Windows only sees 2Gb of Ram by SiP
Running Vista Business on DFI Infinity 975X/G with 4Gb of DDR2-800. For some reason the bios reports the full 4Gb but windows only ever reports 2Gb (I know the GFX card would take some but I was expecting approx 3Gb). Run MemTest86 tests overnight so it's not the dims. Any ideas?
March 3rd 07 07:19 PM
by Steve Jain Go to last post
3 224
Can't find the right driver, standard driver by Kees
Hi all, I have a new selfbuild computer with a DVDR from Sony NEC Optiarc (AD5170A) and the drive works fine form scratch, even booting and installing VISTA Home premium with it. After 4 weeks I got an error, nothing was readable in the drive anymore. Looking at the Properties from the DVDR i see: "Kan het apparaatstuurprogramma voor dit apparaat niet in het geheugen laden. Mogelijk is het...
March 3rd 07 08:52 PM
by Mary Go to last post
1 227
USB Port will not detect any devices by Banana
I was trying to install the driver for my cellphone but my computer freezed. I had to menually reboot the computer. But after that Window Vista stop detecting my mouse(usb mouse) and external HDD. Seems like all my 8 USB port stop working. But I know it's not my computer because I can see my computer is detecting the external HDD in the Bios. But somehow it doesn't detecting from the window....
March 3rd 07 08:55 PM
by seany Go to last post
3 235
C-Audio Drivers by Martin
I bought a USB headphone and mic combi its a CPT-101UX which I was using for Skype, MSN etc, it didn't need drivers in XP but now its asking for drivers and windows Can't find them thoughts? Martin
March 3rd 07 09:00 PM
by Conor Go to last post
4 241
Power Management Media Player Outlook problems by SWJG
I've made my subject a keyword string to match my problem and to hopefully help others with the same problems as me. Excuse group cross posting but I've posted this where I have found others discussing power managment issues. Executive Summary: Power Managment features of Win Vista are not behaving as designed and causing issues after hybrid sleep of the machine where a range of...
March 3rd 07 09:03 PM
by SWJG Go to last post
0 221
Vista 64 with AMD Turin Dell 1501 usb drivers by wcr
I am having problems with the usb drivers on the Vista Ultimate edition on a fresh install . I cannot locate a driver. I installed microsoft streets and trips 2007 with gps and vista will not recognize the supplied driver. The product support team told me Vista is still in development and there are no drivers available.... Any help please.
March 3rd 07 09:03 PM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
4 262
usb device not recognised by Jakey.uk07
i have a usb pen drive which i just stick into my computer and college computers. i put it in today and it says that the device is not recognised. im have just put vista on 4 days ago and all my other pen drives still work. is there any ay i can install the drivers for it or tell the computer that its a pen drive. Its from tesco so they dont have any drivers for it as it was a christmas...
March 3rd 07 09:21 PM
by Jakey.uk07 Go to last post
0 209
Realtek AC'97 audio driver provided by Microsoft. Audio error MCE by GT
Realtek AC'97 audio on HP. the audio error message and distorted music randomly happen in Vista MCE. This Realtek AC'97 audio driver was downloaded on Window Update. driver Version 5.10.05730
March 3rd 07 09:54 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 253
Vista Driveer for Olivetti Anyway WiFI by Andy
Has anybody got any idea if the above All in One will function with Vista I have tried the XP drivers but cannot get the printer to work Wirelessly Thanks
March 3rd 07 09:54 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 224
Zoom 5510 Usb Adsl Modem Problem by wheniwaschild
I have installed Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit and then i'm trying install Zoom 5510 Usb Adsl Modem but I don't connect 10.0.0.2. I don't resolve problem :(
March 3rd 07 10:33 PM
by sevinc Go to last post
2 221
New Motherbaord and Videocard by Martin Racette
Hi, I change my motherboard from an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe to a Foxconn C51XEM2AA, so that my Geforce 8800GTS would work So far I got about half of the problem fix, I can now boot the installation from the DVD, when it start from the HDD, I get a quick BSOD, and then it reboot. I tried to use my old VideoCard, 6600GT, so that I could uninstall the video
March 3rd 07 11:06 PM
by pete Go to last post
3 220
Palm - Active Sync by JMSFMTEX
Will VISTA sync with my Palm?
March 4th 07 01:00 AM
by Robert Gustafson Go to last post
6 279
Advance tools and performance issue: warning by GT
P4 2.8ghz HT, 1.5gb, 160gb, Ati 9550 256mb agp 8x. I open up Advanced tools and notice below Performance issues that it displayed a warning icon with message Performance can be improved by changing visual settings. View details. I look at the details and a window pop up with a message: Adjust visual setting to improve peformance The current visual setting might not result in the best...
March 4th 07 02:16 AM
by GT Go to last post
0 197
Vista, Sleep, and nVidia by Steve Jain
I installed the new nVidia 101.41 drivers today and intial test indicate that sleep/hibernate is working! I am a bit cautious, because I did get this to work ONCE before with some non-reproducable combination of drivers. -- Cheers, Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP http://vpc.essjae.com/
March 4th 07 02:34 AM
by Steve Jain Go to last post
3 199
Geforce Series 5000 driver by Mauricio
Is there any driver for vista? I have fx5900xt and using microsoft provided drivers. I thing nvidia support from 6 to 8 series.
March 4th 07 03:21 AM
by pvdg42 Go to last post
6 227
Windows Vista, nVidia & Media Issues by Jason
I'm having a problem with my PC since installing Windows Vista (Ultimate 64-bit). It seems there are serious issues with media playback, so much so that whenever I try to watch a video my system dies, whenever I try to run the performance evaluator and the system gets to media playback evaluation, it dies and whatever I try to burn video to DVD, the system dies. Sometimes I get lucky and...
March 4th 07 03:42 AM
by Mark Go to last post
5 205
FYI - Vista won't restart afterinstalling an Astra 6400 scanner by Rich
After trying to install the 376f XP software for my Umax Astra 6400 flatbed scanner Windows Vista won't restart. I had to reload Vista as no restore point was made to undo in Safe-Mode. Nothing I tryed worked.
March 4th 07 04:39 AM
by Rich Go to last post
0 188
System Requirments by KDenton
This has got to be somewhere on Microsoft's site, but I have searced high and low and can't find the answer. I would like to know what is recommended (on a new system) to run Vista in a home environment. Also, if I have Office 2007 on this new system and my office is using Office 2002, are they compatible? In other words, if I receive an attachment in an email from my office done in Word...
March 4th 07 04:51 AM
by Andrew Murray Go to last post
4 217
Megasky 580 Driver by Martin
Has anyone managed to get a MSI megasky 580 Mini (USB2) working ? all i need is the driver so I can use media center in Ultimate Martin
March 4th 07 07:32 AM
by Martin Go to last post
2 207
First UAC secure desktop prompt not so smooth on Ati Radeon 9550. by GT
First UAC secure desktop prompt is not so smooth in Ati Radeon 9550. During the first UAC prompt triggered by me my monitor completely get black and blank nothing is showing, pauses for 1-2 second and then it shows the UAC box prompt. The blank, black screen also shows when logging off and logging on. Has anyone experience this on Ati Radeon 9550 or any graphic card? I had Ati Radeon 9200...
March 4th 07 10:09 AM
by BillD Go to last post

From The