Microphone quit working by DancinBelle
I was trying to record some lines today, when my microphone quit working. It has worked before, but now my computer won't even recognise I've plugged it in!! How do I get it to work again?
February 14th 08 01:01 AM
by AlexB Go to last post
1 162
Canoscan LIDE 35 drivers? by dancote
My scanner worked fine in BETA 1 & 2. Now with RC1, no luck. Any one have a workaround? -- Regards, Dan
December 31st 06 05:49 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
4 217
Drivers for network adapters/ NIC's and Wireless NIC's by Dane
I have just installed vista but now it doesnt pic up my network adapters that i use to connect to my adsl. I have a wireless card and a network adapter and it wont find either of them. Do i need to find new drivers or what?
April 6th 07 02:45 PM
by GTS Go to last post
1 158
Flash drive issue- Vista asking me to format??? by DanGilley
Hey guys, My girlfriend has a 4GB Lexar flash drive that she primarily uses on her XP laptop, but has used on my Vista desktop countless times. All of a sudden tonight, when trying to access the drive, Vista tells me that the drive needs to be formatted, and asks if I'd like to format now. Assuming that formatting would erase all the data she has saved on the drive, I instead tried to access...
April 17th 08 02:16 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 115
Can delete programs by danhiman
So I can not delete some, a lot of programs, i would go through control panel, and it says it can not delete, it might already be deleted, but it really is not. I would go to file location, and same thing. I tried using bit defender file shredder, and no good. I run Win Vista Home prem, 64 bit. I have been having problems when trying to close a large program, if i request to close the program to...
April 30th 10 04:26 PM
by danhiman Go to last post
0 377
Wireless not being detected anymore by danhiman
Hello, i have a hp tx2000 windows vista 64 tablet laptop. My wireless broadcom 8o2.11i wlan card. It was working fine for a long time. I have have a nvidia geforce go 6150 card. I tryed a driver update on it, worked once, but then no. I back dated the grafic driver, no good. I have updated the wireless driver, new bios driver, and tried systems restore no good. I have uninstalled the card and...
January 11th 10 08:56 PM
by danhiman Go to last post
4 368
Can delete programs by danhiman
So I can not delete some, a lot of programs, i would go through control panel, and it says it can not delete, it might already be deleted, but it really is not. I would go to file location, and same thing. I tried using bit defender file shredder, and no good. I run Win Vista Home prem, 64 bit. I have been having problems when trying to close a large program, if i request to close the program to...
May 1st 10 12:46 AM
by Michael Go to last post
2 607
Wireless not being detected anymore by danhiman
Hello, i have a hp tx2000 windows vista 64 tablet laptop. My wireless broadcom 8o2.11i wlan card. It was working fine for a long time. I have have a nvidia geforce go 6150 card. I tryed a driver update on it, worked once, but then no. I back dated the grafic driver, no good. I have updated the wireless driver, new bios driver, and tried systems restore no good. I have uninstalled the card and...
January 10th 10 07:55 PM
by danhiman Go to last post
0 191
Please help with hard drive problem by Daniel
Hi I have a PC with Vista Ultimate, 2.66 CPU and 3 Gb RAM, the PC has two hard drives C: and D: The C: drive is a Raptor 150Gb 10,000 RPM drive and the D: drive is a Seagate 500 Gb 7,200 RPM. I do not believe I am getting the performance speed I should from the faster C: drive
June 11th 09 06:29 AM
by Daniel Go to last post
6 319
Device not seen by USB by Daniel
Hi I have Vista Ultimate 32, yesterday I bought a Digitech USB Cassette player which connects to the USB so I can record my old cassette tapes to my hard drive, it is PnP and worked fine, when I plugged it into the USB the add new hardware ran automatically and the device driver was installed and I was using the device as it was meant to be used. Today when I started my PC and plugged the...
April 21st 09 07:55 AM
by Daniel Go to last post
2 186
Which CPU should I use by Daniel
Hi I have two spare CPU's and am not certain which one will give me the best performance. 1) Intel Pentium D (Dual Core) Extreme 3.2 Gig with HT 2) Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66 Gig Any ideas on which will perform faster for a) Gaming, b) Graphics work c) General EG Spreadsheets etc.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 17th 08 04:01 PM
by Daniel Go to last post
11 400
Prevent disk from shutting down by Daniel
Hi I have Vista Ultimate 64, I have an external Hard Drive attached through eSATA, it shuts down after 20 Mins of idle, how do I prevent it from shutting down it is causing a lag when I try to write to it. thanks Daniel
October 27th 09 06:46 AM
by pakistanboy Go to last post
3 138
CPU Speed by Daniel
Hi I have Vista Ultimate. My CPU is a Pent D Extreme Edition 3.2 Ghz, when I run CPU-Z it shows Core Speed at 2800.4 or lower, dropping below 2798.1 at times. Why is that, how do I get it to run at 3200 all the time?
February 26th 08 01:35 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
7 170
wake up don't work with remote by daniel
With USB mouse and USB keyboard, the wake up is correct but the computer goes on sleeping when I push power button on IR remote (USB IR receiver). USB wake up is set in BIOS and "allow device to wake up" set in Vista panel configuration. Any idea ?
January 17th 08 10:20 PM
by daniel Go to last post
0 110
Missing DVD Rom in Explorer by Daniel
I have a Toshiba Laptop and the DVD Drive is missing from explorer. I went to toshibas site for info and they referanced this site. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929461/en-us I follwed the directions but there is no lower filter entry. When I look in device manager there is no DVD/CD-ROM drives selection. I am running Vista Home Premium. I also tryed a program at this...
November 8th 07 01:07 AM
by Daniel Go to last post
2 112
communications manager by Daniel
i bought a Logitech Webcam, and when i connect it, the internet connection is lost, and a message saying "Communications Manager has stopped working" appears. My internet is a wireless connection, and like my webcam, is plugged into a USB port. However, when i disconnect teh webcam, the internet immediately resumes. Any ideas? thanks
September 25th 07 01:06 PM
by Daniel Go to last post
0 104
LRAND memory error by Daniel
Hi I am running Vista Ultimate, I ran the memory test in the start-up menu and errors were found, so I downloaded Windows Memory Diagnostic and ran it. LRAND errors were found, what are LRAND errors and is it a big deal? I am not having any problems with the PC, no crashes or BSOD's YET. thanks Daniel
August 15th 07 11:21 AM
by Daniel Go to last post
2 143
Pointer speed by Daniel
Hi I am using Vista Ultimate, when I start my PC the pointer speed is very slow (I have to move the mouse a long way to get the pointer where I want it). I go to Control Panel/Mouse and change it to fast by moving the slider along and it works okay but when I restart it is back to being slow again, I have only noticed this problem recently but it is there all the time now. Any ideas on fixing...
July 1st 07 03:30 AM
by Captain Roberts Go to last post
4 138
Readyboost USB and Device Manager by Daniel
Hi I am running Vista Ultimate, I have a 2 Gig Scandisk Cruzer drive. I plugged it into the USB port and got the message "do you want to speed up your system" I selected Yes, it all seemed to go okay. But when I go to Device manager there is a yellow mark beside
May 12th 07 09:47 AM
by Alvin Paul L. Azurin Go to last post
5 134
Re-installing drivers from the DVD? by Daniel
Hi, I need to reinstall the Nvidia drivers that come with Vista (rtm), but am not finding a way to do it. When I, in the device manager, update the driver and tell it to go look at the DVD, it tells me no driver found. Is this working differentely than in XP? Thanks.
November 28th 06 08:51 AM
by Daniel Go to last post

From The