bluetooth and Infra red by vgavhane
Hi, I have ACER ASPIRE 5630. I do not know whether it has bluetooth hardware or not? Also, its INFRARED PORT is not working. I tried to enable IR port through BIOS settings but it is disabled and can not enable it. can anybody help me.. Thanx
September 17th 08 07:52 AM
by Galen[_2_] Go to last post
1 211
Problems with external hard drive. by unknown[_2_]
I have a usb external hard drive (Freecom 80GB). Ever since friday I have been unable to access this drive. It doesn't show up in my computer whereas previously it was the J drive. It doesn't show up on the disk managment thing. In device manager It has USB mass storage device and in this it has a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark in it. When you right click and select properties...
September 17th 08 01:29 AM
by bob[_12_] Go to last post
2 213
Audio problem with new install on my laptop by fmtnic
I just did a clean install of vista on my gateway 4530gz laptop and I have no audio. the device manager says its working and that I have the most current driver available (intel (r)82801db/dbm ac '97 audio controller). also the visual eq on the volume control is showing activity when I play audio files but nothing from the speakers or headphones. any help? Ive scoured the net for any...
September 17th 08 01:11 AM
by crs22 Go to last post
1 153
New hard drive not showing up!!! by scubafanatic
I recently bought an extra internal hard drive for my computer - which runs windows vista. I installed it and put the power cable and SATA cable in and it shows up in Device Manager. But it doesn't show up in my computer as an additional hard drive. I believe I have to format it or something. How do I do that? --...
September 16th 08 11:38 PM
by JerryM Go to last post
3 255
About Vista Format by trikat
I found a Microsoft help and support site that states Vista format command writes zeros with a full format. 'Change in the behavior of the format command in Windows Vista' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941961) Is a full format ran by default when quick format is not checked? Also is formatting the drive from right clicking on the drive and from computer management the same thing? Is the...
September 16th 08 11:04 PM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
1 187
vx-6000 by space bunny
hi everyone, it seems that after installing sp1 on my vista machine (x64) my webcam isn't reconised anymore. i tried several versions of lifecam (after uninstalling the old versions) but everytime when installing is finished and i'm told to insert the cam something goes wrong with installing the drivers for the visual part, the driver for the audiopart is installed correctly. does this ring...
September 16th 08 06:44 PM
by mansrm81 Go to last post
1 211
WdiSystemHost ServiceHang by NormCameron
I need some help from the learned gents (and Ladies) who frequent these forums. I checked my problem report and discovered that for the last 2 weeks the following problem has been logged, but not reported, on startup. "WdiSystemHost ServiceHang". Could you guys tell me, what is this? Is it critical? and, do you know what could cause it? Greatly appreciate your advice. -- NormCameron
September 16th 08 09:40 AM
by NormCameron Go to last post
1 192
How to remove device driver files? by james
I need to experiment with different versions of a display driver because the microsoft default driver has missing functionality and the OEM version is not vista certified and the latest XP version does not work, so I need to try the previous versions and some modded drivers as well. Each time I installed and then uninstalled a driver, some files get deposited in the windows folder that never...
September 16th 08 09:33 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 179
How to make calibration color profile stick in '2nd identity'? by Imageman[_2_]
Vista 64bit | Samsung 205BW calibrated Displays | Spyder2 / Colorvision updated for Vista 64bit | Two Identities PROBLEM I have two identities on my Vista PC. The main identity is for general activity and the second is for business use. I calibrated my dislays in my main identity and the calibration works fine, and looks great. However, when I log on to my second identity the...
