Using multiple sound devices? by id2663
I'm new to Vista. I use a headset to communicate to others. At the same time, I could have music playing out my PC speakers. I use Ventrilo and a USB headset, and when the other person would talk back to me, I could get the sound out of the headset earpiece. However, now I can only set up the sound devices it seems to have all the sound come out either the speakers, ot the headset. I...
February 24th 07 01:37 PM
by CrimLiar Go to last post
4 234
lost my optical drive by Eddie G
After I bring my system back up from sleep mode my optical drives are no longer active. I checked my device manager and they are not listed. After a reboot all is fine. After doing some searching I read that this is a known issue and I called MS for a hotfix per their instructions on the suuport.microsoft.com website. Now the hotfix did not work. Does anyone know anything more about this and...
February 24th 07 01:37 PM
by Eddie G Go to last post
0 224
yikes: level meters suddenly disasppeared by tonj
I have a creative CT4810 PCI sound card in my PC with Vista Home Premium. The sound card appears in the device manager as Creative (ES1371,ES1373) WDM. The driver date is 18/6/2002, v5.2.3633.0. When I first installed it I was very pleased to see that Vista had finally included recording level meters in the windows mixer, but now the level meters have disappeared. I don't know exactly when they...
February 24th 07 01:56 PM
by tonj Go to last post
0 213
Does Vista support distinctive ring? by Gerald Friesen
Does the Windows Vista operating system support distinctive ring features for controller-less internal fax modems? If not, is there any solution for home users that want the computer to automatically answer all incoming faxes on a distinctive ring pattern but to ignore all voice calls on a reqular ring pattern?
February 24th 07 03:06 PM
by Gerald Friesen Go to last post
0 257
will ATI Support their All-In-Wonder TV Tuners? by johnm
I'm running an ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 PCI Express card with the built-in TV Tuner and FM Radio - less than 6 mos. old. I finally got the display drivers working - I originally only had 1024x768 res on a widescreen Acer AL1916W, but it suddenly offered the 1440x900 res option today, no idea how or why the change. Vista's Media Center says "No Tuner Installed" if I try and watch TV. ATI's site...
February 24th 07 04:21 PM
by jo Go to last post
3 287
ATI Radeon X1300 problems by Sabo, Eric
I am trying to connect two displays to my computer using the ATI Radeon X1300 Video Adapter, I went to ATI and downloaded the latest drivers for vista 32-bit OS. One monitor is using the standard connection VGA and I am trying to connect my TV to the S-Video. The problem is that Vista does not detect my TV display. I get the BIOS screen on my TV but when Vista goes to load it switches...
February 24th 07 04:49 PM
by jo Go to last post
8 282
Hibernation missing by [email protected]
I am running Vista Home Premium on a home built PC. The motherboard is an MSI nForce3-based board (model # 7025) an Athlon 3500+, 2 GB DDR, very high quality hard drives, an XFX 6800 Ultra, and if anyone needs more info, I can give it to them. Here is the thing, Hibernation is no longer an option for me. I mean that Vista removed it. It was there when I first installed Vista, but now I only have...
February 24th 07 05:42 PM
by Dan Go to last post
2 246
Vista Installation Failed by reductant
While I was installing Vista, I got this error that the install.wim file could not be accessed because it could not be copied to my hard drive during installation. I also could not install the Vista RC1 a while back. I decided to insert my Vista disc into an external DVD drive (xbox 360 hd dvd player), and Vista installed. Do you know why my DVD drive could not copy the file over? BTW, I...
February 24th 07 05:44 PM
by reductant Go to last post
0 236
Promise IDE Ultra100 OnBoard Driver ? by alextp
Hello, I have an ASUS A7V266-E motherboard with a Promise IDE Ultra100 Controller on board. Two harddisks are connected to this controller. I run the Vista Upgrade Advisor Tool and it told me that there would be no problem installing Vista Ultimate ... so I bought the software ! During installation (32-bit version) the Setup displays that it would need a driver for this controller. However,...
February 24th 07 06:08 PM
by BSchnur Go to last post
7 254
video card experience rating by Laurie
Hello, Does anyone have the Radeon X550 pci-e 512mb card? What is your experience index. I only have 2.0 for AERO and 3.3 for gaming. AERO is working. It's a new MDG PC which I paid $1800 for and thought I would get a much higher experience score. I've pasted the rating below. Any suggestions? Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz 4.7 Memory (RAM) 1.98 GB 5.7 Graphics Radeon X550XTX ...
