keyboard not working by Afua
I'm using the On-Screen Keyboard right now. I was trying to login to my Maplestory account but when I tried to type nothing worked. I've tried restarting many times but that didn't work. I have Windows Vista 32-bit Home Basic, the LED status on the Num Lock is on and it doesn't seem to turn off even with the On-Screen Keyboard.
June 15th 07 06:29 PM
by freddy Go to last post
2 144
wplayer freezes by ag
got new ltop, wmp 11 freezes at 19% when I try to burn cds, have no clue what is wrong, ltop is 3 weeks old thx
January 17th 08 06:51 PM
by ag Go to last post
0 105
USB device appears locked by AG
I suddenly seem to have my USB storage devices locked on my laptop. The thumbdrive is accessible on other machines with XP but my vista laptop says the device is locked. It appears in 'my computer' with a red ring and line through it as does the DVD drive. How can I unlock them? Very frustrating.
December 5th 07 08:41 PM
by Zander C Go to last post
7 244
error 1024 by aga
Hi, I get this error message : hardware error :1024 what do I need to do to rectify this please. regards aga
January 12th 08 06:22 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
4 136
blue screen problem by aga151
Hi, Having a problem when using the remove hardware safely, this works on everything except the modem,when trying to remove the phone connection I get the safe to remove and get a blue screen when doing so, anyone got any suggestions as to what might be wrong. regards aga
July 5th 08 10:54 AM
by aga151 Go to last post
2 168
Device Monitor Appliaction by aga151
Hi, I'm getting an eror message on my Advent laptop on Vista stating that the Device Monitor Application is not running. Where and how can I start this task. regards aga
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 21st 09 11:36 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
27 824
How can I reset external monitor settings? by agaethwe
Hello everyone! I find myself in a very frustrating predicament. Yesterday I tried connecting my laptop to my 46" Samsung TV (LN46A650) using a top-end VGA cable, and it worked beautifully out-of-the-box. I was able to get a resolution of 1280 x 768 mirrored, and, more importantly, 1920 x 1080 when using only the external monitor. It looked gorgeous, and I should've left well enough alone....
July 8th 09 10:25 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
3 278
Updating video card drivers HELP by Agent
I just downloaded the latest nvidia drivers....After uninstalling the old ones from Vista....vista automatically installs the default drivers thus the only way for me to update is to install the drivers on top of vista's default drivers. is there a way to disable the auto update/install feature on vista so i can update my video card drivers with the latest? ty
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 7th 08 05:58 AM
by viers Go to last post
13 344
S3 Resume hard drives dissapear by agent86oz
This is probably a coincidence but since SP1 about a month ago S3 resume occationaly a drive will dissapear with huge event log. ::I have 3 SATA drives Gigabyte P35-DS4. Intermittently the 2nd and 3rd drive disappear random from windows but not at the same time with an event log showing drive has dissappeard from the system without being prepared for removal. If I reboot the drive that...
May 30th 08 10:53 AM
by agent86oz Go to last post
0 148
DVD/CD ROM disk detect by Agwan
I recently installed vista and Virtual cd 6 on my computer, but now my cd drive does not detect when a disk is inserted or ejected, after a while it seems to allow me to view the files but it usualy askes me about burning a cd when i try to view the files, also note that if the drive has recongnised a disk like a music cd, when viewing a different disk it will try to open other inserted...
June 4th 07 01:41 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 189
External DVD RW Not Working by ah85
Hi!!! I have purchased a LG DVD-RW (IDE) and got it fitted in case so that I can use it externally by USB. Vista (Ultimate) detects it and even shows icon in MY Computer also. But then I try to copy data from disc or try to burn a disc it works for a while and then gets disconnected. But it works fine in Windows Xp. Pls help me...
March 7th 09 05:49 PM
by ah85 Go to last post
0 133
Sony DVD drive install issues by AHB
After upgrading to Vista Ultimate 32bit, niether of my Sony DVD/RW drives work. DRU820A and DRU830A Reviewing Control Panel Devices I found that it is loading cdrom.sys and reports the driver did not load properly. I tried upgrading the driver but Vista just keeps telling me its the latest driver. Any ideas how to fix this?
February 3rd 08 09:35 PM
by fishinbuddy509 Go to last post
3 147
Can I use Transcend DOM as a "readyboost" device? by ahebra
A company called transcend manufactures a device called "Disk on Module", basically it is a flash memory module that plugs into the ATA/IDE socket of a motherboard. I have one with 4GB. Can I use it as a readyboost device to improve Windows Vista boot time?
April 27th 07 10:02 PM
by Robert Moir Go to last post
1 116
Connect Microtek Scanmaker 4800 to PC w/Windows Vista by ahho
I have a Microtek Scanmaker 4800, Type MRS-1200 T48U. I believe this unit is designed to function w/o the use of a driver and it connects to the PC via Microteck Wizard 5 v5.79 software.? I now have a new PC and am trying to get it working. This software is installed in my both my old and new PC (I have the disk). With my old PC a Microteck Scanner icon would light up and direct me to scan...
May 12th 08 11:56 PM
by onewave4me Go to last post
2 164
Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family by Ahmed Hassan
Hi I got a new laptop which is Acer Aspire 5720 I am having a problem changing the hardware acceleration in the Graphics Card of my Laptop.some of the fonts in the boxes of the program don't appear the problem appeared before in different versions of windows but was solved by decresing the hardware acceleration to the first notch but in winows vista changing the hardware acceleration is disabled.
August 14th 07 02:13 PM
by Ahmed Hassan Go to last post
5 96
Xerox Wide Format Printer 7142 by AhmedHF
"AhmedHF" wrote in message ... Printer driver was not installed Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000002)
May 19th 09 08:07 AM
by AhmedHF Go to last post
0 261
sec master hard disk s.m.a.r.t. status bad fix by AhrimanSefid
Hi. Not Show Drive HDD 1 Tr. Why Error: sec master hard disk s.m.a.r.t. status bad fix. Plz Help For Fixed. -- AhrimanSefid
December 3rd 09 06:44 PM
by smlunatick Go to last post
4 228
sec master hard disk s.m.a.r.t. status bad fix by AhrimanSefid
Hi. Not Show Drive HDD 1 Tr. Why Error: sec master hard disk s.m.a.r.t. status bad fix. Plz Help For Fixed. -- AhrimanSefid
November 28th 09 10:46 PM
by AhrimanSefid Go to last post
0 183
Upgrade by ahsanalishahid
Dear Friends!! I want some suggestions from you. My PC Specs are following: Intel Core2Duo E6550@ 2.33x2 GHZ 4MB L2 Cache 160GB HDD SATAII Seagate Intel Desktop Board DG33FB 1 GB DDR2 @667Mhz Ram casing with 300 supply
May 1st 08 07:17 AM
by Gaara666 Go to last post
2 115
SD card error code 38 by ah_koh
Hi there, Does anyone know how to rectify the above problem? An SD card once removed from the slot cannot be accessed by vista again until the PC is rebooted. If you go to device manager and note its property for the device, vista will show the following message : Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code...
June 19th 08 02:55 PM
by ah_koh Go to last post

From The