  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Desktop Display/UPDATE, WON'T START, HELP PLEASE : ) by Lucy
Well, now it seems that I have a much worse issue. I was all set to do a system recovery from the hard drive partition (not a big deal, I have done it plenty of times) Had everything backed up and was ready to go. I first tried start/recovery manager/recovery manager. My computer went through the motions, but never started by itself. I waited for a long time and finally shut it off and...
January 26th 09 03:09 PM
by Lucy Go to last post
0 143
Desktop Elite Keyboard Scrollwheel by Fallstar
Over a year ago, I bought the Desktop Elite Keyboard/Mouse combo. I paid $100 for it, mainly for the keyboard scroll wheel feature (left side of keyboard). It worked fine while I had Windows XP...but after upgrading to Vista 32-bit, the scroll wheel no longer works at all. I have tried everything in the Intellitype settings, but no luck. The installed driver/software is Intellitype 6.1. How...
January 2nd 08 07:46 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
1 101
Desktop Graphics v 3D gaming performance indexes seem at odds by Michael Ward
How is it that my Samsung M40+ laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 can score 2.0 for graphics, and 3.6 for gaming graphics? Why is there such a large discrepancy? Can anyone explain how the scoring system can produce such different score for seemingly related stats?
March 17th 09 11:38 AM
by stubby Go to last post
1 170
Devcon.exe for vista? by Mark Barnes (Jao)
Hi I need to script the disabling of some devices in Vista but neither the 32bit nor 64bit version of devcon.exe downloadable from the site will work with vista. Anyone know of one that does work in vista, or any other CLI utility that can disable and enable devices? Cheers
December 30th 08 07:06 AM
by ifish Go to last post
9 337
Developer question: Listing installed devices on Windows Vista by Jon E. Scott
Don't see a Vista Development newgroup nor can I find anything on this in MSDN... We have a custom application that lists all devices installed on the system by enumerating the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum registry key. Basically we look for the "Control" key then grab the "DeviceDesc", "Mfg", etc. values from the key above it. This has worked fine in all NT-based machines to date. ...
January 3rd 07 07:41 PM
by Jon E. Scott Go to last post
0 254
Device Manager by Viniee
Win Vista 32 Home Edition My ethernet card shows up in "other devices "in the device manager and it will not load the driver. After 3 hours on the phone with HP they said the ethernet card should be should be listed under "network adapters" so it will load the driver. I question this but does anyone know of a solution? -- Viniee anson
September 18th 08 12:19 AM
by Viniee Go to last post
3 183
device auto installer problem! by Bugra Keskin
Whatever USB Device I plug into the USB Port of a Windows Vista Business installed PC, it does not autoinstall and it directly starts to search the device on the internet. Why?
January 21st 08 03:00 PM
by Bugra Keskin Go to last post
0 176
Device Cannot Start (Code 10) by Tibelian
The subject line has been my life's misery for the past 3 days trying to get my Lenovo T60 to recognize the Zune Music Player. I have tried - reinstalling the software, uninstalling the USB Hubs, spent hours on the phone being a tennis ball in a grand slam between Zune Helpline, Microsoft Helpline and the Lenovo/ IBM helpline with each passing the buck/ blame to the other. The device and...
July 29th 07 03:18 AM
by Tibelian Go to last post
4 115
Device cannot start for iPod 30GB Home Premium x64 by AsYLuM-DeMoN
I've looked everywhere I possibly can to find any registry or driver fix and nothing. I have the latest version of iTunes, and SP1 and I had to build a whole second computer just for iTunes, which I didn't like cause I then had less then 3TB on my main computer, lol. I have tried uninstalling the iPod, reinstalling, formatting the iPod on another computer, anything you can really think of I...
March 19th 08 12:11 AM
by AsYLuM-DeMoN Go to last post
0 206
device cdrom has bad block by John A Grandy[_2_]
Vista Ultimate SP 1 I find this error present intermittently in my laptop's event log : The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.
