Brother MFC 9600 built in drivers don't work by domenchini
I am having issues with the built in brother MFC-9600 multifunction printer drivers. The printer only prints out a blank page. I contacted Brother support and determined that it is not a hardware issue as we were able to emulate the brother printer driver using the built in HP Laserjet IIP driver. Using the HP driver, the document prints fine (but not at a decent resolution that the...
August 22nd 08 04:38 AM
by domenchini Go to last post
4 211
Internal HD showing as write protected??? by rumjungle
My data HD periodically shows up as write protected. I have no idea why as it works sometimes. Sometimes, it goes away after a reboot. It also goes away if I format the drive. However, it returns after a day or two and becomes an intermittent problem.:mad: Does/has this happened to anyone else and is there a fix? -- rumjungle
August 21st 08 09:51 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
4 193
Vista 64 Bit Business is giving me the business... Want to fire it but need help!!! by 2L8IWON
Ok Ill start off by giving my specs of what I have then I will go into my problems.... Asus Crosshair Motherboard BIOS 1103 AMD Athalon X2 4600+ @ 2.64GHZ 8 GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800MHZ 4-4-4-12 Ram Primary OS HDD Seagate 500GB 7,200RPM,32MB Cache (Primary Partitioned to 100GB OS ONLY, 400GB Programs Only) RAID 5 Array, 5 500GB Seagate 7,200RPM, 16MB Cache - Array is 1.82TB Two: BFG 7900GS 256MB...
August 21st 08 04:26 PM
by 2L8IWON Go to last post
2 181
instaling iPAQ rx3000 series in vista by Lewis[_2_]
I am trying to install the software for my HP iPAQ on my computer. It will not instll Activesync for I can use outlook. Has anyone else had this problem? -- Lewis
August 21st 08 01:00 PM
by Joann Upchurch Go to last post
4 158
Visat 64 IR adapter?? by tweedy48[_2_]
I have a Palm Z22 and the only way to sync it with Vista 64 is through an IR adapter. Are there IR adapters that work on Vista 64? I have a new HP dv7 machine. -- tweedy48
August 20th 08 11:32 PM
by tweedy48[_2_] Go to last post
0 176
1394 Firewire dropped devices by John Lenz
Configuration: Vista Ultimate - 32 bit SP1 I have a Maxtor external firewire disk drive and it worked just fine until I installed my firewire camera to capture video. When I do, I lose the maxtor drive (which holds the captured video) and have to unplug/replug the Maxtor to get the drive recognized.
August 20th 08 09:59 PM
by John L[_2_] Go to last post
6 208
Creating a Striped Volume in Vista 64-bit by SOA_Thomas
Hello, I just wondered if there is any chance I could get some help/advice on how to create a Striped volume in Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, everytime I try using Disk Management Console, it tells me: Dynamic Disks are not supported by this operating system. Ideas??? :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
August 20th 08 06:41 PM
by Hogtowner Go to last post
5 178
Found new hardware problem by maccyjam
Hi, I have bought a datel data transfer kit for xbox 360 so i could back up my saves onto my computer. It works fine on my xp computer but not so good on my vista x64 computer. It comes up with found new hardware so i press locate and install driver software, then it starts installing but after a while it just fails. So it asks me to put the disc in, so i do and it still can't find the driver...
August 20th 08 05:44 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
2 192
Taks Manager not responding with clt-alt-del by islandsuga
Hey all for some reason when i try to access task manager with CLT-ALT-DEL on my computer, it says it is not working. It says it is not responding and closes. I have vista on a PC thanks. -- islandsuga ------------------------------------------------------------------------ islandsuga's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/islandsuga.htm
August 20th 08 01:07 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 172
Card Reader Drives Showing in My Computer - Too Many by garywi
I installed a card reader with slots for everything. I only use SD. I don't want to see drive letters for every drive not in use. Can I do this? Also, how can I pin down certain drive letters for my USB drive, so it gets the same drive letter everytime I plug it in? I need this, as I have back up routines that look for certain drives and paths. My back ups are getting screwed up after I...