September 15th 08 09:28 PM
by Nogginsaked Go to last post
1 183
ATIKMDAG.SYS by mehuh
@Lum: So, it sounds like if I did get a new monitor that was successfully recognized by Windows, that it probably won't help. Thanks for clarifying that. -- mehuh
September 15th 08 05:31 PM
by mehuh Go to last post
2 195
Keystrokes by Franathome
For some reason, my @ keystroke comes up at " and my " comes up as @. How do I correct this please. -- Franathome
September 15th 08 10:59 AM
by roy69[_196_] Go to last post
2 176
Vista Ultimate x64 and sleep by Vampir
I use sleep function daily and the most annoying part is that it disables my usb stick Kingston Secure Privacy Edition 4GB after being woken up. In order to re-enable the device I have to phsically unplug and plug it. I use this device to store important data daily and its not ment to be removed. Is there an option to disable automatic disable of the device? Or re-enable it without physically...
September 15th 08 10:35 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 156
ATIKMDAG.SYS by mehuh
So I decided to finally give in and call MS since I wasn't getting anywhere with this. Unfortunately, they too were unable to determine the cause of the problem. Since this problem only occurs randomly on my computer, they informed me that they were unable to do anything else. However, they pointed something out that I found interesting. Basically, since I use a high resolution LCD monitor...
September 14th 08 07:52 PM
by Lum Go to last post
3 196
Realtek HD Audio issues in Vista Ultimate 64 by malkman
Installed a new motherboard today and for some reason the HD audio is fouling up. It plays music and detects inputs just fine. The problem is strange interference issues. when i move a window around (by mouse or keyboard), use the start menu, or even scroll in a window using firefox/IE it gives off static. not very noticeable at first, but one you hear it, you can't get it out of your...
September 14th 08 03:30 AM
by Spirit Go to last post
3 170
DWA-547 D-link Wireless by Dan
Hi, I have a DWA-547 Wireless adaptator from d-link. The drivers for xp are bad for Vista RTM. Do you have the same problem with this PCI wireless card ? Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 14th 08 02:52 AM
by Rick Nichols Go to last post
32 667
ESD & Data Recovery by David Halpern
Okay like an Idiot I was trying to add a 4th RAM DIMM so I could have 4 GB of RAM. And sure enough it was 3 AM and the computer was on and went dead as I was trying to do this. When I try to bootup from that disk it was the master HD it has bootup errors and I can't access when I bootup with other drives.
September 13th 08 11:52 PM
by David Halpern Go to last post
0 192
Iphone 3G crashing on pc by injics
Hi everybody...I just would like to share something with all of yours... If anyone of yours is attempting to install the Iphone 3G on your Windows Vista PC, make sure to uninstall all webcam controllers that you might have installed. It looks like this new iPhone is clashing against webcam controllers. I have no idea why this happens, but believe me: when I first purchased my iPhone 3G two days...
September 13th 08 08:14 PM
by Nogginsaked Go to last post
2 277
How to revert a USB 1.1 port to USB 2.0 port. by satadru
Dear All, I need your help. Following are the facts of the case in seriatim, to facilitate in easier understanding of the situation: 1. You see I have Vista OS installed on my PC. 2. My PC has 4 USB ports on the rear-side, which I know for sure are USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Ports. Before facing this issue, I could connect any Hi-Speed USB device to any of these ports and have data transferred at high...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 13th 08 07:53 AM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
12 423
Quad core CPU problem by calitoxs
I have had vista sp1 for a while now and have just recived a new Q6600 i hace installed it and the bios identifies it correctly. However device manager still thinks I have my E4400 installed see picture... http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk73/calitoxs/Untitled222.jpg I am not sure what is wrong or why it thinks I still have my dual core installed. Any help would be nice.
September 12th 08 11:11 PM
by calitoxs[_2_] Go to last post
2 180
Vista x64 will not boot with 4GB of RAM by scmiles
Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe AMD Athlon X2 64 3800+ 4 x 1GB DDR nVidia nForce version 4 SLI 16 AMD BIOS is latest from Asus. After I enable the memory remap (hole) switch, the BIOS will see 4096MB of RAM, but windows will never boot. It gets to the scrolling icon screen for awhile then reboots. Also, safe mode will not boot.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 12th 08 06:55 PM
by SgtBaxter Go to last post

From The