Problems using iPod Shuffle with Vista by ajh
Firstly, although the iPod installs OK Media player doesn't recognise it as a media device so can't be used. I'm sure I could do this on an earlier build. Secondly using iTunes (7 although from what I have read elsewhere, this doesn't seem to be a version specific issue) I can't do much at all. iTunes recognizes it OK but a restore or sync will fail (unknown error 1418) and disconnect. Also...
September 27th 06 07:47 PM
by ajh Go to last post
0 174
Problems using iPod Shuffle with Vista by ajh
Firstly, although the iPod installs OK Media player doesn't recognise it as a media device so can't be used. I'm sure I could do this on an earlier build. Secondly using iTunes (7 although from what I have read elsewhere, this doesn't seem to be a version specific issue) I can't do much at all. iTunes recognizes it OK but a restore or sync will fail (unknown error 1418) and disconnect. Also...
September 27th 06 07:48 PM
by ajh Go to last post
0 187
Event ID 11 error on wakeup??? by ajm786
I'm having a problem. I'm running Vista x64 Ultimate. I'm getting hundreds of Event ID 11 errors in my Event Viewer. The source is atapi. Here is what it states: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort2. Now, there is another twist to this. I ONLY get this error after waking up from either standby or hibernate. I do not get this error on first boot or subsequent reboot.
July 29th 08 12:15 PM
by ajm786 Go to last post
5 167
A7N8X-XE and SATA SIL 0680 Medley driver by ajmind
On the website http://www.siliconimage.com/support/supportsearchresults.aspx?pid=31&cid=3&ctid=2&osid=4& you can find a driver for vista beta2. Unfortunately they do not work for the embedded sil 0680 chip with RC1. Please drop a line if you were successful!
September 20th 06 08:47 PM
by ajmind Go to last post
0 214
RAID 1 on Vista Home Premium by AJR
I bought a laptop HP Pavilion DV9428, AMD Turion X2 2.2GHz, 2 Gb RAM, 2 x Toshiba 120Gb HD (device manager says SCSI !) I would like to mirror my main HD to the 2nd one in the event of a HD failure. I searched in my owner's manual and in Windows help file and could not find any information on how or if it can be done. Any comments or help will be appreciated. Thanks
January 15th 08 11:29 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
4 124
Anyone know the "all the hardwares" that support vista? by ajy0903
Hello. Does anyone know the "all the hardwares" that support vista? Please help me
October 5th 06 11:54 AM
by Telstar Go to last post
1 185
Anyone know "all the hardwares" that work with vista? by ajy0903
Does anyone know "all the hardwares" that work with vista? Please help me Thanks
October 4th 06 04:25 AM
by Spirefm Go to last post
1 211
Vista RC1 and ASUS P5W DH Deluxe by ajy0903
Hello. I have a question about Vista RC1 and ASUS P5W DH Deluxe. I was trying to install the Vista RC1 to my new motherboard, ASUS P5W DH Deluxe. When i put dvd of RC1 and boot it up to install it. When it boots into the part that the vista logo suppose to come out (of course it doesn't have logo yet), at the bottom of it, where is the bar, it got grayed out and it does nothing from that...
September 9th 06 09:19 PM
by ajy0903 Go to last post
0 451
Vista RC1 and ASUS P5W DH Deluxe by ajy0903
Hello. I have a question about Vista RC1 and ASUS P5W DH Deluxe. I was trying to install the Vista RC1 to my new motherboard, ASUS P5W DH Deluxe. When i put dvd of RC1 and boot it up to install it. When it boots into the part that the vista logo suppose to come out (of course it doesn't have logo yet), at the bottom of it, where is the bar, it got grayed out and it does nothing from that...
September 9th 06 09:26 PM
by ajy0903 Go to last post
0 413
Can u tell me full list of hardware that work with vista rc1 or la by ajy0903
Can u tell me full list of hardware that work with vista rc1 or later? Does anyone know about this?