February 24th 07 06:41 PM
by BigJim Go to last post
2 246
Windows Sounds missing by martinezll
While I get sound when I go to the internet and play a podcast, etc. I do not get the windows sounds. I have Sound Blaster Live 24 Bit. I upgraded the driver when I did my Vista upgrade.
February 24th 07 08:56 PM
by Jonathan Yaniv Go to last post
1 201
NOKIA N72 - VISTA COMPATIBILITY by Phil
Hi all present, i tried installing a nokia N72disc on my compaq laptop to be able to connect my phone with the laptop and each time, got this error message: Access denied Access violation @ address 0045A3BBin module 'Nokia_72.exe'. Read of address 00000180 my system spec:
February 24th 07 09:43 PM
by Mikey Go to last post
2 225
Wireless Problem by cdb
Having a strange problem with my wireless adapter(Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter). Ever since upgrading to Vista, my signal strength is very Poor. Under XP, I allways had a full signal. This also effects download speed dramatically. Any Ideas? I also noticed, if I disable and then re-enable the adapter, I initially get full signal(5 out of 5 bars). Then after a couple of minutes, it...
February 24th 07 09:55 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
3 216
DVD Drives do not read media by Hobbes7869
I have two dvd drives installed in windows home premium, on a asus p5n-e sli motherbaord. They utilize IDE. Neither one will read any type of cds, and only my sony dru-710 will read movie dvds, nothing else. Every time i put in a dvd or cd, the drive spins, and detects nothing. Clicking on the drive folder in my computer does nothing, except prompt me to put in a disk. When I dual boot to...
February 24th 07 10:37 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 200
Sony FX1 -Device Manager Recognition by HDFatBoy2003
Okay, under all of the Vista betas (Beta 2, RC 1, RC 2), my Sony FX1 (HDV Camcorder) was always recognized as two devices. Once as a AV/C Tape Device and another instance a a Sony FX1 Camera. Now under RTM it's only coming up as a Sony FX1 Camcorder. Windows Movie Maker is the only program that recognizes it and transfers the video (Ugh). Sony Vegas (7.0d) and Cineform's HD Connect no...
February 25th 07 12:14 AM
by HDFatBoy2003 Go to last post
0 217
GeForce 6200 OC PCI and nVidia 100.59 drivers? by Paul
Has anyone tried the 100.59 drivers with the GeForce 6200 OC PCI card yet? I noticed these were released on 1/31. The 97.46 driver I tried beforehand was so much worse than the Microsoft driver I'm been relunctant to give it a try. This is the only PCI card that had the Vista logo on the box, but finding compatible drivers has been wicked. (I don't have a PCI-E bus nor an available AGP...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 25th 07 02:21 AM
by JW Go to last post
11 381
My LG GSA-H21L DVD/CD burner doesn't recognize blank media by Kevin Potts
I bought the Home premium upgrade and now my LG GSA-H21L LightScribe burner that came with my HP a1440n computer doesn't recognize blank media, it thinks the drive is empty. If I put a regular disk in the drive it will see it but any blank burnable disks it doesn't see and just asks to insert media when I try to burn something. And yes I'm using a Nero compatable version and I've checked...
February 25th 07 02:31 AM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
1 235
Audio Problems by Mercury083
Hey I can't seem to get my 5.1 speakers working in Vista. I'm using the built in sound card on my Asus A8N SLI Deluxe. Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks
February 25th 07 03:07 AM
by Mercury083 Go to last post
0 221
Synaptic Mouse Manager for Compaq Notebook by Misfitpierce
I've got a modified compaq notebook and am having trouble with the touchpad software. I tried it off windows update and from compaq themselves. Vista versions of the driver and they fail to install correctly and dont boot up right with laptop. Starts up and instantly says program has stopped working. I tried reinstalling about 4 times and it is making me angry. Any help is greatly...
February 25th 07 03:12 AM
by Misfitpierce Go to last post
4 240
BOSD, Stop Error Need Help Please by John KiliK
Hey everyone! I hope you're all doing ok =D. I just bought a new computer and I am really happy with it, especially the fact that It has Vista =D. On a side note though, I do infact get the Stop Error, some people call it the "Blue screen of death" and it can prove to be very interrupting. I'm not sure what to do, I will be doing what I normally do on the computer, talking to friends,...
February 25th 07 03:28 AM
by John KiliK Go to last post

From The