Broadcom WLAN by Norm
Hi, Running Windows vista Home Premium I seem to have lost the WLAN Broadcom under device manager... HOW do I restore it? thanks
July 20th 08 04:20 AM
by berniematt Go to last post
6 200
CD/DVD Missing - Dead Horse? by Matthew Armshaw
I was looking through old posts hoping to find a easy solution to the following problem: My CD/DVD went missing. I tried re-loading drivers from on-line. no luck. I tried a system-rollback - no luck. As it was a Toshiba product - I went to they're website - they provide no support or community help. I would happily re-boot the system - but I dont have a cd/dvd drive anymore! I tried...
July 20th 08 02:57 AM
by Justbob30 Go to last post
3 164
DVD drivers by Dave1166
I installed HP DVD movie writer, but the program can't find the DVD writer when I try to use the program. I suspect the problem is as follows: There are 5 drives on the computer - C,D,E,G,H. C&D are the hard drive; E is the CD/DVD drive built into the computer; G is labeled "rremovable disk"; H is the movie wrtiter drive. The problem seems to be that the software for this program is...
July 20th 08 01:27 AM
by Dave1166 Go to last post
2 125
Vista Backup Can Not Access NAS by Rob
Hello: I have a Buffalo Linkstation Pro NAS which I am trying to use for Vista native backup. I can see the drive in the backup dialogue, but I am blocked by a challenge for user name and password. I am logged in as administrator without any password assigned to my account. I have tried every combination of user name without success.
July 20th 08 12:09 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 121
No Parallel Printer but Event Error Log each bootup... by vista[_7_]
Vista Home Premium w/SP1 all Windows Updates applied. I have no parallel port on this motherboard (that I know of g), Device Manager doesn't show any Parallel port devices or ports, but Event Viewer continues to log the below error each boot: The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or...
July 19th 08 09:31 PM
by vista[_7_] Go to last post
7 143
Vista BSOD from keyboard by Orgbrat
Got a little issue with Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard and wondered if anyone had any idea's. This software keeps crashing my system, then on reboot up pops the Problem Reports and Solution window saying the following: The problem was caused by BTC Keyboard. BTC Keyboard was created by BTC. This product is no longer supported by the manufacturer. Recommendation A newer version of BTC...
July 19th 08 11:35 AM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
2 130
PLEASE HELP ME WITH A NTFS Error by mcryer
When i boot my computer up I get an error message of Checking file system on C: The type of file system is NTFS One of your disks needs to be checked for constistency. Windows will not check the drive. CHKDSK is verifiying files (stage 1 of 3) It gets to 5 percent and stops. Also when it first logs on it says to press any key for it not to go and
July 19th 08 04:07 AM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
4 173
Devices will not sync by ilovemyprobe
I have a Sony Vaio BX61MN running vista business SP1. Additional software added to spec is AVG free anti virus, Intunes 7.7 When I connect my XDA Orbit (PDA made by HTC) I hear the "ba-bamp" sound, suggesting that the device will soon sync and that "Mobile Device Center 6.1" will open up. 20 seconds later "ba-bamp" can be heard again and second time around the MDC software opens up. The sync...
July 18th 08 11:29 PM
by ilovemyprobe Go to last post
1 130
keyboard by bud
my keyboard is making hold down the keys for about 5 sec. what can i do about it?
July 18th 08 09:11 PM
by bud Go to last post
3 133
Can't see external hard drive in Windows Explorer by tgeorge
I am connecting an external hard drive (Acomdata 250G drive - pretty standard) via USB to my HP laptop running Vista. I am able to see the device listed under Disk Drives in the Device Manager. Drilling into Properties, I see that the device is running properly and, having re-loaded the device drivers, I have the most recent drivers. The issue: I am unable to see the device listed in...
