I want to return all keyboard commands to default state. by Ted
Hi, I think I have inadvertanly carried out a keystroke and not realised I've done it. I have made no alterations to anything but suddenly, I have noticed that my screen display is bright and washed out. It's not EVER so bright, but bright enough for me to want it to go away again. So that I can rule that out (or it may be that) can someone tell me how to to a blanket removal of keyboard...
March 5th 10 05:37 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
2 441
I want to return all keyboard commands to default state. by Ted
Hi, I think I have inadvertanly carried out a keystroke and not realised I've done it. I have made no alterations to anything but suddenly, I have noticed that my screen display is bright and washed out. It's not EVER so bright, but bright enough for me to want it to go away again. So that I can rule that out (or it may be that) can someone tell me how to to a blanket removal of keyboard...
March 5th 10 01:47 PM
by Ted Go to last post
0 319
Nvidia Withdraws 196.75 WHQL Drivers by Peter
For those who have already updated to the latest WHQL 196.75 Nvidia drivers, please revert to your previous set. Nvidia have withdrawn them because of overheating/fan issues. See Nvidia's download page for more information and their forums. Peter MVP Consumer Security 2009.
March 5th 10 01:42 PM
by Peter Go to last post
0 284
Vista 64 bit Boot Manager (0xc0000428) by Magnus Alstrom
Hi, I have an installed Windows Vista (64 bit) and had everything working last week. This morning I'm trying to boot the computer and I only get a message from Windows Boot Manager: A recent hardware or software chnage might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged.... bla bla. Status: 0xc0000428
March 5th 10 12:15 PM
by Godske Go to last post
7 484
HP 1610 and/or 4315 all in one printers wont complete reinstallprocess by meteore
Hi, I tried to reinstall all software for the above after following all solutions from HP website. The software installs up to 96% and then hangs there for both printers I do not know what is causing this problem. The printers will still print, but the icon HP printer solution does not detect printer and therefore I cannot scan a document to email or detect ink levels.
March 4th 10 05:42 PM
by meteore Go to last post
8 515
USB Flash Drive blinks and disappears by debr259
Hi, I am trying to connect my KODAK USB Flash drive to my HP Pavilion laptop(Windows Vista). Whenever I try to plug in the USB drive, the Autoplay pop up appears and quickly disappears. The same appears in My Computer screen. The USB Drive appears and before I could click on it it disappears. The blink and miss keeps on happening unless I plug out the USB drive. I have tried to use other USB...
March 4th 10 12:52 AM
by debr259 Go to last post
0 311
Vista 64 bit - Non-techie needs External Hard Drive help by alcrisp
OK, I am so completely feed up with Vista and have been wanting to upgrade to Windows 7, but now my external hard drive has completely failed and was never working correctly with Vista anyway, because of the 64 bit issues so now I need to spend the money on a new external hard drive instead of upgrading to 7. So here's my issue: I understand now that the 64 bit issue was a software/driver issue...
March 3rd 10 10:33 PM
by alcrisp Go to last post
0 282
No Audio Driver Detected by thatguy17
hi i don't really know how but my computer dose not play sound i have tried everything including a full system restore need help bad please help! -- thatguy17 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ thatguy17's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/190701.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hardware-devices/1311859.htm
March 3rd 10 08:27 PM
by thatguy17 Go to last post
0 287
Installing / Registering Canon Multipass F80 Vista Driver by Roger
I have saved the driver update for vista "F80_Vista32.exe" to my desktop. After accepting the licencing agreement, the installation runs. Before it finishes the following error pops up: "An error occurred while files were being copied". How do I get past this to finish the installation? Canon tells me it is a system issue not a driver issue. -- Roger
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 3rd 10 07:09 PM
by steve parr Go to last post
17 694
no network connections after windows update by Domd
Hi all I recently updated my vista home and since then I have no network connections whatsoever. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my Intel pro/wireless 3945 ABG network connection and it still doesnt work. I emailed microsoft support and after 2 days they said check the knowledge base or post here... Any ideas?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 3rd 10 08:25 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
32 1,334
USB Pendrive problems by Berto[_2_]
Hi everyone, when I try to connect my usb pendrive (or any usb pendrive) windows vista, after a form, tries to download driver from internet. Windows update doesn't find a correct driver and the "problems solutions" tells that usb mass storage device of Phison Electronics is not compatible with windows vista. I don't install this driver, and I try do uninstall this one with "Driver Manager"...
