USB Flash drives not recognized by AOTech
Under Vista Ultimate, when I insert a flash drive, the OS does not recognize it as a USB Mass storage device, and prompts for drivers. Here are some details: 1. This system was upgraded from XP 2. A Sandisk Cruzer Mini 1GB flash drive was installed prior to the upgrade (this device is the only thumbdrive that works) 3. A USB card reader is present (system allocates 4 removable disks) and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 24th 10 07:57 AM
by Vinoy Vijayan Go to last post
32 1,329
Help - TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA by Carlos
TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA. Hi, I’m Carlos, asking for help, I’m runnig Windows Vista Home Basic (32 bits) and my laptop is a Dell Vostro 1000. Somehow I have lost the driver information for the Cd drive, it is a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA device, when you go to the device manager there is a little yellow exclamation mark, further still in volumes (I think) there is no data. There...
February 24th 10 04:56 AM
by Fed Bayle Go to last post
6 631
bluescreen prblem need your help asp by ehsan
Hi I bought a laptop a few days ago and I install some application on it. I use internet download manager (IDM) to download things when I am downloading this bluescreen occur. My computer description:
February 23rd 10 08:11 PM
by ehsan Go to last post
0 362
External drives by iowabucks[_2_]
Hey everyone, i just got my 500gb Seagate drive back after it bricked from the little firmware issue they had. I also just purchased a 1TB WD drive. I don't really trust the Seagate any more and want to use the 1tb drive as a backup. I had backed up everything 6 months ago but it's amazing how much stuff you accumulate in 6 months time. I am not too knowledgable in hardrives. Not enough to do...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 23rd 10 05:34 PM
by pacinitaly Go to last post
16 752
D-Link DWL-G510 64 bit drivers by JustABloke
Hi, I purchased the above PCI Lan card on the strength of this - http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/ed1e3b7d-5ea7-4ad3-be3f-af29f7b48dde1033.mspx?mfr=true But newly installed copy of Home Premium 64 doesn't recognise it and I can't locate the drivers. D-Link technical support maintain they don't have 64 bit drivers available. D-Link sales have said they'll send me a link...
February 23rd 10 01:51 PM
by zerofox Go to last post
5 449
Need info on using a web cam by The Learner
Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup for getting information on the use of a web cam - but, if it is, please point me in the right direction. I can't find a newsgroup for webcams. Thanks.
February 23rd 10 03:00 AM
by The Learner Go to last post
6 454
Dual Displays by Earl Watkins
I want to connect my Sharp Aquos flat screen TV to my computer, and see my desktop on both the TV and computer monitor. Windows Vista Home Premium. HP Pavilion a1610n computer. Galaxy GeForce 8400 GS graphics card, outputs: 1-VGA, 1-DVI, and 1-SVGA. There is no HDMI port on the card. I connected a VGA cable between the motherboard "on-board" VGA port and the TV, figuring that I could use that...
February 22nd 10 11:38 PM
by TheDuck[_2_] Go to last post
6 377
Dual Displays by Earl Watkins
I want to connect my Sharp Aquos flat screen TV to my computer, and see my desktop on both the TV and computer monitor. Windows Vista Home Premium. HP Pavilion a1610n computer. Galaxy GeForce 8400 GS graphics card, outputs: 1-VGA, 1-DVI, and 1-SVGA. There is no HDMI port on the card. I connected a VGA cable between the motherboard "on-board" VGA port and the TV, figuring that I could use that...
February 22nd 10 03:55 PM
by Earl Watkins Go to last post
0 275
Need info on using a web cam by The Learner
Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup for getting information on the use of a web cam - but, if it is, please point me in the right direction. I can't find a newsgroup for webcams. Thanks.
February 22nd 10 03:21 PM
by The Learner Go to last post
0 268
Refresh Rate too high...how to fix it? by FusionFocus
I have a 22 inch widescreen monitor and a 9500GT nVidia graphics card. I noticed that the icons and the font in Vista was rather large earlier, so I tried to fix it. I accidentally set the refresh rate too high, and now I'm in Safe Mode trying to see how I can fix this so I can return to normal mode. I've tried restoring the system back to 2.18.10, but it didn't work. All it did was load up the...
February 21st 10 01:16 PM
by Curious[_6_] Go to last post
5 394
Windows 7 help? by MarioNYoshiNWarioBROSFAN
I don't know if this belongs here or not, but is there a specific newsgroup for windows 7 or should I post windows 7 issues/questions here?
February 20th 10 06:59 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
6 406
Windows 7 help? by MarioNYoshiNWarioBROSFAN
I don't know if this belongs here or not, but is there a specific newsgroup for windows 7 or should I post windows 7 issues/questions here?
February 20th 10 03:06 AM
by MarioNYoshiNWarioBROSFAN Go to last post
0 270
How do I uninstall CHIC - Other Hardware - USB Browser Mouse updat by _Ian_
After I downloaded and installed this update my labtec usb mouse has stopped working. I also tried my generic wireless mouse and my hp wireless mouse and I would always come up with the same error. Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. USB Browser Mouse An error occurred during the installation of the device. The driver...
February 20th 10 12:00 AM
by mrshaver Go to last post
4 259
Another IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL situation by dasgregorian
So, I've been getting the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD for the last couple weeks. Lately it's down to a couple times per hour. Quite horrible. error Description: Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 10 09:51 PM
by Rick Kennedy Go to last post
10 707
External drives by iowabucks[_2_]
Hey everyone, i just got my 500gb Seagate drive back after it bricked from the little firmware issue they had. I also just purchased a 1TB WD drive. I don't really trust the Seagate any more and want to use the 1tb drive as a backup. I had backed up everything 6 months ago but it's amazing how much stuff you accumulate in 6 months time. I am not too knowledgable in hardrives. Not enough to do...
February 19th 10 04:18 AM
by iowabucks[_2_] Go to last post
0 243
windows vista by cristina
What I like most about Windows Vista is the Sidebar because of the useful gadgets. For example, Facebook, weather and the news help me keep up with my friends and whats going on around the world.
February 19th 10 02:53 AM
by LVTravel Go to last post
2 398
no network connections after windows update by Domd
Hi all I recently updated my vista home and since then I have no network connections whatsoever. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my Intel pro/wireless 3945 ABG network connection and it still doesnt work. I emailed microsoft support and after 2 days they said check the knowledge base or post here... Any ideas?
February 18th 10 11:27 PM
by Domd Go to last post
0 305
windows vista by cristina
What I like most about Windows Vista is the Sidebar because of the useful gadgets. For example, Facebook, weather and the news help me keep up with my friends and whats going on around the world.
February 18th 10 08:31 PM
by cristina Go to last post
0 257
Vista Shut down issues by JoeMack
I'm running an HP dv7-1270us laptop with Vista 64. The last several weeks I've been experiencing very slow (up to 4 minutes) shutdown times. I went into the event log files and am going to paste the last two shutdown event logs below. It would appear that something is causing the "shutdownkerneltime" is lagging as the bulk of the shutdown sequence builds up there (81627ms out of the total...
February 18th 10 12:12 PM
by JoeMack Go to last post
0 281
Vista Shut down issues by JoeMack
I'm running an HP dv7-1270us laptop with Vista 64. The last several weeks I've been experiencing very slow (up to 4 minutes) shutdown times. I went into the event log files and am going to paste the last two shutdown event logs below. It would appear that something is causing the "shutdownkerneltime" is lagging as the bulk of the shutdown sequence builds up there (81627ms out of the total...
February 18th 10 12:12 PM
by JoeMack Go to last post

From The