January 25th 09 02:36 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 190
Device Center and Win Mobile 2003 Phone Edition by rbueno
Hi everyone...I have an HP ipaq 6365 pocket PC Phone, with Win Mob 2003 Phone Edition. I´m actually have Windows Vista rc2 with Mobile Device Center Beta 3 (updated) so, when I connect my ipaq, Device Center does not recognize the device. So, is device center beta 3 compatible with Mobile 2003 Phone Edition?, Somebody did try like me with another results? Thanks
October 31st 06 02:27 PM
by rbueno Go to last post
0 140
Device Centre freezes at startup screen on vista premium by Paul[_3_]
I have been having this issue for a couple months now... When I plug in my ipaq 2490 to my laptop using usb, the device centre freezes at the startup screen and won't go any further. I am using the windows firewall with avast 4.7 pro anti-virus. I don't see these two causing the problem because this was still an issue when I had the trail version on Bitdefender IS 2008.... I also had Vista...
November 5th 07 07:07 PM
by Paul[_3_] Go to last post
0 113
Device connections via bluetooth or USB in Windows Vista Home prem by buyslake
I am having lots of problems with Windows Vista. I havea Stowaway think outside bluetooth mouse. It connects to Windows Vista but does not work. I also have a HP Ipaq 6945 pocket pc, it will connect to the laptop but I can not see it in the computer anyway, not in windows explorer, nor windows mobile device center, nor sync center. Why are my devices connecting but nothing is working! ...
February 28th 07 02:57 PM
by buyslake Go to last post
0 276
device detector by Phil 12345
when vista is booting up,I get the message ''device detector is not working'' .. Windows cannot find a solution to the problem.Any ideas?
December 23rd 07 10:38 PM
by drmayeda Go to last post
4 121
Device doesn't reconnect to WMDC after soft reset. by Bob
When the device (ATT/Cingular 8525) is connected (and synced) if the device is soft reset, the device will not reconnected to WMDC. Is there something that can be done to correct this?
October 29th 07 06:32 PM
by Bob Go to last post
0 114
Device Drive by Nanainatl
I have an emachine running Vista. When installing some new software I believe the device driver for the DVD+/-R/W/RAM/CD-R/W was corrupted. Windows no longer recognizes the driver (E). E doesn't even show up under Computer. It tells me that Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware (TST.corpCD/DVDW TS-H652D ATA device). I click on check solution but nothing comes up....
February 1st 08 07:19 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
1 132
Device Driver by Bellaar
Hi i Have Vista Home Basic 32bit windows sometimes tries to find Device Driver but cant find, it tells me to look for the manufactures web site. Where do i find the manufacture? Computer is going ok. i was told if going ok dont worry:confused: Had computer for 10mths ok, new with tech stuff. -- Bellaar ------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 27th 08 01:12 AM
by Andrew Murray[_6_] Go to last post
2 353
Device driver automatic detect and install by Comp Science junky
On my windows vista (home prem.) hp laptop, I have a device that seems to be breaking. Its my webcam thats built into the laptop, and it keeps poping in and out of being plug in and disconnected. This is all fine and what not (cause they included the webcam for free) except that it makes that annoying (but useful) little sound that tells you that something has been disconnected and...
June 21st 08 09:52 PM
by Pavel A. Go to last post
4 203
Device Driver Issue by Maurice
Have used a digital camera for a few years. Until this week, Visat Ultimate has recognized the device. I am now prompted in a panel that appears to select the device from a list that only has the name Xerox. The only other option is to supply a disc... none came with the camera because it was buitl to be recognized. I did however try to point to system32. The required file is...
November 15th 09 03:07 AM
by Bob Go to last post
4 215
Device Driver Issue by Maurice
Have used a digital camera for a few years. Until this week, Visat Ultimate has recognized the device. I am now prompted in a panel that appears to select the device from a list that only has the name Xerox. The only other option is to supply a disc... none came with the camera because it was buitl to be recognized. I did however try to point to system32. The required file is...
November 14th 09 12:05 PM
by Maurice Go to last post

From The