Internal SD card reader -- access is denied! by Cyrus Lin
I have vista clean installed. Recently I put a fine 1G SD card into the internal card reader on my ACER TM370 laptop. Vista recognized it, installed drivers, and than I saw a new "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" -- "RICOH SD/MMC Controller" in the Device Manager, a new removable disk icon appear in "My Computer", everything seems all right. But when I open it by clicking icon, a pop window told...
May 21st 07 03:42 AM
by trendyman Go to last post
3 118
Sound Blaster 24 bit Live success by CZ
FYI: I used the SB24_WEB64_LB_1_04_0055.exe dnload for Win XP to get two speaker sound for my Sound Blaster 24 bit Live in RC1 build 5728. Note that I installed it via the "Run as Administrator" option. URL for...
October 3rd 06 02:56 AM
by CZ Go to last post
0 178
Shocking new bug on Vista x64 - cannot detect a SATA drive by czrsink (UK)
So I spent weeks finding out how to fix the annoying 'Found new hardware' problem everytime I connected a simple USB flash drive, and I thought 'Great'. Good old Microsoft! Then I get a brand new Samsung SATA 500GB HDD and plug it in...and guess what? Windows asks me for drivers (this is a HARD DRIVE for goodness sake) and then searches Windows update...can't find anything, so I eventually...
November 8th 07 01:27 PM
by Tom Lake[_2_] Go to last post
1 101
Sony DVD not recognized by d
Hi, For some reason Windows Vista is no longer recognizing my DVD player. It is saying I need a new driver but Sony is not being helpful and I can't seem to use the windows driver update to auto update. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
March 17th 07 08:23 AM
by Don Go to last post
6 158
MSI MS-6967 Bluetooth Dongle driver by D Phillips
I am battling to get a Vista driver for this hardware. Any help please?
December 3rd 08 04:04 PM
by Charlie[_10_] Go to last post
8 524
System Restore points are not created when using RAS by D-man
Hi, Folks, I've noticed that our laptops that RAS in on a daily basis do not created automatic restore points when we start the computers. We've had the team do manual restore points using the task schedular. Any suggestions as to how to have the system create the restore points automatically? thanks -- Thanks, D-man
August 14th 07 04:28 PM
by D-man Go to last post
0 115
Still no sound after KB937077 by D. Ebdrup
So I just finished installing the KB937077 update for Vista which is supposed to fix the problem relating to hybrid sleep mode and Vista not playing 24bit hd audio after it. The problem still persists, however, but strangely enough when I turn my speakers all the way up I can hear a very faint bit of whatever is playing (though barely enough that it registers for more than 1-2dBa. Any...
October 23rd 07 05:35 PM
by D. Ebdrup Go to last post
4 87
Vista doesn't detect sound card by D. Patel
I have an Intel 945GMA chipset, with integrated audio. Vista doesn't detect any audio output devices. On startup, Windows Update runs, finds the Sigmatel HD Codec, but it fails to install, because the soundcard doesn't respond. The soundcard is connected, as audio works fine using Ubuntu 7.04. Also, if it helps, it is a Mac Mini, and audio has worked on previous installs of Vista. Any...
July 8th 07 06:32 PM
by manilaboyph Go to last post
4 95
itunes and vista not valid Win32 application by D1NoZ0uRrEz
i tried to download itunes but it won't let me when i try to install it a message appears saying not valic win32 application i don't konw what that is... please help.
April 16th 07 03:14 AM
by bestweb Go to last post
6 157
Windows Vista Business -- Drivers Repeat Installation Each Power O by D2TM Tech 1
I recently installed Windows Vista Business. When I power on, there are certain device drivers that repeat their installation process each time. The devices associated with the drivers work, no problem, but why does Windows Vista Business want to (successfully) install them at each power on? Anyone run into this situation? The drivers are as follows: PCI Standard PCI-to-PCI Bridge High...
