External Hard Drive Size Error by darkblade25
I have a Netdisk external hard drive with around 55 gigs of free space. In vista, I tried to copy over a 4 gig file to the external hard drive. It then gives me an error saying that the file is too large for the destination file system. I have over 55 gigs and when I tried to copy 4 gig worth of files on my other computer, which is running xp, it works fine. Somebody please help me.
April 8th 07 08:02 AM
by Rock Go to last post
2 154
Getting My Microphone to Work!!!?????????? by DarkCircle
I've got the correct progs, as well as a professional mic. I want to mic my guitar and record onto my pc. However...... Vista says my microphone is not supported?? It's a Peavey Vi2. fella at the P.C shop here in town says my mic should work, my soundcard will provide pre-amp if needed... BUT, I need a codec or something that will allow my pc to see my mic as a midi Input?? (I'm kinda PC...
January 20th 08 02:22 AM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
1 117
Problem with Logitech G15 driver by Darkelldar
I am having a problem with the drivers not working correctly after a reboot. Some of the display options don't work and it won't load game profiles. I have to reinstall the driver if I reboot or shutdown and restart. Any Ideas? Thanks.
April 11th 07 03:30 AM
by Kris Go to last post
2 125
Wireless G vs N by Darkelldar[_4_]
I have upgraded to a wireless N router with rangeboost, Picked up a matching rangboosted PCI card for my PC. The problem is that the N is dropping out and has signal strength of fair to low it is connecting at 300 mbp's but is very unstable. I went back to my wireless G USB adapter and I get good to excellent signal strength and it does not drop off. All other G devices & computers work...
November 18th 08 10:27 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
1 387
Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro Joystick by DarkJon2004
My friend has a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro Joystick and windows xp but the sidewinder isn't the usb kind and xp audio dectect isn't seeing it why? -- I Love Jesus and my wife and family and friends and beauty.
March 22nd 08 10:30 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 229
Boot up problem by darknothing
the normal boot for my pc goes floppy,Hard drive, cd rom but i cant get vista to boot up that way i get disk boot fail replace disk and try again , the only way i can get it to boot up is cd rom hard drive, cd rom and the vista cd has to be in the cd tray. whats going on?
February 18th 07 12:41 AM
by andy Go to last post
1 193
leagacy problems with vista by darkride_comando
I just bought a new laptop with Vista installed. I also purchased a webcam that will not run with vista, but works on my older machine (XP) Also, I cannot find patches for autocad or a number of my business applications. Are there legacy drives / patches for vista that will support older hardware / software? HELP!!!
April 8th 07 12:02 AM
by joepercussion1 Go to last post
3 132
compatability isues by darkride_comando
does vista have a fix that will allow devices that are working on xp and older systems to be compatable? I just bought a new laptop with Vista installed, I also bouht a new webcam. The cam works with XP on my old machine, but gets no video on the Vista machine. I thought that Vista would at least support Legacy drivers and devices. Why does Vista not run certain applications due to...
April 5th 07 03:53 AM
by Rock Go to last post
3 135
DVD problem after vista sp1 installation by Dark_Shadow
Yesterday i installed SP1 on my vista ultimate x64 via microsoft update after that all was ok expect for the dvd drive it cannot read dvd's anymore cd's are ok though i figured that this is a problem that began after the installation of sp1 cause before it was ok and my dvd drive is making some noice sometimes just like when i insert a disk in it. anyone knows what could the problem be?
April 21st 08 05:06 PM
by Dark_Shadow[_2_] Go to last post
3 172
audio codecs by Darlene McDaniel
I am using Vista Home Basic. I used to be able to do voice chat on Yahoo when I used XP, but now when I try, I get this error message "This computer does not support the required audio compression format" Supposedly what I need is the DSSP true speech audio codec that was installed with XP. Is this true and where can I get it?
