Need help with ATT USB 881 Sierra Wireless by Ghost Hunter
When I plug in the Wireless USB device into the USB port, Everything locks up. Works great with XP. ATT&T has no answer. Any help would be appreciated. This is on a NEW HP Desktop computer. Everything else works fineThanks: Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
September 22nd 08 09:06 AM
by Cyberwolf[_2_] Go to last post
2 263
DVD Player Stopped Working by Avandersluis
Pass this on to others, it may help. It seems that a driver update has added either an upper or lower filter for the DVD player registry in the system registry. I found that my DVD player didn't show up at all in the explorer, and when I went to burn a DVD/CD it gave me a message that the media wasn't found. Here is the fix I found after waisting my time trying to remedy the
September 22nd 08 01:39 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 234
CD Question by [email protected]
Hi, I've run out of options. I am running Vista Home 32. Everything has been good for over a year. Then, all of a sudden 2 days ago my CD/ DVD's disappear. They are seen fine in the BIOS, but there is no IDE or CD/DVD in the Decive Manager. I'm seeing that 7026 error in the event log. I've tried over 20 suggestions from the internet, did a system restore from 3 weeks ago........nothing is...
September 20th 08 11:18 PM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
6 317
Vista, bluetooth ('Bluesoleil') & Nokia 2630 by [email protected]
I bought a USB Bluetooth device so that I could link my Nokia 2630 phone and my Toshiba Equiuum laptop (running Vista). The software with the bluetooth dongle is a pain, over-elaborate and it seems impossible to stop it starting upon startup, even after having removed it within Defender. I've tried uninstalling the BlueSoleil software but it seems the Windows drivers for bluetooth aren't...
September 20th 08 11:02 PM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
1 214
Problems shutting down Vosta with a SD Card inserted by A. SILVA
Hi everyone, I'm getting problems when after a resume from hibernation mode, I try to shutdown my computer with an SD card inserted. The system is still shutting down infinitely and don't shut down. This problem is described in the KB950466 and Microsoft say that this problem doesn't occur if SP1 is installed. I have the SP1 installed and the behaviour stiil continues.
September 20th 08 06:41 PM
by Cyberwolf[_2_] Go to last post
1 246
how to disengage Windows Vista Tablet from desktop by snomazushi
I use Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, SP1 Japanese version On my desktop there is a half hidden Tablet PC icon (v6.06.001) to the left edge of my screen. Can someone tell me how to stop this from loading? sn from Japan
September 20th 08 05:10 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 185
Access to vista component devices of playback devices likemicrophone, linein, front mic etc in vc++ by vinaykabadi
I want to access the playback devices-Speakers-properties-levels tab - (microphone, front mic, linein etc) I want to access these and change their respective volume levels I have enumerated the rendering devices and I get the number of playback devices, but I want to access the cub components of the selceted playback device.
September 20th 08 07:18 AM
by vinaykabadi Go to last post
0 172
How to get the notification for USB device related actions (plug /unplug) by vinaykabadi
Dear Sir, Please let me know the related API's in vc++ win32 which deal with notifications for USB related actions. I want an event when I connect my USB camera in vista. Regards Vinay
September 20th 08 07:15 AM
by vinaykabadi Go to last post
0 151
ITE 8211F IDE controller - Vista driver does not allow CD/DVD burning by Ron
Abit IB9 motherboard with an ITE 8211F IDE controller onboard. Vista loads the native Vista driver fine and the drives show up as DVDRW drives in Windows Explorer. But under PROPERTIES, there is no RECORDING tab. Therefore I cannot use the native Vista burning function. This is on a clean install of Vista Business. XP on this machine works fine (ITE controller is functioning). Tried 3...