March 1st 10 10:57 AM
by ma_la883 Go to last post
3 402
Volume control gone from taskbar by Barry[_9_]
Am not skillful, but would like volume control returned to taskbar. Currently have volume, but it is too loud.If you can fix it, tell me how. Remember I am NOT skillfull. --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 28th 10 02:17 AM
by Brink Go to last post
10 655
HP 1610 and/or 4315 all in one printers wont complete reinstallprocess by meteore
Hi, I tried to reinstall all software for the above after following all solutions from HP website. The software installs up to 96% and then hangs there for both printers I do not know what is causing this problem. The printers will still print, but the icon HP printer solution does not detect printer and therefore I cannot scan a document to email or detect ink levels.
February 27th 10 05:13 PM
by meteore Go to last post
0 264
Dynamic disk status invalid. by Berben Peter
Have a problem... Before installing Vista, I tought of making a backup on a second internal hard disk which a bought and installed on the original XP professional machine, I found myself to be very smart doing this. Unfortunatly now that Vista is installed on this machine the disk is not accessible. disk manager says "dynamic disk status invalid"? What can/should I do to gain control over...
February 27th 10 07:20 AM
by deview Go to last post
9 452
Lost path to boot drive - Help please by TimB
I have a Windows Vista Ultimate system with 4 SATA hard drives configured to look like IDE drives through an ASUS motherboard. I had the boot drive set as drive C: with a variety of applications installed on it. Two days ago I 'cloned' that drive to a new larger drive with the most recent version of Norton Ghost. That drive showed as drive H:. I've been trying to get the new drive to show as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 26th 10 11:38 PM
by Andy Go to last post
18 586
USB FDD (Lacie Pocket USB FDD - Myfloppy3) not detected correctly by steven
I am using vista ultimate, on Asus A8N-VM-CSM Motherboard. PC has no floppy drive and I am attempting to use a USB Floppy drive (Lacie - Pocket USB FDD Myfloppy3). Upon connection nothing happens, a quick check in device manager indicates under USB controllers - standard openHCD USB Host Controller with an (!) exclamation mark. Properties show: ----- This device cannot find enough...
February 26th 10 08:20 AM
by maridian Go to last post
6 407
Lost path to boot drive - Help please by TimB
I have a Windows Vista Ultimate system with 4 SATA hard drives configured to look like IDE drives through an ASUS motherboard. I had the boot drive set as drive C: with a variety of applications installed on it. Two days ago I 'cloned' that drive to a new larger drive with the most recent version of Norton Ghost. That drive showed as drive H:. I've been trying to get the new drive to show as...
February 26th 10 01:30 AM
by TimB Go to last post
0 249
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller will not connect to PC by Autobot5150
I am unable to get my Xbox 360 wireless controller to connect to the wireless receiver under Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. The wireless controller is using a standard battery pack. My PC is running a eVga's Nvidia 680i motherboard, which is controlling the USB ports. The wireless receiver plugs directly into one of the motherboard's rear USB ports. If I power the controller on before I turn...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 25th 10 07:47 AM
by poolcue Go to last post
20 1,424
HP Pavillion a1632x by walter deodiaus
I have a HP Pavillion a1632x which came with XP, but was advertised to be upgradeable to Vista. Later on, this option was not supported. This falls on false advertising! Doesn't HP have trial drivers? I called HP, but they don't seem to support Vista for this machine. Last week, I was infected by a virus and was unable to recover my XP OS. I received a copy of Vista at a trade show, and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 25th 10 05:23 AM
by NZSchoolTech[_2_] Go to last post
48 1,962
bluescreen prblem need your help asp by ehsan
Hi I bought a laptop a few days ago and I install some application on it. I use internet download manager (IDM) to download things when I am downloading this bluescreen occur. My computer description:
February 24th 10 04:22 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post

From The