  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
degraded raid mirror by skytopdesigns
i just had my vista computer set up with 2HD raid set up. i have 2 nvidea cards this is the second time that when i boot. it starts fine but then shortly after it shuts down and restarts and flashes in red "degrated nvidea mirror" then it seems to be fine what does that mean?
December 19th 07 09:35 PM
by skytopdesigns Go to last post
6 120
Delay power off by voidcoder
Hi, I'm currently working on a project with some specific storage which internally does a lot of write buffering. The whole thing is working perfect except of a single problem: when shutting down/suspending/hibernating/ rebooting or whatever the power is cut too fast and the storage (it is USB bus powered) is not able to complete the cached pending writes thus we are loosing/corrupting data. Is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 28th 08 08:39 PM
by Paul[_2_] Go to last post
12 298
Delete Scanner? by Al
I recently purchased a new scanner and removed the old one from Device Manager (it no longer appears there), but the old scanner continues to pop up as a selection under scanning programs, and I get update reminders for the drivers. Is there a way to permanently remove it from my system? OS is Windows Home Premium. Thanks for any help!
December 8th 07 05:35 PM
by Al Go to last post
8 94
delete system folders by kraken
How do I delete system folders??
January 21st 08 12:04 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
4 164
Delete volume external hard drive by Hellraisr
Hi, I have an 500gb wd external hard drive I was trying to format it for my ps3, but unfortunately I deleted the volume in disk manager now my Pc won't reconise the external hard drive when I connect it. Please help. -- Hellraisr
March 1st 09 09:44 PM
by teknomedic Go to last post
1 114
deleted my mp3 player from my media player library by Kashuan
I deleted my sansa view mp3 player from my library is there any way of restoring the device back so I can snyc because I tried and the device will not connect?
May 15th 08 04:12 PM
by Kashuan Go to last post
0 159
Deleted my MP3Player by Kashuan
I deleted my mp3 player from my media player, I tried to snyc the device but it won't connect what can I do to restore the device or is it possible?
May 15th 08 04:04 PM
by Kashuan Go to last post
0 172
Deleted pictures! by Miss Amanda
I am using a USB cable to put my pictures on the computer. i dragged them all into the pictures folder and then deleted them from the USB connection screen. this also deleted them from my camera.. now i cann't find them anywhere and it seems they are saved to the folder i dragged them to, not in the trash, not anywhere! is there some way i can restore my computer to get them back??
May 13th 07 02:22 AM
by cb Go to last post
1 116
Deleted Registry Entry by Thomas
CCleaner registry utility deleted the registry keys for cd optical drivenow vista does not reister my cd and dvd drives.CCleaner does not have a backup facility so cannot restore.The key 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 is missing.It is not in the registry.How can i get it back and get my drives working again? Thaanks Thomas
March 20th 08 03:36 PM
by Thomas Go to last post
4 191
deleted WDDM drivers, can't get them back! by Tim_Mac
hi, yes i feel a bit stupid... i was pleased to see Vista had the option to delete the driver software when you uninstall a driver, so i tried it out on the Microsoft ATI WDDM driver before changing to the ATI catalyst driver to see if i could get glass. the catalyst driver didn't work, and now i can't revert to the WDDM driver either. what's more, i have extracted the install.wim file from...
September 28th 06 10:34 AM
by Kikker46 Go to last post
5 181
Deleting Files by Gene L.
How can I be certain that a few files that I want permanently deleted cannot be recovered by someone at a later date. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and I recently did a full hard disc recovery, reinstalling all the applications of Microsoft Office. However, I read somewhere yesterday that some files may still be recoverable by knowledgeable searchers. I had some files that I never...
December 3rd 09 12:21 PM
by Gene L. Go to last post
0 130
Deleting Files by Gene L.