July 24th 07 07:48 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 128
Issues with New Nvidia Vista drivers - 96.33 by d3fin3d
Well, I installed the lastest Vista drivers, which install fine with the Pre-RC1 build 5536. My personal results below: - Window dragging laggyness I experienced before with the default drivers, has been improved. Within Quake 3: - No more mouse/keyboard input lag - FPS back to normal (from 60 with default drivers, to 125).
September 3rd 06 04:14 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 536
Unknown Device by d4nguy
I just upgraded my AMD 3700 to an Opteron 185 on my EVGA motherboard. Everything works great except I keep getting the "Found New Hardware" prompt on every reboot. There are not any unknown devices or conflicts in the device manager. Everything on my computer runs fine as far as I can tell. I tried installing the latest motherboard drivers but they were made for XP and when I install...
September 22nd 07 12:16 AM
by d4nguy Go to last post
0 93
External USB Optical drive causes Vista to hang by d4nguy
I have a IDE to USB2.0 external optical drive and when I plug the USB into my Dell Vostro laptop, Vista Home Premium hangs until I unplug it. While it is hanging, I can not open any programs, install or remove any drivers, etc. As soon as I unplug it everything returns to normal. I have tested the hardware on an XP system and it works just fine. I have also tried a different optical...
June 27th 08 03:31 AM
by d4nguy Go to last post
0 324
Vista Network and Sound Problem by D5120
Hi all, this is my first post, so apologies if it's in the wrong section. I have an issue with Vista For some strange reason, if I'm pushing/pulling a lot of data across my network, my network card drops connection with the "Limited connection...." message. At the same time, my sound card will fall over, and either stop
August 24th 08 09:24 PM
by D5120 Go to last post
0 233
Heres a cracker of a problem - Nvidia Drivers by DABhand
Lets see how many others have this problem. Yesterday I noticed my gaming was slow, and today I get fed up and checked the device manager and lo and behold Vista was using the WDM drivers. I thought hmmmm how strange is that. So went to install the Nvidia drivers (158.24) and during install it hits me with
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 20th 07 05:24 AM
by DABhand Go to last post
22 725
Is there anyone actually here.. or am i just doing this for no rea by Dabuggy
Look.. ive been having issues with vista since i bought and isntalled it.. first.. it put all my old stuff in the Windows.old file.. ok.. good.. one problem how the hell do i get them out? Second.. why the hell do i ahve no sound. and that it says i have nothing intalled no audio hardwar... i have my realtek and it's been working fine b4 upgrade.. so it even shows that i have it.. yet it's...
May 11th 07 08:48 AM
by dean-dean Go to last post
1 101
Windows Media Player shows all music files twice by Dad
Everytime I download any music files into Windows Media Player, they show twice when I display the library. How do I get rid of the duplicate entries and how do I prevent this from happening in the future? I am running Vista Ultimate. Thanks
March 16th 07 07:31 PM
by George Go to last post
2 140
HP Scanjet 5400c problems by Dad
Has anyone been able to get their HP Scanjet 5400c to work? I can get the thing to scan but an image onto the monitor but then when you outline what you want to scan in the final scan it will not scan just that image and it will not save it. Any help would be appreciated. Do you think it is the scanner (driver) or the software that I am using? (paperport)?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 23rd 10 04:12 PM
by Curious[_6_] Go to last post
29 1,082
no com port for my weather station by Dad
I have a Davis Vantage Pro 2 weather station that I have been using for a few years with no problem. That is until I upgraded to Vista Ultimate. The weather station is connected to my computer by what they call a data logger and it attaches to the serial port in the back. The problem now is that when I try to open the software to download from the datalogger I get an error message that says...
February 11th 07 08:55 AM
by Dad Go to last post
0 142
Do the WDDM drivers support/enable SLI configuration? by DaddyCane
I have 2 6600GT graphics cards in SLI configuration in my vista home premium machine. I get the occasional blue screen when using the Nvidia drivers but the Vista WDDM drivers work perfectly. However I cannot find out if Vista is using both graphics cards in SLI mode or just one...?
September 24th 07 02:00 PM
by DaddyCane Go to last post

From The