SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec by David
Hello! Possible bug follows: I just recently installed RC1 and it was pretty smooth--except for the sound. While it runs mostly out of the box and I can not record anything using my microphone. At first it used some generic driver (Microsoft High Defintion Audio.. something like that) and after fiddling with it I think I was able to get it to use the updated driver from Windows Update to...
March 14th 08 08:13 AM
by cmahendra Go to last post
2 341
Core 2 CPU Upgrade: Pentium 4 to Core 2 by David
I have an ABIT IP-95 MB with 2GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory with an Intel Pentium 4 2.66GHz 1 MB Cache CPU. I am thinking of buying a core 2 Intel chip for an upgrade. I can get a Intel E6600 (2.4GHZ and 4MB cache) for about $225 The 6320 at 1.8GHz and 4MB cache is $175. In between these two there is the E6420 (2.13GHz and 4MB cache) at $215.
June 10th 07 07:30 PM
by freddy Go to last post
5 186
crcdisk.sys and Vista Enterprise total system meltdown dell xps 41 by David
Running Microsoft Vista Enterprise on Dell XPS 410 w/ Dual 250GB SATA drives on internal Dell SATA (intel) RAID controller using raid level 1. System ran microsoft update to install updates and i also installed the update for the creative sb x-fi sound card that came with the system. upon rebooting the system will continue to start loading and then restart. I tried the system in safe mode...
March 26th 08 12:56 PM
by Siddhesht Go to last post
1 221
Changing the microprocessor by David
So If I want to change my micro to a new faster dual-core version, will I have to re-load Windows (Vista), etc. or can I just swop the old micro out for the new one and boot up as normal? (The old one is also a dual-core). Both Intel types. Thanks in advance.
October 5th 07 05:25 AM
by David Go to last post
8 190
MP3 player not being read by david
I have vista and WMP11 preinstaled on my new computer. I also have napster, and it wont read any of my portable devices. I had no problems with XP but when I plug in my MP3 player it wont read anything, just to safely remove hardware. Any suggestions?
October 15th 07 03:38 AM
by Spirit Go to last post
1 112
Vista Ultimate 64 doesnt show correct RAM by David
Hello, I have Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit edition, CPU E6550 (4gbRAM 4*1gb Kensington ddr677), p35-ICH9 motherboard (checked, most recent bios) ATI 2600pro catalyist 7.10 (working, but small secondary output problem) 320Gb SATA2 harddisk. It is a brand new computer, XP pro was on before, then I realised i could go 64bit, ( all hell broke loose) installed Vista 64 Ultimate. The point is...
November 13th 07 11:00 AM
by David Go to last post
9 186
blue csreen by david
i get a blue screen when i boot up...the error is #3 and says that my panda process protection service isnt started..when i try and start it the device is missing and i cant find it
March 2nd 08 09:48 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 114
blue screen by david
March 2nd 08 04:50 PM
by .Joe[_11_] Go to last post
1 120
blue screen at startup by david
I get bluescreen when i login it blinks 3 times the first one lasts about 5 sec. what could cause this
March 2nd 08 05:13 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 111
Computer thinks hardware is connected by David
I have no hardware connected to my laptop (no printers, flash drives, iPods, etc.), but the computer keeps making the "safely remove hardware" beep every few minutes. The icon to do this quickly appears on the bottom taskbar for a second. I was able to catch it and open it, but it shows no hardware. How can I stop the comoputer from thinking something is attached?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 24th 08 12:06 AM
by Beth Sexton[_2_] Go to last post
13 248
Maximize Vista's RAM to 4Gb by David
I posted this in the General Discussion, but I feel this is a better place I just recently built a new machine with the latest components and installed Vista Ultimate 32 bit edition on it. I have 4 Gb of RAM in the machine, but Vista only displays 3.325 Gb of it. I have read that I can do a boot.ini "hack" with /PAE to enable it to read all 4Gb but wanted to know a few things. I am a gamer...