July 18th 08 08:34 PM
by Edwin Leal Go to last post
6 126
Vista burning feature not recognizing its own disk by George
I only use Vista built-in burning feature to backup important files. I’m not interested in burning movies, music, make bootable disks, etc. I have only one DVD that I use all the time until it is full. The problem is when occasionally I want to add a few more files to the DVD, Vista generates this request: "Windows can’t write to the disk you inserted. Please insert a writable disk into...
July 18th 08 07:54 PM
by George Go to last post
0 115
2 boots drives, want one. by Shell
I had a 320 Gig Vista as master drive. This drive started to give me grief. I installed a 1TB drive with one 250G partition and was able to install Vista on it. As it is, I can boot eitehr one by halting Bios and changing the boot drive there (a rather cumbersome means). I want to get files off the older 320G drive, but I can't get past "USERS" folder. Vista 1Tb green progress bar runs...
July 18th 08 07:38 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 129
burner by Janneth
hello I am try to publish a movie from movie maker. the last week everything was fine .I burner 4 cds .. until I was going to burner another one, but it pop up a message saying that cd burner not found it and that should turn on the burner. then I try to find the program,but I can not do it. until now It does not work,..
July 18th 08 03:58 PM
by Janneth Go to last post
0 108
vista startup problem - black screen/no video signal by Ramsden
Hi Hi Guys, I've had some serious bad luck luck and in absolute frustration I'm turning to you guys and girls for help! Problem: Vista loads up and just before the logo screen (when you can hear the vista jingle) the screen blacks out. In fact i'm pretty sure my monitor simply loses signal as I can still hear the sound so it seems like Vista continues
July 18th 08 03:09 PM
by Hopey[_2_] Go to last post
4 140
widows verkenner by john bene
hallo ik krijg iedere keer de melding windows verkenner werkt niet meer en daardoor denk ik kan ik ook mijn cofiguratiescherm niet meer openen wie kan mij er mee helpen graag
July 18th 08 09:51 AM
by echrada[_2_] Go to last post
1 209
Create disable/enable device shortcut for sound card? by smarteyeball[_3_]
I recently upgraded my sound card to an Azuentech X-Plosion Cinema (Nice card BTW) which I connect to my receiver via coax. I also connect my Xbox 360 to the receiver via optical. The dilemma: Both the coax and optical inputs on my receiver are on the same input (Sat/Cable) which means in order to hear sound from my 360 I must disable the sound card in device manager and then re-enable it...
July 18th 08 06:44 AM
by smarteyeball[_3_] Go to last post
3 164
USB connecting problem by chrissai
Guys 'n' Gals, A month or so ago I tried to plug my 'Kingston USB pen' (http://www.popvoucher.co.uk/cheap-kingston-datatraveler-100_lid-qmcommcf.html) into my PC (Vista X64) to download some photos. The Usb pen said it was being charged but the PC seems to have no inkling that it's connected. I can't force it to pick it up when it can't see anything there at all. I've not been able to connect...
July 18th 08 06:39 AM
by chrissai Go to last post
0 148
Digital Camera Driver by Tim
Vista appears to be incompatible with the driver for my Canon SD Powershot 1000. Have searched Canon website, aand spoken to tech support. They say it is MS's problem. Suggestions/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 08 01:28 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
12 277
Code 10 by MegaBite
I have a HP Pavillion a767c with a DVD+R/RW ddrive & DVD-ROM drive. I loaded Apple iTunes and both DVD drives something uninstalled both DVD drives. When I reboot, the drives are discovered and the drivers try to load. The load fails with an error message of CODE 10. i am running Vista Home Premium. Anyone with any ideas?
July 18th 08 12:43 AM
by MegaBite Go to last post
4 148
USB jump drive no longer works with Vista by Len
Cruzer jump drive does not work with Vista but does work on my other comptuer with XP. It did work until recently but now the system wants to format the drive instead of allowing me to drag and drop files. The multimedia drive also quit working. Using Vista Premium on a Toshiba A205 -S4607. Have been unable to find an email for tech support from Toshiba. Will not buy another computer from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 17th 08 11:27 PM
by Matthew Armshaw Go to last post

From The