vista not recognising external hdd by thwartedthong
I have just purchased a new notebook Asus X70sr. My old hp zd7000 pavilion notebook died last week so not only have i had to put up with the stress of not being able to access all my files and data on a dead computer its 5 days on and i still am unable to access the 60 gig hardrive which is now in a vi power enclosure usb2.0 to ide interface. Running Xp on the old laptop i used previously this...
July 16th 08 04:21 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 199
SigmaTel High Definition Audio Driver by [email protected]
Which SigmaTel High Definition Audio Driver is the most recently released driver? 6.10.0.5274 or 6.10.5405.0
July 16th 08 04:17 PM
by Michael Walraven[_3_] Go to last post
3 209
Monitor Resolution and Bit Settings Keep changing by Byron
Hey guys, I've been running into a problem recently with my monitor. I have Dell D630 Laptop with Vista Business x32 with a NVidia Quadro NVS 135M. I also have a triple monitor setup using TripleHead2Go by Matrox. This wasn't a problem before, but I take my laptop home a lot and bring it back to work. For the most part, it would keep the resolution (or I would have to make small...
July 16th 08 03:47 PM
by Byron Go to last post
2 166
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet Nic by Bad Dog Running
I play on a mud (it is a text based game) and tend to idle when im at work. When I come back home my computer is in a sleep type mode and the Ethernet card is also put into a sleep type mode and i lose connection to my game. how do i fix this so the computer does not go into sleep at all ever or interupt the ethernet card?
July 16th 08 02:11 PM
by Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) Go to last post
1 170
SPEEDTOUCH 330 by mijsmith77
Vista is unable to find drivers from isp cd (speedtouch 330 usb modem) I have to network my 8yr old pc for internet access. Any ideas?
July 16th 08 12:47 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
5 184
AppleMobileDeviceHelper by Cher
I updated my itunes to 7.7 and after that I have a continous msg when I have itunes open. 'AppleMobileDeviceHelper has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.' etc. How can I get it to stop??? I have a Dell with Vista-new this year. It has been going well except for this problem.
July 16th 08 03:37 AM
by cafdtp Go to last post
4 202
shut down unexpectedly BLUE SCREEN by P.J.
Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2 Locale ID: 13321 Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available) Mini062008-01.dmp sysdata.xml Version.txt
July 16th 08 03:08 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 185
Sound problems with Realtek Audio by Spartan117.Halo[_2_]
Hi there, Using Vista Ultimate x32 edition. Just installed Vista and installed all the latest drivers for my devices. Im using Realtek HD audio Manager which is the correct driver for my onboard sound card. The problem though is that sound is only coming out from the front right
July 16th 08 02:14 AM
by Halsey Go to last post
4 193
IDE to Laptop by Ehab
I just bought an IDE to USB cable to connect a couple of old Seagate internal hard drives to my new laptop w/ Vista on and get the files I had off them. The drives show up fine and the software is installed right away as soon as I plug them in, but when I try to access them from My Computer it says I have to format the drive first. I know that that would delete everything off the hard drive,...
July 16th 08 01:30 AM
by Nonny Go to last post
1 147
DVD CD Rom driver error code by Shannon Christopher
I cannot get my DVD player to run a DVD or a CD Rom. I have this error. This device cannot start. (Code 10) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available. When I check for solutions it never comes back with anything. Any help would be great.
July 16th 08 12:47 AM
by Shannon Christopher Go to last post
0 175
IDE to USB by Ehab[_2_]
I just bought an IDE to USB cable to connect a couple of old Seagate internal hard drives to my new laptop w/ Vista on and get the files I had off them. The drives show up fine and the software is installed right away as soon as I plug them in, but when I try to access them from My Computer it says I have to format the drives first. I know that that would delete everything off the hard drive,...
July 16th 08 12:15 AM
by DL Go to last post
2 174
Enable AHCI non-boot drive by Brian Hoyt
I have an ASUS P5B Deluxe with LSI SAS controller. My boot drive is on the SAS controller and then I have an additional drive on the Intel SATA controller. I originally built machine with IDE mode enabled for controller and want to switch to AHCI for it. I figured it wouldn't be a problem since it isn't even my boot drive. I enabled the AHCI driver by following the instructions in the...
July 16th 08 12:12 AM
by Maarten88 Go to last post
4 135
ATI remote wonder working on VISTA by exe
Oh...I guess I'm blind or something. I managed it. For me it works, without installing x10 drivers. I just didn't realize, that Windows Defender is blocking the software at startup :) -- exe
July 15th 08 11:10 PM
by exe Go to last post
0 143
Logitech mouse won't wake up system from sleep by Eddie G
I have Vista Home Premium and just bought a Logitech mx3200 keyboard and laser mouse. My previous MS cordless desktop would wake my system from sleep mode by wiggling the mouse. Now with Logitech it does NOT wake up from the mouse. I also moved the MS desktop to another PC with Windows XP, and now that one will NOT wake from sleep by wiggling the mouse. Any suggestions? Thanks!
July 15th 08 10:27 PM
by Eddie G Go to last post
0 163
4GB Ram Installed / Total Physical Ram = 2.75GB? by Impulse
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer NVIDIA System Model NFORCE 780i SLI System Type x64-based PC Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz, 2500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4...
July 15th 08 09:21 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 188
ATI remote wonder working on VISTA by exe
Hi! Unfortunately, that way did not worked for me. My ATI Remote Controler still, does not work. *Is there any other way to fix this problem?:sarc:* I use google in hope to get some useful information, but I had no luck:confused: -- exe
July 15th 08 09:17 PM
by exe Go to last post
0 164
Cannot install printers by daybase
I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop on which I have installed a full range of software applications. Once installed I then used Acronis True Home Image to back up disk, partititons, operating system the lot! Only then did I discover that I for some reason I cannot install any printers - all attempts to do so fail whether local, network, drivers from CD, drivers downloaded, automatically or...
July 15th 08 08:47 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 174
Vista CPU Change by Talking Cures
Hello I want to try a new CPU an my PC and then if it is not suitable change back to original, is this OK in Vista or does it contravene the Activation state. Peter
July 15th 08 06:49 PM
by Brink Go to last post
6 200
Is it possible to view my camcorder output on my laptop by jeeji
Hi I have just purchased a Canon HG10 HD camcorder, and would like to view its live ouput directly on my laptop which is a Compaq 8510p (HP). My canon has HDMI support and so does my laptop. Is it possible to connect the two through HDMI? I think my HDMI on the laptop is only for output, but is that a hardware limitation or software?
July 15th 08 01:13 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
1 155
Projector Not Recognized by MichaelFaulkner
Have problems with Dell laptops recognizing external projector (Dell projector as well). Irratic and difficult to duplicate symptoms. Patched up systems. Have tried different startup sequences. Have eight of these with similar issues. Ghost cloned using BCDEDIT sequence.
July 15th 08 12:50 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post

From The