Is there a way to...? by elbeasto
..make it so that my RIAD drives don't appear in the 'safely remove hardware' list? The safely remove hardware icon has only appeared since installing nforce chipset drivers. Thanks -- elbeasto
September 9th 08 06:22 PM
by elbeasto Go to last post
0 202
Hp scanner won't work on vista by Sheryl
I just bought the HP photosmart C5280 All in one printer and it works great except for printing documents using the software that came with the printer. I don't think the software is defective because I installed it on my XP computer so see what would happen and it works fine but when I try and scan a document on my Vista computer, I get a Windows error message saying hpqsnvw has stopped...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 9th 08 04:28 PM
by cnicely[_2_] Go to last post
10 394
Autoplay not working by tanuj_chadha[_8_]
Hi All, I am using windows vista home premium SP1. And whenever i put in a CD or a DVD in the DVD +/- rw. The auto play window would not longer appear. And the issue started 5 days ago when I re-installed windows (again). I have not installed any anti-virus software or anti spyware. Or any burning software. Its frustrating to open the disc through computer. I have checked the registry entries,...
September 9th 08 04:00 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
1 229
IntelliType, IntelliPoint software won't install or uninstall by Scott
I have a customer that upgraded from XP Home to Vista Home Premium. He did not uninstall the intellitype 2.2 or Intellipoint 4.1 software first. Now when I try to uninstall either using add remove programs I get the error "This version of IntelliPoint (or IntelliType) software preceded the release of the operating system you are running....." and the uninstall fails. I have followed all...
September 9th 08 03:50 PM
by mxwebb[_2_] Go to last post
4 215
bluetooth icon keeps reappearing... by mukooh
how can i disable this icon from permanently appearing in the taskbar..have unchecked in it msconfig..have deleted driver in control panel...have uninstalled two vaio wifi setup programs, but icon keeps reappearing...would like for it to just go away....don't like having icons in taskbar that i don't use...many thanks in advance... -- mukooh
September 9th 08 01:20 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
1 224
BUG: HP printer driver is reinstalled when PC returns from hiberna by BillD
HP printer driver is reinstalled every time my PC returns from hibernation. Is it a Vista's bug or an HP driver's bug?
September 9th 08 11:01 AM
by pguroo Go to last post
1 218
Mass Storage Controller by pineapplek
Hi Guys I am having some problem with my laptop. Currently i installed my lappy from vista home basic x32 to home premium x64. However because of the bit difference, i have to search for the drivers. All seems fine except for this "mass storage controller" which i can't find the drivers online and i have no idea what it is. Can some kind soul please help?
September 9th 08 06:07 AM
by pineapplek Go to last post
5 554
What Does This Mean!?!?! by andy t
I think I have been told what causes this problem already, but I just need clarity and one of you experts will clear this up in no time. Every time I turn on my laptop PC, in the "Start Menu", it seems that all of the Icons have changed positions or some new icons have taken the place of previous Icons that were there the previous time I used the laptop. It seems like whatever program or...
September 8th 08 10:42 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
3 223
Buffalo DriveStation not recognised by Vista by TomnJo
Hi, Anyone any experience of getting Vista to recognise a Buffalo DriveStation Combo? Vista won't recognise mine whether I connect it via the USB or the FireWire cable. The drive is supposed to be Plug-and-Play under Vista - no such luck!!! I haven't had any problems with any other devices ... plug-and-play has always worked before. I'm about ready to give up and return the drive to the...
September 8th 08 02:53 PM
by JohnFitz[_2_] Go to last post
6 208
New HD with Vista Business by edward7458
I trying to change my 80G HD WITH A 500 G HD. I made a complete backup of my computer (5 DVDs). The new HD was unable to boot up with the backup DVDs. How does one replace a HD in vista business? Thanks -- edward7458
September 8th 08 12:19 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 160
blue screen!!!!!!!!!! by No Name
HI, i had 6 bluescreens and i dont know why that occurs because it appears too fast that i cant look what the bluescreen is about and i contacted my computer manufacture and they only tell me to reinstall windows vista and i have done that 2 times, what else can i do?..........can someone help me please?,,,,,,i have an emachines w5233 computer with pentium D processor of 3.00 GHZ and 1GB of...
