Vista is not recognizing my Camera by DakoRakkun
I'm having trouble with my camera (Sony Cybershot DSC-W70) and Windows Vista. What happens is that when I connect it through its USB cable, Vista tries to look for a driver and can't find one, which is strange. I recently formatted, and my old installation of Vista recognized the camera perfectly, autoplay would popup when I connected the camera, and I could see the camera on My Computer...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 17th 08 11:05 PM
by marype Go to last post
15 268
Internet Explorer (Vista) stopped seeing my external hard drive by roger-in-tucson
Device manager shows my external hard drive functioning normally and it shows up in "safely remove hardware," but the drive fails to show up as being connected and available to access files. It's worked okay for months and only disappeared around the time I ran the K-Lite pack to get codecs for MP4 files (during the install process K-Lite checked for registry problems and "corrected" them).
July 17th 08 10:36 PM
by roger-in-tucson Go to last post
0 163
Lost my CD/DVD drives 2 by Klijs
Lately I seem to have lost all of my CD/DVD devices even my ImageDrive. And that causes me a lot of trouble. I have did some research on the problem and my DeviceManager says this: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to...
July 17th 08 10:11 PM
by Chris Simon Go to last post
3 151
Vista Blue Screens of Death & DMP Files by kromix
Hey all, I'm sure you've heard it before but im getting vista BSOD errors and dmp files are being created I tried looking at it myself but I'm not sure whats wrong I was hoping if someone had a second they can take a peek at it? This is the error that comes up, the rest and the .DMP file is at this link in a RAR file: 'rar host - free file hosting for .rar...
July 17th 08 09:02 PM
by kromix[_5_] Go to last post
7 150
1394 network adapter disapeared by Jean-Luc Montignie
No 1394 Device appear in the network adapter list... Any Hack from XP what to change in net1394.inf ?
July 17th 08 07:59 PM
by gringott[_2_] Go to last post
2 120
Hard drive keeps showing less space by compboy
I have a brand new hp pavilion with vista home premium, It has a samsung 250GB harddrive. Yesterday morning it said that I had 183GB free space, last night it said I had 175GB Free space, and today it is at 170GB free space. I haven't installed anything, downloaded anything, and havent used the iternet much. Any ideas as to why this is?...Thanks!
July 17th 08 07:41 PM
by Dave Go to last post
8 165
DVD Driver by wilnol
the driver will not open CD's or DVD's to allow me to either play or rip i have gone to command prompt and typed in (net shellwdetection) but to no avail it still will not open can any one advise me thanks -- willie nolan
July 17th 08 06:31 PM
by miznzak Go to last post
1 245
Just bought 2 4850's need help with new mobo and processor by sunnytheseal
I just bought 2 Sapphire ATI 4850's to replace my previous 2 Sapphire 2600xt's. Here is my existing setup: AUSU M2A-MVP Motherboard AM2 x2 6000 Processor 3.0 GhZ 2 Sapphire 4850 Video Cards 3 Gigs of OCZ RAM 2 WD 500GB harddrives 1 Pioneer DVD Drive
July 17th 08 06:24 PM
by sunnytheseal Go to last post
3 134
Clone To SATA Harddrive by nexor63
Hi, I have Vista Home Premium x64 running on a 80Gig Hdd, I need to transfer the O/S to a 320Gig SATA Hdd. The SATA Hdd shows in Disk Management as Unallocated, but Disk Management does not allow me to assign a drive letter to the harddrive. I have Norton Gost installed, but without a drive letter I cannot perform the cloning. Guys..........I really need help on this one as my 80Gig harddrive...
July 17th 08 04:20 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 128
Second SATA Hard drive not able to format by leodavinci
I have windows Vista 32bit ultimate. I bought the compter prebuilt from a web vendor about 2 years ago. When I got it it had 2 500GB Wester Digital SATA drives in it. It worked great. Then after a few months the D drive (not the drive windows is installed on) stopped responding and then disappeared. I restarted and it came back. Everything is good again. A few months later the same...
