Looking for BT878 TV card driver for Vista X64 by Martin
Has anyone come across a 64 bit driver for a tv card with BT 878 chuip? I have a Hauppauge PCI FM which uses this chip (like many other (older) TV cards) and it seems Hauppauge is not going to provide drivers in the future. But I guess any other BT878 driver should also work. I just wasn't able to find one yet. Martin
February 22nd 07 05:32 PM
by Martin Go to last post
2 218
Nvidia GeForce 6150 problems with Vista by SpartanJedi360
I've tried to do as many of the things as recently suggested to get the drivers from nvidia, but nothing works. I have downloaded the 32 and 64 bit driver both, to no avail, run both as administrator, checked to make sure the compatablilty box isn't checked, as well as try to get my current drivers to check the web for updates, to which I get a wonderful "Up to date" message, which I know...
February 22nd 07 05:57 PM
by John Go to last post
1 243
"Ghost CD" Drive by Mossie
Hi. I have 2 DVD drives in my PC, a DVD-ROM and a DVDRW. However in explorer there are 3 drives, my burner (F:), the ROM drive (G:) and a CD-ROM drive (M:). I have a card reader which shows as "Removable Disk" with drive letters I, J, L and N and an external Hard Drive, partitioned into H: and K:. I thought at first it might be seeing one of the card slots as a CD drive, but...
February 22nd 07 06:16 PM
by Mossie Go to last post
3 385
Stuck on 640 x 480 and 4 bit color by JohnL
I have a brand new system that I have just put together, here are the basic specs: Shuttle SN27P2 XPC with NForce 570 AMD X2 3800+ Brisbane 2 x Corsair CM2X1024-6400PRO 2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320 GB NEC DVD Burner EVGA GeForce 7900GS 256M PCI Expressx16
February 22nd 07 06:52 PM
by paulllieno Go to last post
1 254
new NVIDIA drivers - can't install by Daniel Côté
Tried to install BOTH the 32 and 64 bit versions of the new Nvidia drivers... neither would work. I get the message that I don't have vista installed, or that I don't have the 64 bit version installed.... so I can't install either driver. Installation terminates. Anybody else with this problem ? Dan Sudbury Canada
February 22nd 07 06:56 PM
by Daniel Côté Go to last post
5 302
Laptop SigmaTel C-Major Audio(Headphone jack does not work) speake by NS
I have exactly the same problem. Dell Inspiron 6000 and I even tried reset the settings but it was of no use. "chrisdg" wrote: Just installed windows vista build 5384 and the (SigmaTel C-Major Audio) laptop speakers do work fine but when i plug in speakers or headphones there is not sound at all.?? Can anyone help......
February 22nd 07 07:15 PM
by psxbios Go to last post
7 522
Vista changed my floppy drive to drive "B" by George
i have been using Vista Ultimate for quite some time it seems now and suddenly last week I noticed that my floppy drive is now named drive "B". I have checked in my BIOS and that appears to be correct and I can't figure out how to get it back to being drive "A". I know there is little use for them these days but I tried to create a floppy for Seatools to run a diagnostic on one of my Seagate...
February 22nd 07 07:55 PM
by AndersT Go to last post
5 290
new user mode device driver spec by beginthreadex
Does anyone have a link to any new developments for the user mode device driver specs? Meaning; have the "nt services" changed at all with Vista?
February 22nd 07 10:16 PM
by beginthreadex Go to last post
0 308
Live TV Problem by Alex
Hi all, I just upgraded my computer to windows vista premium from windows media centre 2005, but now when i try to view live TV the screen goes blank then diplays "No TV Signal". I know there is a TV signal, so i cant see what the problem could be. I use a Hauppauge Nova T USB2 DVB Tuner Card, The driver was automatically downloaded durring the hardware installation.
February 22nd 07 10:39 PM
by Alex Go to last post
0 206
DVD Maker by avdog
DVD maker does not show writer in drop down list? Media player shows in list but when I go to burn its says connect burner and restart? New computer with Vista installed Asus DRW-1612 writer
February 22nd 07 10:42 PM
by avdog Go to last post
0 211
Harddrive high pitch sound. Vista issues not the hardware. by GT
I find it annoying that the harddrive make a lot of noise when Window Vista was installed. I reinstalled XP MCE 2005 just to see if the harddrive is the problem. After XP was installed the harddrive no longer make those annoying high pitch sound.
February 22nd 07 11:14 PM
by GT Go to last post
2 235
excessive hard drive usage by zilly
I entered a similar question the other day - from answers I have received (see "loss of hard drive space") I have determined that the majority of my issue is related to system restore. This link http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/4ac505e6-dd8b-4ae7-80fa-b9d77cd8104d1033.mspx?mfr=true may be helpful to you. I checked the date of the last sytem restore, came back to my...
February 22nd 07 11:30 PM
by zilly Go to last post
0 243
Nvidia Drivers by Chris Mattison
Please help... I am just minutes away from being classified as a pure noob, so please forgive me. I've noticed that with Vista, no matter how many times I update my Nvidia graphics drivers, the properties on that piece of hardware in the device manager always displays a different display adapter version than what I just installed. I have a 7800 GT, and my driver version says I've got...
February 23rd 07 12:38 AM
by JW Go to last post
8 218
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS: Red halo by helpherb
Using the subject card with a Dell 2007WFP montior and everything looks great except for black letters. Particularly if the letters are bold there is a red halo at the edges of the letters. I've tried various contrast and color adjustments with no improvement. The is my first LCD monitor. Does this tend to be a problem with LCDs or is something definitely wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks!
February 23rd 07 03:58 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
3 213
Formatting SD card by Mister Ed
I formatted an SD card to remove all data before writing new data to it. After the format the 1GB card showed 600MB used space! Any ideas wht is "used" and how to recover the space? Even MSDOS format d: /u command didn't free the space.
February 23rd 07 04:05 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 230
February 23rd 07 04:09 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
4 275
Nvidia 6800GTOC (256MB) ATI Raedon X1300 (256MB) - Poor performanc by John
I upgraded to Vista last week and the performance of my Nvidia 6800GTOC is horrific. No matter how I adjust the settings, no 3-D applications are useable, i.e., the frames per second rate (fps) has gone from 40-60 fps (XP, SP2) to .5 - 14 fps. Having researched the issue, I believed it was related to the Nvidia not having a worthy candidate as their driver. Yesterday, I purchased an ATI...
February 23rd 07 04:11 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
8 244
Help with DVD Drive by Paul
After upgrading to Vista Business, I was presented with a window that "Sonic Solutions DLA" was incompatible with the current OS and was being disabled. Although the DVD drive was still working, the windows continued to pop up every few seconds. Update driver was unsuccessful, indicating I had the most up to date drivers available. The driver details showed two disabled Sonic Solutions...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 23rd 07 04:22 AM
by erica Go to last post
14 332
Promise TX4000 and Vista Drivers by Todd Hoffman
Anyone know if the Promise TX4000 raid controller will work with Vista? Thanks, Todd
February 23rd 07 04:53 AM
by BSchnur Go to last post
6 221
Alternative for Windows Media Center using Vista? by Matt
Hi, I recently upgraded from Windows XP to Vista. Unfortunately the Windows Media Center on my Vaio (VGC-RA828G) is not recognizing the factory installed Tuner card (Giga Pocket® MPEG2 Realtime Encoder/Decoder board with TV Tuner). I called Microsoft and they tell me I have to go to Sony. I called Sony and they tell me to uninstall Vista. So my questions is... Is there some other...
February 23rd 07 05:59 AM
by Matt Go to last post

From The