Hard drive gone by Jeramie
I have a Maxtor 300 GB hard drive that I formatted, installed Vista, and later decided the support just wasn't there for even basic drivers that I needed and went back to Windows XP. Unfortunately I have not been able to get any use out of this drive afterward as it is now only showing 31.49GB no matter what I do, be it formatting or anything. Luckily I had a backup 120MB Maxtor hard drive...
September 12th 06 04:03 AM
by Norman Diamond Go to last post
3 434
Maxtor Enternal HD & RC1 by Tom C
I have a Maxtor HD connected by firewire. I can access all the files on the HD fine. However when i try to remove it using the Safely Remove Hardware box it tells me it is in use and can't be stopped. I though there might be some indexing going on so i left my PC on overnight, but i still could not remove it the next day. Any ideas? Thanks Tom
September 12th 06 04:15 AM
by Norman Diamond Go to last post
5 425
Realtek problem with analog on-board.. by M. Williams
I have just installed RC1 and everything works great, except my sound. I have never had a problem out of it, even with the Beta 2, but with the new RC1 I cannot get 5.1 to work. Iv tried the auto-update that came with RC1 and it would not allow me to open or setup my speaker configuration in any way through Realtek's suplied menus and options, but I can go through the Playback Devices option...
September 12th 06 05:52 AM
by M. Williams Go to last post
1 247
Realtek Audio Problem by M. Williams
I have just installed RC1 and everything works great, except my sound. I have never had a problem out of it, even with the Beta 2, but with the new RC1 I cannot get 5.1 to work. Iv tried the auto-update that came with RC1 and it would not allow me to open or setup my speaker configuration in any way through Realtek's suplied menus and options, but I can go through the Playback Devices option...
September 12th 06 05:52 AM
by M. Williams Go to last post
1 165
Problem with realtek on-board sound by M. Williams
I have just installed RC1 and everything works great, except my sound. I have never had a problem out of it, even with the Beta 2, but with the new RC1 I cannot get 5.1 to work. Iv tried the auto-update that came with RC1 and it would not allow me to open or setup my speaker configuration in any way through Realtek's suplied menus and options, but I can go through the Playback Devices option...
September 12th 06 05:52 AM
by M. Williams Go to last post
1 204
Audio problem with Realtek driver by M. Williams
I have just installed RC1 and everything works great, except my sound. I have never had a problem out of it, even with the Beta 2, but with the new RC1 I cannot get 5.1 to work. Iv tried the auto-update that came with RC1 and it would not allow me to open or setup my speaker configuration in any way through Realtek's suplied menus and options, but I can go through the Playback Devices option...
September 12th 06 05:53 AM
by M. Williams Go to last post
1 193
Realtek problem with analog on-board.. by M. Williams
I have just installed RC1 and everything works great, except my sound. I have never had a problem out of it, even with the Beta 2, but with the new RC1 I cannot get 5.1 to work. Iv tried the auto-update that came with RC1 and it would not allow me to open or setup my speaker configuration in any way through Realtek's suplied menus and options, but I can go through the Playback Devices option...
September 12th 06 05:53 AM
by M. Williams Go to last post
1 185
Wireless USB and/or PC Cards that work with Vista RC1 by Brent
Hi, My Dell D800 internal Wireless (Intel 2200BG) doesn't work with Vista and I am looking for USB or PC Card solution that will work. All help is appreciated!! Thank you, Brent
September 12th 06 06:41 AM
by Brent Go to last post
2 220
PEimg doesn't add offline drivers to WinPE image by Or Tsemah
I've tried adding driver using the command: Peimg /inf=c:\WDM\Driver.inf c:\mount\windows and got the result: PEIMG failed to complete the operation with status code 0x80070002. Anyone tried this in RC1 ?
September 12th 06 01:10 PM
by Or Tsemah Go to last post
0 274
Bluetooth by Joel Johnson
I've paired some bluetooth devices with my Dell Precision M70 and I have no idea how how to make vista connect to them. I have paired some wireless headphones (Audio Sync) and a Motorola DC800 (Also "Audio Sync."). My phone is paired to. But for the life of me I don't know how to connect to these device. I can only pair and then viw the services they offer. Joel Johnson
September 12th 06 02:37 PM
by Joel Johnson Go to last post
6 495
RC1 ATI X800XT Secondary Update Eats Vista by Joshua
CAUTION -- If you have an OEM version of the ATI X800 XT video card (ei: from Dell) I would strongly suggest that you DO NOT use the ATI drivers or the Windows update secondary drivers....when I did, BSD occurs on start up.
