Vista RC1 Disables DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo by Jonathan Dewar
Greetings, I've recently installed the Vista RC1 and everything works peachy, except my DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo drive. Vista will detect any disc after initial boot, but as soon as I attempt to place a second disc in the drive, Vista stalls the read process and the drive crashes. It no longer appears in the device manager and Vista no longer detects the device at all. If I boot into XP Home,...
September 13th 06 03:13 PM
by Loaner Go to last post
1 152
Adaptec Scsi 2930cu - need driver for RC1 by Bruce Arnold
I have RC1 booted from an EIDE drive but I also have drives and devices that run from an Adaptec Aha-2930cu Scsi card. Ven_9004, Dev_3860, Subsys_38699004, Rev_03. All of the Beta's worked until RC1. (With build 5472 I had to manually copy the aic78xx.* files into Windows\Inf folder.) I have not been successful with build 5600, RC1. The latest driver from Adaptec is for Win2k and this doesn't...
September 13th 06 03:43 PM
by Bruce Arnold Go to last post
0 162
Intel 845G Graphics Driver for Vista? by Sushovan
Is there a Windows Vista compatible graphics driver for Intel 845G chipsets? On pre-beta1 versions of Vista, I could use the Windows 2000 driver by manually installing the driver from the Device Manager... In RC1, you can't do that (You get a device install error every time you restart the computer, and the display flickers at startup)... so I am stuck with a Standard PnP VGA Driver... cant...
September 13th 06 05:13 PM
by Sushovan Go to last post
0 185
Hardware Monitor fails to register dll file on installation by Rick Hallman
I am trying to install Soyo Hardware Monitor 1.2. It reports temp and fan speed data. The installation appears to finish but evidently it fails to register a needed dll file. The error message I receive is "Run time error'48': file not found: itevio.dll". I searched the internet and found that people using another mfg's version of this same software were having the same problem under...
September 13th 06 06:31 PM
by Rick Hallman Go to last post
1 274
Windows Mobile Device Center by Lightfoote
Is there any estimate of release time for a patch to restore the functionality of synchronization betweeen MS Outlook and a Pocket PC? Regards! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to...
September 13th 06 07:13 PM
by Brice Go to last post
2 171
How do I get a desktop icon for the Volume Mixer or put it on the taskbar? by Irv Diamond
How do I get a desktop icon for the Volume Mixer or put it on the taskbar? Vista Build 5536. Thanks, Irvt
September 13th 06 07:26 PM
by Sascha Benjamin Jazbec Go to last post
1 186
Battery on Dell Inspiron 6000 by MFTSASser
Ever since I installed windows vista (the system was purchased with XP), this thing has been sucking battery power like lemonade on a Texas summer day. I am using power saver mode and I've been trying to use conservative settings. What's going on? Is anybody else noticing decreased battery life, all other things being equal?
September 13th 06 07:56 PM
by Joel Johnson Go to last post
1 179
Boot loader BCDedit & wirelss keyboard by Tony
I use an accuratus Bluetooth wireless keyboar/mouse. Not sure if its the same for other Wireless keyboard devices but I cannot navigate the bcdedit bootloader menu when configured to dual boot. Is it a known issue for wirelss devices or is it that my device is just not supported with Vista? Cheers
September 13th 06 08:10 PM
by Tony Go to last post
0 184
IntelliPoint & Intellitype on Vista by Cenote_man
To get IntelliPoint running on Vista: 1.. Grab the latest version of the Microsoft IntelliPoint software. 2.. Run setup, it will extract the files and folders to C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint 5.x\ 3.. After it extracts, exit setup. 4.. Open Windows Explorer, go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint 5.x\IPoint\SETUP, and find "oemsetup.exe" 5.. Download...
September 13th 06 10:04 PM
by Cenote_man Go to last post
0 158
A required CD/DVD drive device is missing by juls
Hi there, I tried to install Vista RC1 on a second HD partition but, with no luck. It comes up with: "A required CD/DVD drive device is missing" error and it wont go any further. I updated all the drivers but still no luck. With the same DVD I installed it on my VPC without any errors at all, but it's very slow when run from the VCP. Can someone give some ideas or suggestions on how to solve...