September 20th 08 04:03 AM
by Hilton T Young Go to last post
9 158
DVD/CD Drive Not Working by Mufaddal Adamjee
The same thing happend to me todays as well... This morning my D: drive disappeared. Went to Device Manager and there was a yellow exclamation mark. The message was "Windows cannot initialize the device driver ." Followed troubleshooting advice: uninstalled/reinstalled. The problem still exists. Went to MS for a KB and was told that MS was aware of the problem but there was no KB at present....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 19th 08 10:48 PM
by james1009 Go to last post
24 468
LG PC suite Wndows Vista by Anthony[_9_]
Hi there all I have a LG U990 Viewty Nobile phone. The program that came with the phone to connect phone to my PC will not work with VISTA does any one have a solution? Cheers Anthony
September 19th 08 08:08 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 181
please help~which notebook should i choose? by lamsingsing
I wonder which notebook i should choose... Q40P is way lighter but performance-wise it is obviously slower than Q210 i want my notebook to be light i am currently using LG R400H running C2D T5300, 2Gb 667MHz Ram and it is 2.2Kg everytime i take my notebook out, it would be like killing me, because I live in HongKong, I needa walk a lot...(most ppl in HongKong can't drive) carrying a...
September 19th 08 02:56 AM
by LVTravel[_2_] Go to last post
1 182
vista x64 will not boot from hard drive, restore, or from dvd driv by max carson
I had a problem with my dvd-r/rw (tsst ts t633a dvd-r/rw) not being ID'ed in device manager. I used the troubeshooting procedure for the HP Touch smart IQ 506 I have and tried to do a system restore, The first restore completed but did not solve the drive problem. I went back further in the restore and the system will not boot. It's now stuck at the black screen, with the green load bars...
September 18th 08 08:01 PM
by max carson[_2_] Go to last post
4 217
HP Pocket Media Drive PD0800 as my DATA stoarage? by adamLA
Hello, Can I use my removable drive to keep all my data? So when I am home, I work and all data goes to the removable drive. When I am at the office, just plug in the drive, and save the data... and so on.... Please let me know.... or I am complicating myself? Thanks. --
September 18th 08 04:58 AM
by adamLA Go to last post
0 163
Device Manager by Viniee
Win Vista 32 Home Edition My ethernet card shows up in "other devices "in the device manager and it will not load the driver. After 3 hours on the phone with HP they said the ethernet card should be should be listed under "network adapters" so it will load the driver. I question this but does anyone know of a solution? -- Viniee anson
September 18th 08 12:19 AM
by Viniee Go to last post
3 179
Problems with external hard drive in Windows Vista by lovehunter
I have a usb external hard drive (Freecom 80GB). Ever since friday I have been unable to access this drive. It doesn't show up in my computer whereas previously it was the J drive. It doesn't show up on the disk managment thing. In device manager It has USB mass storage device and in this it has a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark in it. When you right click and select properties it...
September 18th 08 12:06 AM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
8 225
Must hold keys down to type by Bonzo[_2_]
My wife was working on a PowerPoint presentation when suddenly she couldn't type anything on her HP wireless keyboard. We disconnected, rebooted, and tried both the wireless and the regular HP Pavilion laptop keyboard with the same results. I uninstalled keyboard drivers several times, rebooted - nothing. I set to factory defaults - nothing. Today, I discovered that I can type if I hold each key...
September 17th 08 10:29 PM
by Rich. Go to last post
3 179
Windows Vista error - blue screen Page Fault in Non Paged Area by PC
I had install a fresh windows Vista ultimate with other aplicatios, but sometimes gives me a blue screen with Page Fault in Non Paged Area Any Idea of what could be?
September 17th 08 03:57 PM
by TSDK[_2_] Go to last post
8 161
CD DVD drive problem by alkires
I got an Acer laptop last year. I used it without tweaks, all defaults (system settings, bios etc...). Now, I can't install any software from a CD or DVD because it always shows a pop-up box having a title of "BURN A DISC". Also, it recognizes a CD or DVD inside the drive but when I do right click OPEN it always shows the "BURN A DISC" dialogue box. The autorun function is also disabled by the...
September 17th 08 03:30 PM
by alkires Go to last post
0 172
Intel Turbo Memory Driver problem -?? by jandarfish
My hp Pavillion dv2000 autmoatically shut down unexpectedly TWICE in the last half hour, a search by Windows to identify the problem told me it was the "Intel Turbo memory Driver" (iaStor.sys) and I could go to the Intel Corporation website for more info - do I need to dl another driver? I don't even know what this thing is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 17th 08 01:17 PM
by louisay_fr[_2_] Go to last post

From The