September 12th 06 03:35 PM
by Joshua Go to last post
0 269
Vista RC1 64 Bit by AnthonyV60
Hi...downloaded and built dvd as instructed...ran the dvd...setup starts..then informs me that my system is not a 64 bit system...I have a new Compaq Presario with an AMD Athalon 64 Bit 3500+. I am trying to test Vista using Microsoft Virual PC in using a clean install....Any help would be appreciated. Thanx in advance AnthonV60
September 12th 06 03:53 PM
by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec Go to last post
1 196
Alienware Area 51-M Notebook by Mark Rozanski
All drivers except for a "Base System Device" load up. This started happening with pre-RC1 and continued with RC1. Previous versions installed everything. Any thoughts? Thanks in Advance.
September 12th 06 04:14 PM
by Mark Rozanski Go to last post
0 194
Out of Rage - 36.3Khz / 34 Hz - ATI X1900XTX by Beta Tester
I am experiencing the same problem using the ATI X1900XTX. I get all the way thru the installation of Vista RC-1, and then the screen turns black. I then reboot the system and perform the repair from the installation Disk, and it is unable to resolve the error. My screen displays the error: Out of Range - 36.3Khz / 34Hz At this point I am unable to continue. However, the machine works...
September 12th 06 04:31 PM
by Beta Tester Go to last post
0 236
Dell Latitude D410 w/ Intel 915GM Graphics Chipset Display Problem by David
Running Vista RC1 32-bit System is a dell latitude d410 w. intel 915gm display chipset. Problem is that the screen can only be set at a maximum of 1024x768 under resolution for the PnP monitor and that it can not be increased to the native resolution of 1280x1024 when using the pnp monitor, there is another monitor listed, the default monitor and when selected it will allow me to change the...
September 12th 06 04:34 PM
by David Go to last post
0 193
LCD Refresh out of range by Beta Tester
am experiencing the same problem using the ATI X1900XTX. I get all the way thru the installation of Vista RC-1, and then the screen turns black. I then reboot the system and perform the repair from the installation Disk, and it is unable to resolve the error. My screen displays the error: Out of Range - 36.3Khz / 34Hz At this point I am unable to continue. However, the machine works...
September 12th 06 04:54 PM
by Terry Go to last post
1 177
HP scanjet 4600 in RC1 (no driver) by Jason
I have an HP scanjet 4600 and am having problems making it work in RC1. It worked fine in Beta2 though. There doesnt seem to be any HP software that works in RC1 even though the win xp software worked in Beta2. The OS originally used the driver for win xp which worked fine before. Now it gives an error when I try to use it even in the windows fax/scan ui. It can do a preview scan but if I...
September 12th 06 05:17 PM
by Jason Go to last post
0 196
Belkin Pre-N Wireless Desktop Adapter by Chris Hilton
Does anyone have drivers for the Belkin Pre-N Wireless Desktop Adapter under Vista (RC1), or know how to get this card working? -- Chris
September 12th 06 06:16 PM
by Chris Hilton Go to last post
0 201
network printer install by ghislain
to share my experience with you,itry to install share printer on laptop call beebee to my computer called starduss (vista rc1 )i have to stay in front of starduss for a 6min for enjoy my new shared printer ,by opposition i installed this same network printer on another computer(premis) network xp in 2min timed.I thing microsoft have to work on speed of vista configuration who is very slow...
September 12th 06 07:43 PM
by ghislain Go to last post
0 230
Code 43 error on ati by Isaac \Pliqui\ Abouganem
I still have this error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)", after a couple of months with Vista Beta 2 5384, i never get to work aero, i was using XP drivers. But i just downloaded the RC1 beta drivers from ATI and nothing, its really fustrating. None of Vista drivers worked for me, Windows Vista default, ATI beta 2 and now ATI RC1. I think is my...
September 12th 06 07:49 PM
by Isaac \Pliqui\ Abouganem Go to last post

From The