How can I be certain that a few files that I want permanently deleted cannot be recovered by someone at a later date. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and I recently did a full hard disc recovery, reinstalling all the applications of Microsoft Office. However, I read somewhere yesterday that some files may still be recoverable by knowledgeable searchers. I had some files that I never...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 10th 09 10:59 PM
by dmj120 Go to last post
22 573
deleting hard drive partition by ICQM Houston[_2_]
system info: Lenovo Z61M, Core Duo CPU, 120GB HDD with hidden parition for OS recovery, 1GB RAM upgraded to 3GB - original OS is Business Vista32 upgraded to Ultimate Vista32 i have this Lenovo laptop that runs too slow and i upgraded the RAM from 1 GB to 3 GB but no luck. i upgraded the OS to Ultimate Vista32 - clean install and the old Business Vista was totally wiped out. i then installed...
November 13th 07 04:17 AM
by dzomlija[_223_] Go to last post
4 167
deleting partition by Matty[_2_]
I just bought a laptop with Vista Home Premium and when I got home I discovered that it's 120GB hard-drive had been divided into two equal partitions - C and D. I would prefer that the whole thing be one. How can I delete the empty partition D? (I have never dealt with partitions before.) Thanks for any help.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 7th 08 05:02 AM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
18 340
deleting partition on laptop with Vista 32 by ICQM Houston
system info: Lenovo Z61M, Core Duo CPU, 120GB HDD with hidden parition for OS recovery, 1GB RAM upgraded to 3GB - original OS is Business Vista32 upgraded to Ultimate Vista32 i have this Lenovo laptop that runs too slow and i upgraded the RAM from 1 GB to 3 GB but no luck. i upgraded the OS to Ultimate Vista32 - clean install and the old Business Vista was totally wiped out. i then installed...
October 18th 07 03:08 PM
by ICQM Houston Go to last post
0 111
deletion of incomplete driver installation by Dr. Dhiraj[_2_]
hi, how do i delete / end an incomplete driver installation process ? i was installing the driver software for my bluetooth device, suddenly the power tripped and the computer switched off in between the setup process. next, when i swiched on the computer, the installation did not comtinue. instead it is preventing other start-up programs to run.
September 15th 07 07:08 PM
by Dr. Dhiraj[_2_] Go to last post
2 115
Dell - flashing amber light before post by damocles[_9_]
My mates Dell precision 690 workstation suffers from the dreaded flashing amber light with diagnostic error code 1 and 3 before post. It won't boot at all - just the flashing amber light starts when you turn it on. According to other websites this seems to indicate a power failure of some description. Has anyone resolved this issue with Dells...next stage is probably an RMA - but my friend...
October 10th 08 07:42 AM
by damocles[_9_] Go to last post
8 398
Dell / nVidia SATA Raid Controller by RGBean
Dell XPS 600 with nVidia SATA Raid controller. Under XP Pro the SATA drives show up as expected, but under Vista, they show as SCSI drives and so the S.M.A.R.T. information isn't available. I used the default MS drivers until today when I installed the latest drivers that Dell just released yesterday, but there is no difference in the Computer Management - Devices form - the drives are...
February 2nd 07 03:00 PM
by RGBean Go to last post
0 184
Dell 1600n by Eduard
I am using Vista Business on an Asus F3S laptop. I have installed my Dell1600n printer/scanner. The printer works fine, but the Vista scan software cannot connect to the scanner. I have downloaded the Dell Vista 32 bits driver, but this driver causes a conflict. What should I do ? Regards Eduard
September 8th 07 08:28 PM
by daperry Go to last post
3 152
Dell 24" monitor driver won't install by phypps
Just fitted a new 24" dell monitor (2407WFP) Windows Vista recognises 1920x1200 no problem, so thats OK. But monitor is only recognised as Generic plug & play (which it would do of course without specific drivers) In order to have more control of model specific functions and accurate colour profiling I need to install proper driver(s). The CD that came with the monitor said it did not...
June 13th 07 03:17 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post

From The