to Windows Vista home premium 64bits, and plugged in my WD MYBOOK 500 gb. Both on the old computer (with Windows XP) and this
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 26th 08 01:05 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
13 490
Vista Business updates don't like RAID1 by Ashish[_2_]
One machine in my office is used as a file server i.e. all files by all the staff members are stored in that machine. I have installed *licensed Vista Business* in that machine. Yeah, I am brave (or is that called stupid?) :p For data safety, I have *RAID1* in that machine (RAID card and two HDs *mirroring* the data). Many times after update, Vista cannot recognise RAID and therefore cannot...
September 26th 08 07:14 AM
by DL Go to last post
5 197
ESATA & Vista by [email protected]
Hi! I have an Asus P5B, Vista 32Bit Home Premium. I have something connected to the eSATA port. When the system boots the BIOS sees it fine. Vista however, will not recognize it.......everything is proper in the BIOS, as the BIOS sees it upon boot. Any suggestions? I'm totally fed up with trying to resolve this. Much Thanks!
September 26th 08 03:27 AM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 213
Unable to use more than 4GB with SLI enabled by SEBZERO
Hi there! I have a problem with my Nvidia driver as soon as i fit more than 4GB Memory and switch to SLI mode I loose the driver. Then i have to install it new and as soon as i try to switch to SLI it happens again.:shock: Has anyone ever experienced something like that before? OS Vista 64 Ultimate Nvidia 7900gs 2x
September 26th 08 12:27 AM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
1 186
My Second Hard Drive wont format by Pay-chekk
I just built a system with vista 64 and installed 2 hard drives. My system drive is a WD raptor 300G and my media drive is a Samsung 500G drive. Vista installed ok, but when I go to format the Samsung in vista it will not format. Any ideas on how to format the drive so I can store large files on it. Thanks Mikey --
September 25th 08 01:25 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
3 177
Keyboard not working by boyphp
Hi, My Vista Home Premium edition came with my Acer 5100 laptop and all of a sudden my keyboard wont respond(the mouse still does). I brought up device manager and Keyboard is not listed among the hardware devices. Any suggestions to fix this? My laptop didnt come with the Vista DVD and when I tried System Restore, it said the C drive is corrupt or some such.
September 25th 08 10:41 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 204
Adaptec 2940 series x64 drivers by Neil Myers
Any news from Adaptec on this one? It's a bit of a pain - my CD/DVD drives are all SCSI and now they're useless. Neil
September 25th 08 10:29 AM
by janaf Go to last post
9 354
microsoft MDAC & Jet Driver latest install???? by TexanGal
*Hi Y'all,* *Some how I've done something to cause this message to pop up:* *"Your PC may not have the latest Microsoft MDAC & Jet Drivers installed."* *Hummm, what do I do now.* *Vista Windows 2008 notebook.*
September 25th 08 08:31 AM
by DL Go to last post
1 182
Toshiba A305 media buttons stopped working after SP1 by sktdude[_2_]
Hi, my mute and CD/DVD buttons stopped working after installing Windows Vista SP1... My computer is a Toshiba A305-S6864 and im running Vista Home Premium x64... Ive already tried reinstalling Toshiba Value Added Package but it did no good... Is this a known bug or is it just me? I couldnt find any solutions online... --...
September 24th 08 11:29 PM
by sktdude[_2_] Go to last post
0 248
Toshiba A305 media buttons stopped working after SP1 by sktdude
Hi, my mute and CD/DVD buttons stopped working after installing Windows Vista SP1... My computer is a Toshiba A305-S6864 and im running Vista Home Premium x64... Ive already tried reinstalling Toshiba Value Added Package but it did no good... Is this a known bug or is it just me? I couldnt find any solutions online... --...
September 24th 08 11:17 PM
by sktdude Go to last post
0 198
Can someone help me by MelodeonJohn
I accidently removed software on my new toshiba laptop L300-147 for my Chicony Camera assistance I still have camera driver but cant find the software for rest of programe. anyone help -- MelodeonJohn ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MelodeonJohn's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/melodeonjohn.htm
September 24th 08 04:22 PM
by knightrider™[_4_] Go to last post
8 386
ATIKMDAG.SYS by chuckbam[_6_]