September 8th 08 09:53 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
5 242
Problems Installing Speedtouch USb 330 modem on new PC with Vista Home Premium by Vista Newbie
I bought a new laptop with win Vista Home Premium, preloaded. Modem wouldnt work to connect to net. So after several attempts and calls to my ISP technical support dept, in order to correct the problems and having no joy, apart from they are sending out a new disk and modem to install. Which could take 3 weeks. So, I downloaded the drivers on disk from Thomson, getting v4.1 for usb 330 speedtouch...
September 8th 08 01:54 AM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT] Go to last post
3 220
Vista Error "No Disk" 0xc0000013 by [email protected]
Does anybody know what this is? 0xc0000013 parameters 0x761692A0 that is the error code and the first parameter but this proved fruitless in a google search all i can say that might be happening to cause this, is the printer seems to try and "wiggle" in standby. (LOL, funny images) apart from that nothing is apparent, i have tried changing drive names, but i
September 7th 08 11:54 PM
by skeetter Go to last post
2 165
Host to Host USB Connections by Patrick Whittle
I bought a new computer and I want to transfer all my files from my old computer. Does Windows Vista support host-to-host? As soon as I plugged my USB cable into the computers, I was asked for a device driver. Device drivers are a pretty standard thing, but, is host-to-host not supported at Microsoft now?
September 7th 08 09:13 PM
by Patrick Whittle Go to last post
3 183
Media Center does not recognize 2nd TV Tuner by dkinnett
I have a Velocity Micro system running Windows Vista Ultimate. I have 4 TV tuners installed. Two of them are ATI DCT (Digital Cable Tuners) that accomodate cable cards, and the other two are ATI 650 Pro tuners (which are analog). I ran Media Center set up. The first DCT was recognized and works correctly. I have tried a million different things and I cannot get Media Center to recognize the 2nd...
September 7th 08 06:26 PM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
3 287
Bluetooth devices (headset and mouse) by Jovana[_3_]
Hi everyone, I have a bit unusual problem with my Bluetooth Devices. I’m using *Bluetooth mouse* and sometime *Bluetooth headset* (for skype). Unfortunately these two Bluetooth Devices can’t work at the same time. If I’m talking on the skype using my bluetooth headset my mouse stops working for certain period of time then starts working again and so on and on. (Couple of seconds working,...
September 6th 08 08:02 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
1 130
5.1 surround problems by Ben Hartley[_2_]
I have a problem with my 5.1 speaker system in that the front left and right speakers do not work when my speakers are configured for a 5.1 set-up. However, they do produce sound when it's configured on Windows as a 7.1 set-up. Any ideas? Many thanks in anticipation Ben
September 6th 08 08:01 PM
by Ben Hartley[_2_] Go to last post
0 181
Toshiba 250gb External Hard Drive by alexctt
Hey, i have had this hard drive for over a month now, and it is where i store my media. I changed the music folder location to the hard drive, as well as the pictures, videos, and downloads. All of my files are still there, but in my Alex folder, the music, video, picture, and downloads folders do not show up. The only way to access them is if I go to my computer and click on the drive. Can...
September 6th 08 05:21 PM
by alexctt Go to last post
0 189
Graphics cards crash when using 3D by Stupot[_2_]
I have just installed Vista home premium on a new drive in a computer that used to run Windows XP X64 without any problems. My graphics are ok until I run 3D games even the simple ones supplied with Vista cause the drivers to keep resetting, the screen to pixelate into millions of coloured pixels and eventualy the blue screen of death. I bought a new NVidia 8600gt Super+ 1GB graphics card in...
September 6th 08 01:34 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
6 306
Removing network printers by RBM
Hello, On my system I once installed two networkprinters what I have forgotten all about. Now I cannot access the printers and I want them been removed from my system. Every time I say remove (even with administrator rights) the system tells me that it is not possible to remove the printer because it cannot establish a connection to the printer. Does anyone know how I could remove the...
September 6th 08 01:25 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_1116_] Go to last post

From The