August 19th 08 09:12 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
2 154
Looking for Vista64 utilities by cqui3
Has anyone found a way of creating shortcuts to files or folders in Vista 64 without that ".shortcut" addition to its name. That can be done under Vista32 using an older version of Tweakui (v 133). But even though all my applications will work in Vista 62, none of my utilities (free for the most part) will work. TwseakUi, Formwhiz (PCMag - no longer free), etc do work, I miss them and prefer...
August 19th 08 08:53 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 169
Laptop USB ports stay live in Standby by David Tong
I'd appreciate if anyone can advise on whether these effects are normal with Vista SP1, and whether there's a work-around. I've searched pretty widely and found these two other references to similar problems, but no solutions as yet: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?p=3206105, http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20136671-Vista-Turning-off-USB-port-power-during-sleep. I'm using a new...
August 19th 08 08:26 PM
by David Tong Go to last post
0 151
C: Drive almost full by roman4405
I have a 105GB internal disk drive that only has 5.96 GB free. I don't know what is taking up so much space. I think it might be my backup files, but, I can't find them to delete the old ones. I obviously don't know too much about computers and appreciate the help. Thank you.
August 19th 08 07:11 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
6 216
USB so slow + DVD backup by Albédo
X- post: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general + microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices FU2: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general Also posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, I guess Hello. I am writing from France (though in English, hopefully). I recently had to reinstall my laptop (Dell Inspiron). Before that, I had lots of problems with backing up data onto USB keys, as the system...
August 19th 08 08:07 AM
by Albédo Go to last post
8 193
Install new sys drive by nemo
First I am working from an old xp laptop not my main desktop sys. My sys. crashed and I want to save my files from the old drive. I purchased a new Maxtor SATA 500GB drive to load Vista (using a friends copy) but when loading it ask for a driver. As we all know most systems and drives do not come with drivers any more. So what I need is location and name of driver to download. So here is...
August 18th 08 11:38 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
5 173
Vista IRQ management by Dave
My Vista resources map shows the below 3 internal devices on my Platinum P6N SLI Platinum motherboard with an E6600 Core Duo Intel CPU sharing the same IRQ "(PCI) 20". I have nothing plugged into any PCI slots. One graphics adapter in the PCIe x16 slot. - High Definition Audio Controller - NVIDIA nForce 430/410 SATA Controller - Standard OpenHCD USB Host controller Why is this? Does it not...
August 18th 08 05:38 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
9 223
Dell Docking Station - External PCI Card Not Detected by DavidEdwards
Hi guys, I have a Dell Latitude D520 laptop and a Dell D/Dock docking station. The docking station has a PCI slot built in for standard PCI cards so when the laptop is docked the extra device becomes available. Under Windows XP the cards work perfectly when you dock the laptop. With Windows Vista they are not detected at all - even if I reboot on the docking station or force a scan for...
August 18th 08 03:11 PM
by Arkansasguy Go to last post
4 211
Any good online sources for premium photo paper??? by Liinda
Hello everyone. I wanted to know of a good online source to purchase premium photo paper. I am looking to print photos of our family vacations, birthdays, etc. Can anyone suggest a store I should consider purchasing from? -- Liinda
August 18th 08 12:32 PM
by Paul Montgomery Go to last post
2 162
Hardware Detection and DriverStore by Blair
When I plug-in a new device, the install comes up and never finds the drivers. It says to put a disk in for everything even USB memory drives. I have to to browse to the C:\windows\system32\Driverstore directory and tell it search. It does find the driver and installs in too. I have to do this for each part of the discovery/installation process. USB Mass storage device, Sony Storage...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 18th 08 01:45 AM
by Paul Montgomery Go to last post
13 280
8gb RAM problems on vista64 by C. Gillian
I'm having repeated system restarts since going from 4 to 8gb. The crashes occur whenever I push the system to actually use more than 4gb, otherwise it's rock solid and never crashes. The RAM consists of 4x2gb stalks all purchased in one go from Crucial and is listed (by them) as compatible with my specific motherboard. Each stalk works fine on it's own or in tandem, but as soon as I move...
August 17th 08 05:37 PM
by C. Gillian Go to last post

From The