October 4th 06 04:43 AM
by ajy0903 Go to last post
0 179
Fault bucket X64_0x50_ctaud2k+340ce, type 0 by AKABob-Wales
ha blue screened me can anyone help my system is OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name BOB-VISTA System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name System Type x64-based PC
October 31st 08 02:48 PM
by David Vair Go to last post
2 284
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12) by akagiredsun1
I'm suddenly having USB device issues, and upon closer examination, my OpenHCD USB controller is now giving me a Code 12 (This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use.) The only major updates I've had recently was the last Windows Update. I've tried removing the offender, and all my USB controllers and reinstalling them, but it comes back with the same error. I have the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 2nd 08 04:43 AM
by rcd43chad Go to last post
57 3,401
SAMSUNG Q1 AND CD DRIVER SOFTWARE by AKASORA
has anyone found a way to install the drivers that came with the cd? when try to install it it gives me a offline screen message. then i try to install all of them individualy, but it fails to do so as it launches a chain installer. the soundcard also does not work on vista i have contacted SRS labs but they failed to contact me back. i installed the card once it worked for about 10 min....
September 28th 06 01:03 AM
by AKASORA Go to last post
0 150
samsung q1 sound driver and cd drivers by AKASORA
has anyone found a way to install the drivers that came with the cd? when try to install it it gives me a offline screen message. then i try to install all of them individualy, but it fails to do so as it launches a chain installer. the soundcard also does not work on vista i have contacted SRS labs but they failed to contact me back. i installed the card once it worked for about 10 min....
September 28th 06 01:02 AM
by AKASORA Go to last post
0 180
FireWire by AkelA
Hello, I have a video camera that Vista does not recognize when I plug it into my FireWitre port. This is the second FireWire card I have tried but no effect. My friend has an XP SP2, and it worked there, so my cable and my cam are OK. Any ideas?
November 26th 07 07:09 AM
by Spirit Go to last post
3 176
Microphone mess by AkelA
I can not set up my microphone. It worked 100% fine with XP, now no sound comes out of it..... Any ideas? I have tried reconnecting, downloading the latest drivers for my sound card, tried the setup wizard thingy in Control Panel.... No effect!
November 21st 07 07:25 PM
by AkelA Go to last post
1 113
ISSCBTA Bluetooth USB Dongle by Akhilesh Agarwal
Hi, I have a ISSCBTA Bluetooth USB Dongle plugged into my computer running Windows Vista Ultimate Edition x64 RTM. It does not have the drivers for this USB Dongle. Can anyone suggest how to make this work, or where to get the drivers from? Akhilesh Agarwal
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 09 09:52 PM
by zaneyuan Go to last post
12 715
How to turn off Speedstep? by akita
Is there any way in Vista (32 bit) to turn off Intel’s Speedstep throttling? Having spend a couple of hours going through Vista’s various and numerous options (power options and so on) as well as spending some time researching this on the net, I simply cannot find a way to turn speedstep off via the GUI. My BIOS gives me two options: “Off” which sure enough turns speedstep off, but...
August 27th 09 07:41 PM
by undisclosed Go to last post
3 209
How to disable DfrgNtfs.exe? by akita
I recently noticed that whenever my laptop is an idle mode for a prolonged time, DfrgNtfs.exe comes in. I understand that this Vista’s native Disk Defragmenter. Since I am using Raxco’s Disk Defragmentation Utility, which seems to do a far better (and faster) job then the native Defragmenter, I would like to turn DfrgNtfs.exe off so that it no longer runs when the system is idle. The...
May 23rd 07 07:21 AM
by Rock Go to last post
3 136
Unable to connect to external USB drive by akita
When I try to connect an external USB hard drive or a USB memory stick to my laptop, Vista throws up a message saying: “Windows needs to install driver software for your Unknown Device”. I let Vista search, but Vista cannot find the required driver. However, when I connect the same external USB hard drive or a USB memory stick to my desktop PC, also running Vista Ultimate, Vista has no...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 08 12:48 AM
by John Lechmanik Go to last post

From The