February 16th 08 11:03 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 171
1394 IEEE firewire code 10 error in vista by Darren S
Platform: Vista Home Premium SP2 and SP1 Problem Description: VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller This device cannot start. (Code 10) Attempted solutions: Uninstall / Re-install: Error, Device Driver was not Correctly installed. Check Driver: Driver update tells me I have the right driver.
July 19th 09 06:00 AM
by Keith[_10_] Go to last post
3 257
Hard Drive Partition Missing by Darren Windle
I recently bought a Packard bell machine. I noticed that there was a spare partition on the drive otherwise Y:\. This is only shown when I do a recovery on the machine. but when it gets booted to the GUI it doesnt show in "My Computer". is there a way that I can access this part of the drive so it can be used for storage. regards Darren
July 2nd 07 02:53 AM
by MrBill Go to last post
5 107
Joystick Help by Darren Windle
I have a Logic3 USB Pro Flight Stick, This used to work on my old XP machine. But after getting a new windows Vista Home Premium machine, it does not recognise it. It tells me that it cant find any drivers for it. can anyone help? Thanks Darren
July 2nd 07 02:20 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 98
Wireless adapter problem by darrenhart
Hello, I'm using a netgear wg111v2 wireless usb adapter with 64 bit vista. When I turn off my monitor, the usb adapter is disabled and I have to unplug it and plug it back in again to reconect. As long as the monitor doesn't turn off it stays conected fine. Any advice?
January 29th 08 03:26 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
3 145
Missing RAM by darrenhart
I'm running Vista 64 bit with four gig of RAM and a Geforce 7100 gs Video card. THe computer is showing 3199mb of Ram. Total Available Graphics memory is 1471MB Dedicated Video is 128 MB System Video is 0MB and Shared System Memory is 1343 MB. How can I get it to see 4 gig of ram?
December 19th 07 08:29 PM
by jorgen[_2_] Go to last post
6 133
windows 6 - 4 adaptor by darrenl
i have got this message under network adaptors This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31) can anybody throw any light on this for me, please? i am using a compaq presario computer purchased in june 2007 with vista home premium pre-installed. i am not a computer expert so explanation will hopefully be in plain english.
August 6th 07 10:06 AM
by Bob J Go to last post
1 120
Device Set Up by Darryl
I just loaded some music and created a playlist from using URGE for Windows Media Player. I pluged in my iPod in order to transfer the songs intio the iPod, but nothing happens once it's pluged in. How do get the player to recognize that my iPod is plugged into the USB port?
March 11th 07 03:16 AM
by Mikeh Go to last post
2 161
Unable to detect DVD device by Darryl Von Rokk
Hi, I recently purchased a Dell with Vista 64 bit. I have been watching DVD's the past few days on it without any problems. I was able to watch one this morning but when a put another one in I received the following message: *Unable to detect DVD or DVD device on this computer*. This computer has yet to be hooked up online, so nothing new has been added or updated on it. I rebooted, as well as...
July 6th 09 11:36 AM
by Darryl Von Rokk Go to last post
5 324
Vista 64 BAD Memory Problem by darrylw99
I've had my machine for about a year and its always Bluescreened on me. At first i thought it was the 2 graphics cards, so I've just removed them. But i'm still getting the problem. So I did a check on my memory (using the Memory Diagnostic Tool) and it tells me that out of the 4 ram sticks 3 of them cannot be written to in certain ranges. My question is can I force Vista to ignore certain...
December 4th 08 12:25 PM
by Paul Shapiro Go to last post
2 295
Home Prem x64 SP2 RC1 wrong HD order by DarthNeo
This is the second desktop computer I am putting together and installing Vista on. I discovered that on both (different motherboards, CPUs, HDs) Vista reverses HD order during install. I know exactly what HD is connected to SATA socket 1 (socket 0 is for SATA DVD writer) and which is connected to socket 3. BIOS shows them correctly as SCSI-0 and SCSI-1. Yet Vista persistently calls the...
March 31st 09 12:25 AM
by DarthNeo Go to last post

From The