September 13th 06 10:25 PM
by juls Go to last post
0 163
RC1 missing SATA Controller by Joshua
Beta 2 didn't miss it, Win XP surely doesn't miss it, so why the heck is RC1 missing it??? RC1 fails to install the Intel 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller which came with my Dell 8400 PC. Instead I get the Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller...and this one keeps loosing my hard drives. At random, my 400GB drive will just vanish. When I try to install the Intel drivers, RC1 doesn't like it;...
September 14th 06 12:15 AM
by Joshua Go to last post
0 161
HP Photosmart 7550 by SteepleChaser
HP Photosmart 7550 Printer support for Windows Vista? Printer fails to complete the install process. Printer installed on dual boot system, working fine on xp side. any ideas would be appreciated Thank You
September 14th 06 01:06 AM
by Peter M Go to last post
3 129
ATI x700 pro 256 by Michael
ATI has a Vista Readiness applet that tells what you can run or not in Vista. Also, don't install CCC. Michael "Dave" wrote in message ... Installed drivers, uninstalled drivers, more than once, changed video card to 9600 pro, still can't get vista to work right with the rc1 beta drivers, the 80meg or 150...
September 14th 06 01:07 AM
by Dave Go to last post
3 143
Modem Not Working or Seen by Vista by Jason Saffer
Hi all, I've installed Vista on my system with a dual boot option (XP and Vista). When in XP, I can access the Net with my computer's modem, no problem. But when I boot into Vista, Vista doesn't seem to know that there's a modem present. I can't dial out at all while in Vista, I get a message that no modem is detected. Any ideas on how to fix this -- hopefully, without having to replace my...
September 14th 06 01:28 AM
by Jason Saffer Go to last post
2 157
Generic Voulume Driver ?? by Lincoln 6 Echo
Hi guys, I got vista installed on my LG LS-70 Express notebook, and I must admin, RC-1 RULEZ! Pretty much everything was detected except: MSI Bluetooth Device, my High Definition Audio Driver, and Mass Storage Device. First two were easy to fix with directing Vista to my XP Pro installation directory, where it found the needed info.
September 14th 06 01:34 AM
by Lincoln 6 Echo Go to last post
0 130
Intel Graphics Driver Widescreen... by jon lloyd
I can't seem to get the right resolution on Widescreen. I have a Gateway 7330GZ laptop and the Intel 82852/82855 Graphics Controller, but I can't adjust the resolution for widescreen. Thus, all my web pages are looking a bit stretched, and my desktop icons are huge. Just seems like everything is stretched enough to barely notice. Searched for a Vista driver from Intel, but no dice. Thanks...
September 14th 06 01:35 AM
by jon lloyd Go to last post
0 124
Conexant Sound with RC1 by James M
I have a Toshiba P105 and it was loaded with the Conexant Sound. After the installation of RC1 my sound stopped working. Currently it appears the Microsoft drivers are loaded. It recognizes the device as High Definition Audio. I try to load the Conexant XP drivers an it fails. In device properties this is the following error: This device cannot start. (Code 10) I have searched the web...
September 14th 06 01:55 AM
by James M Go to last post
0 117
Conexant Sound with RC1 by James M
I have a Toshiba P105 and it was loaded with the Conexant Sound. After the installation of RC1 my sound stopped working. Currently it appears the Microsoft drivers are loaded. It recognizes the device as High Definition Audio. I try to load the Conexant XP drivers an it fails. In device properties this is the following error: This device cannot start. (Code 10) I have searched the web...
September 14th 06 01:56 AM
by James M Go to last post
0 118
For everyone who needs soundblaster live drivers for vista64 bit by Dominic D
Hey guys, just want to confirm that winxp64 bit drivers works well on the soundblaster live cards on Vista64.Just thought i post it as i'v seen heaps of questions regarding this.
September 14th 06 02:54 AM
by Dominic D Go to last post
0 154
VISTA EYE CANDY and No Support for INTEL MotherBoards by Jon Acord
VISTA RC1 32 Bit / 64 Bit both provide no support for my PCI Video slots on my IntelĀ® Server Board SE7525RP2. I did a clean install on my 64 bit PC (both 32 bit and 64) using my NVIDIA PNY 7600 GT PCI Express card 2 Gigabytes of DD2 RAM. Keep in mind folks that this setup works fine with XP Professional 32 bit and 64 bit, which I am forced to run as we speak due to VISTA's inability to...
September 14th 06 03:04 AM
by Jon Acord Go to last post

From The