July 17th 08 03:56 PM
by leodavinci Go to last post
4 132
Windows Mobile Device Center and 2 HP iPAQ's by jasonb007
I have Windows Vista Business 32, Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 and Outlook 2007. I use an HP iPAQ 514 Voice Messenger and can sync ok via Bluetooth and USB. I sync calendar, tasks, email & contacts. I have introduced another iPAQ - HP iPAQ 614c and set this up to sync just tasks and calendars. Again, can sync via Bluetooth and USB connection. I want to be able to sync ALL calendar...
July 17th 08 03:25 PM
by jasonb007 Go to last post
0 128
Help With Latest Update for Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family? by Josh6208
I currently have version 7.14.0010.1147, and i've been trying to find updates for the driver, but to no avail. I went to Intel's website, but when i downloaded the only update i could find; 'Download Search Results' (http://tinyurl.com/36bqxk) it didn't work, saying i didn't have the right driver. As you can see the version of Vista you have doesn't matter with that download. I really want to...
July 17th 08 02:36 PM
by David Vair Go to last post
1 110
CD-DVD by NICO
WHY MY CD-DVD ROM COULD ONLY READ THE MOVIES WHY IT COULD'NT READ OTHER FILE OR FORMAT ANYONE COULD HELP ME PLS.
July 17th 08 10:46 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 122
no volume in internet explorer by cdleblanc
I am unable to hear anything when in internet explorer, but I have volume when I start a game. Does anyone know if I need to click something that I am not seeing? Can someone help?
July 17th 08 10:44 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 137
Windows error for wlanapi.dll by Duffman[_2_]
I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 bit on Dell. I suddenly have been getting error messages for no reason. The message header is "Battery Meter: explorer.exe - Bad Image" The error reads "C:\Windows\system32\Wlanapi.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system...
July 17th 08 10:42 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 168
digital camera not recognized as imaging device by marype
hello all. I have vista home edition and a new canon powershot A590 IS. when I first bought it I put in the CD for the software and installed it...then plugged in the camera to the USB port and the driver installed and device manager recognized it as an imaging device. It worked perfectly fine for about 3 weeks. then one day I plugged the camera in and vista could not install the driver and...
July 17th 08 04:48 AM
by marype Go to last post
0 97
Vista logical drive and partition size discrepencies by darvos
Hi all, I wanted to clone my old drive onto a larger drive. I used dd to copy the entire disk to the new drive, then I used qtparted to resize the partition. However, when I boot into vista, the size of the drive reported is different than the size of the partition. The drive space shows only the capacity of the old disk while the partition size shows the size of the new larger...
July 17th 08 02:25 AM
by darvos Go to last post
1 129
How to read hardware performance counters in Windows Vista by nupurk
Hi, I was wondering how I could read hardware performance counters, specifically the counter storing the number of L2 cache misses, in Windows Vista. I wasn't able to find any WMI classes that store this info. I'd be grateful if someone would point me in the right direction regarding this. Thanks, Nupur.
July 16th 08 09:32 PM
by nupurk Go to last post
0 109
Epson 1200U problem in Vista Ultimate by Carol
Hi, my great little Epson 1200U scanner won't install in Vista Ultimate. Epson does not have a driver for Vista. The "fix" that is floating around the Internet (disconnect scanner, download latest XP driver, unzip contents, access properties in the setup.exe progam, check the XP SP2 compatibility box, run setup.exe, plug in scanner, praying to the computer gods) does not work in Ultimate. ...
July 16th 08 05:17 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
1 112
infrared transceiver not staying on by alba03
In order to keep the transceiver on I have to continually push the the button on the top. It reads when I use the keyboard, but not when I use the mouse. It stops communicating with the mouse after about 30-45 seconds. Any ideas?
July 16th 08 04:24 PM
by alba03 Go to last post

From The