cd/dvd drive doesnt always read disc (pioneer) by CWM
i am using a pioneer drive with windows vista. if i load a disc just after start up it will work, but once i take it out the drive is unable to load another disc (even the same one again). Windows will hang if i try to shut it down with a disc in the drive and i have to take the disc out and it will turn off right away. if i turn off the computer off for about ten minutes it will read a...
May 22nd 07 02:24 AM
by CWM Go to last post
0 101
Driver for Hawkings Hi-Gainâ„¢ USB Wireless-G Dish Adapter by CW_CPH_DK
Hi all, i just bought the device as i need some extra strength on my HTPC to reach the network. http://www.hawkingtech.com/products/productlist.php?CatID=32&FamID=60&ProdID=280 (of course) there are no Vista drivers on the cd, but on the Hawkings website there are none either.
November 22nd 06 03:29 PM
by CW_CPH_DK Go to last post
2 147
Logitech & HP Scanner by cyanna
That drivers will be available by the time Vista ships. They don't have to help with the testing of Vista...... "Mark D. VandenBerg" wrote: Microsoft does not write the device drivers for products made by other manufacturers. What were the responses from Logitech and from HP when you asked them when they were going to support you, their customer, by helping you with their product?
September 3rd 06 08:55 AM
by cyanna Go to last post
0 491
PnP-X hardware by cyanna
Anybody knows about any WSD-based printers or storage devices? Or otherwise PnP-X enabled.......
September 10th 06 05:34 PM
by cyanna Go to last post
0 413
magnifier by Cyberbuckie
Using Vista Premium Home ed'n, 32 bit. Occasionally (all too frequently) the rectangular magnifier thingy comes on, unbidden. I hate it and it drives me crazy to be unable to eliminate it--I have to reboot. Control panel tells me how to start it but not how to stop it or turn it off permanently. In fact I'm not even sure WHY it starts--location of cursor? Can find nothing useful under "help". TIA...
April 21st 09 02:07 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
4 207
Slow SD read and write by cybergoobr
I have a 15-1 memory card reader on and HP M7330N. Since I upgraded to Ultimate 64bit, the SD card reader is extremely slow reading or writing. I have tried several different sizes and brands with no change. Any ideas?? I hear there is a hotfix for this issue, but I have yet to find it. WHen I try to find a new driver..vista says the best one is already installed..UGH!
February 17th 08 09:21 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 129
CyberLink Background Capture Service by CyberLink Background Capture Service
My computer send me a mistake, it´s take a long time to connect to wifi when i start the computer. de mistake an solucion programm tell me that this CBCS don´t respond at start
July 17th 07 09:56 AM
by freddy Go to last post
3 134
usb slows boot up by cyberwasp
Recently bought a quad core machine with vista premium. Hooked up usb keyboard and mouse. If I hook up anything else to usb, "hub, printer, external drive," the machine takes up to 3 to 5 minutes to boot. I've read somewhere that this is a known bug in Vista but can't seem to verify. After system boots everything works fine. Any ideas would be appreciated
July 6th 07 01:46 PM
by cyberwasp Go to last post
2 108
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly by Cyberwolf[_2_]
I keep getting the following error message in Vista Home Edition, 32Bit, SP1 - "*A problem with your video hardware* caused Windows to stop working correctly" Intel Quad Core Q6600 2 GIG RAM ATI Radeon HD2600 PCIe Creative XFi Music Edition
September 3rd 08 04:10 AM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
1 146
Virtual mic by [email protected]
Is there a program that can act as a virtual microphone? (That is, that creates a dummy mic device and that takes an input audio file to put it as an input signal?) Please excuse my bad English and the crazy question LOL
February 15th 09 03:53 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
4 171
Vista and OmniPass Software by CygnetBoy
Have a small problem, hoping someone can help me solve it.. Did a Windows Update in August and downloaded Update for Windows Vista - KB938979. Currently using windows Vista Home Premium and OmniPass on a Fujitsu A6020. Had a problem with Vista displaying a duplicate user after the update. Was advised by Fujitsu to remove and reinstall the software. Did it, problem fixed. No more...
November 15th 07 02:39 AM
by Maureen Go to last post
2 123
Vista and OmniPass Software by CygnetBoy
Have a small problem, hoping someone can help me solve it.. Did a Windows Update in August and downloaded Update for Windows Vista - KB938979. Currently using windows Vista Home Premium and OmniPass on a Fujitsu A6020. Had a problem with Vista displaying a duplicate user after the update. Was advised by Fujitsu to remove and reinstall the software. Did it, problem fixed. No more duplicate...
September 28th 07 09:59 PM
by CygnetBoy Go to last post
0 132
Computer not detecting USB Flash Drives by Cyllax
I recently rebuilt most of my computer and upgraded to windows Vista and now my computer won't detect my USB flash drives. I know the USB ports are working because my mouse is USB and it works fine. I've tried uninstalling the USB drivers and letting them reinstall but that didn't work at all. What else should i be trying? --
April 27th 09 11:46 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
8 431
Problems with screen resolution by Cyndibeanie
So we just moved our computer across the room and now the screen resolution setting we had it at (1440 x 900) doesnt appear on the little toggle bar. It just goes from 1360 x 768 to 1600 x 1200. I have no idea what to do, so if anyone has any suggestions that would be wonderful.
October 14th 07 11:31 PM
by Cyndibeanie Go to last post
2 123
Files erased from jumpdrive by Cynthia
When I use my Vista computer, files are being erased from my jumpdrive as if they never existed. What's up with that? How do I fix it?
June 16th 08 01:22 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 201
Graphics Card Question by Cypher
I recently purchased a GM5664 Gateway system and I need some information installing a new graphics card. Here is a link to my system http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8649368&productCategoryId=abcat0501002&type=product&tab=2&id=1195599475576#productdetail Monitor - Samsung SyncMaster 245BW Due to the poor graphics card that came with this system I plan on upgrading
March 22nd 08 07:24 AM
by BigJim Go to last post
2 268
Hard Drive Spin Up/Down Constantly by Cyphon
Since installing Vista Ultimate i have been experiencing annoying and disturbing noises. I have found that my hard drive is regularily spinning up, down and up at random intervals, i have seen no distinct pattern at all. But i can distincly hear the drive spining, it also causes freezes on my computer. The noises i recognise from XP whenever i shut my computer down (and only when) There's...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 9th 07 06:20 PM
by Don Go to last post
10 273
NX 7010 No video by Cyrebre
I have had the problem when installing the RC1, but it's still present in the RTM !!! I've upgraded a Win XP to Vista, after the installation the os recognized a generic VGA card. I tried to update the driver (with the "Update driver" button in devices manager) with success but no display at reboot. I am using a French RTM Vista Pro version. Thanx for replies.
December 17th 06 12:48 AM
by Benjamin Gawert Go to last post
6 230
[Drivers] Sierra wireless Aircard 775 (AC775) by Cyril
I've tried to install Sierra wireless Aircard 775 (AC775), but there's no drivers. I've try all can, but none of what I do make this card functionning !!! Without this card, I can't connect to internet. Is there any divers under development ??? Thanks for answers
October 29th 06 10:23 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 325
Problem with extended desktop to multiple monitors when screen saver comes on by cyrus
I have a Vista Ultimate laptop connected to two monitors. I can extend my desktop to the second monitor just fine. But when I come back from a meeting, and my screen saver has been on, my desktop is no longer extended. Both monitors show the display for monitor 1. The setting is still correct under Display settings and I can fix the issue by changing Monitor 2 to be the main monitor and...
April 24th 08 12:58 PM
by cyrus Go to last post

From The