February 15th 07 06:58 PM
by David Go to last post
7 208
Vista and LPC Interface Controller by David
My newly installed Vista Business Edition shows an "Unknown Device" as the "Intel(R) 82801EB LPC Interface Controller" in the "Device Properties" section of 'Device Manager'. Anybody know what this is and do I need it? I presume it is hardware on the motherboard. The p.c. works okay, (except for Media Player 11). Vista cannot find a driver for this device. Thanks. Bye.
February 11th 07 02:18 AM
by David Go to last post
0 254
Disk Management "Connecting to Virtual Disk Service" by David
I'm in the Computer Management console trying to start the Disk Management snap-in so I can format a new hard drive. Computer Management Storage Disk Management. All I get is "Connecting to Virtual Disk Service ... " in the status line. Under Services, the Virtual Disk Service is Started (Automatic) and the services it's dependent on are also started. I can see the new disk in Device...
March 12th 08 03:21 PM
by bas75 Go to last post
2 240
Dell Latitude D410 w/ Intel 915GM Graphics Chipset Display Problem by David
Running Vista RC1 32-bit System is a dell latitude d410 w. intel 915gm display chipset. Problem is that the screen can only be set at a maximum of 1024x768 under resolution for the PnP monitor and that it can not be increased to the native resolution of 1280x1024 when using the pnp monitor, there is another monitor listed, the default monitor and when selected it will allow me to change the...
September 12th 06 04:34 PM
by David Go to last post
0 193
hp LaserJet 1012 Works with Vista Ultimate RTM by David A. Lessnau
I just wanted to let people know that, at least on my system, the hp LaserJet 1012 (1010 series) does work (at least basically) under Vista Ultimate RTM. I couldn't run the actual HP driver software since it faults almost immediately under Vista. Instead, I just turned on the printer and Vista looked for the drivers. It couldn't find any on its own, so I pointed it to HP's install CD. ...
January 14th 07 01:26 AM
by Michal Kawecki Go to last post
2 167
Use Motherboard Setup CD or Use Vista's Device Drivers? by David A. Lessnau
I just installed Vista Ultra RTM on a new motherboard (ECS PX1 (1.0B) -- a P965-based system). Without having used the motherboard's Setup CD, I have no yellow-question-marks (or whatever the equivalent is for Vista) under Device Manager. It looks like Vista found everything on its own and installed working drivers right out of the box (OOB). But, should I accept those drivers as the best...
January 5th 07 11:37 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
3 146
Microsoft Wireless Mouse 6000 Scrolling in Quicken 2005 under Vista Ultimate by David A. Lessnau
I just replaced my Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 (mouse & keyboard) with a Logitech Cordless Desktop because 1) I hated the Desktop 6000 keyboard, and 2) Microsoft's Intellimouse software prevented Vista Ultimate from activating the screensaver with that mouse. After making the change, I noticed that the mouse-wheel scrolling problem I'd been having in Quicken 2005 Premier had also...
February 6th 07 02:15 PM
by David A. Lessnau Go to last post
0 168
New Vista Information Forum by David B.
Thank you for spamming the groups AND not properly cross posting. -- ---- Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm http://www.db-pc.com _________________________________________________________________________________
March 8th 07 06:18 PM
by David B. Go to last post
0 122
WD SATA Drive configured by Vista as a SCSI Drive by David Bailey
My hard drive seems to be working overtime and when I checked it in the Device Manager I noticed its listed as a WD SCSI Disk Drive when its actually an SATA drive. Went to the WD Website and the same old story "Western Digital does not provide technical support or drivers for our products installed under Windows Vista because Microsoft has not finalized the operating system for public...
October 4th 06 01:58 PM
by Theo Go to last post
3 273
Unknown Device. by David Barratt
Hi all, I've recently installed Vista Ultimate. Looking in the 'Device Manager' I found an unknown device. Upon further inspection I discovered that it is for my Mustek 1200 UB Plus scanner. Under 'Hardware Ids the message is: 'USB\VID_05D8&PID_4002&REV_0100 and USB\VID_05D8&PID_4002. As I understand it there is no driver for this scanner yet. Can anyone
December 21st 06 12:43 PM
by Dave Go to last post
2 1,140

From The