Linksys 2200 extender connection issues by kevin macdonald
Hi there, I am having great difficulty connecting my extnder to the network. I have tried wirelessly, as well as wired. Linksys has tried several things over the past week....and they have been great....but to no avail. I have a vista ultimate 32 bit, a wrt310n router and the appropriate adapter. I am not convinced that my P.C. is configured properly, and after reading something about an...
July 15th 08 10:01 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
1 133
ISDN TA - anyone know of one that works with Vista by Jarryd
Does anyone know of a ISDN modem that works with Vista? I have bought a USB ZyXEL that works great on XP but when installing it on Vista the PC crashed, blue screened and fell on its face. I tried to install again on a Vista laptop in case it was a hardware incompatibility issue but the same thing happened. Please don't tell me that you simply cannot get an ISDN TA that will run on...
July 15th 08 09:12 AM
by Jarryd Go to last post
4 139
upgrade c: from pata to sata with vista ultimate 64bit upgrade dis by misskali
my c: is a pata drive - i bought a new sata drive and i want to swap them. i have done a complete computer back up on a different drive but my vista ultimate disc is an upgrade disc (from xp) and so its not working. any suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 15th 08 06:59 AM
by Wayne Wastier[_2_] Go to last post
18 324
no audio passthru from mic to speakers by mce_builder
Hi, I've an Asus motherboard HTPC (vista home premium SP1) with SPDIF to an amp/speaker unit. Things are fine audiowise. Now, I'm trying to add a microphone, but can't seem to get sound thru speakers. I don't have a soundcard, and onboard drivers are codenames Azalia according to the asus manual. After spending hours, i've discovered: - i can adjust the level in mic and boost in Levels...
July 15th 08 06:12 AM
by mce_builder Go to last post
0 148
Cricut by maryNSC
Does anybody have any ideas how to get my cricut to work on the 64 bit.. Provo craft I dont think they know how to fix it.. When i turn on my cricut my computer will beep but it will not recognize it. I have VISTA 64 bit HP s3430f -- maryNSC
July 15th 08 02:04 AM
by maryNSC Go to last post
4 212
Can't remove DVD burner without Vista having Startup problems -- H by Stephen
Can't remove DVD burner without Vista having Startup problems -- Help! 1. I decided to remove the Plextor 755SA DVD burner. 2. I uninstalled the drive. 3. I shut down the computer|OS. 4. I removed the SATA connector from the motherboard, and the same (along with SATA power connector) from the drive. 5. Upon reboot, the computer experienced Startup problems, and I had to run the Windows repair...
July 15th 08 01:24 AM
by Stephen Go to last post
1 152
Registry Editor by cardrey
How many of you think that we should have to go through the registry editor process every time we need to use our CD/DVD drives? I'm having to do it every 2 or 3 days. I dream of the days when I was using XP and autorun would actually work on my computer and I could actually burn and read CD's without jumping through all these hoops. I am a very dissatisfied with my new computer, and I...
July 15th 08 01:23 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
5 133
bluetooth headset audio not as reliable under Vista SP1 by Karl the Pagan
I use a Jabra BT125 both for my phone and for day-to-day audio so that I can listen to internet radio programs and youtube etc without disturbing my office mates. Under my fist Vista install this worked great on my Sager NP9262 (BT is Cambridge Silicon Radio / Microsoft driver) much better than my previous Dell. Specifically it reconnected when I turn my headset on/off and did not require...
July 14th 08 11:11 PM
by Karl the Pagan[_2_] Go to last post
1 154
DVD for 64 bit vista? (do any even exist? by idiotprogrammer
Hi, I just learned that my DVD writer is having compatibility problems with 64 Vista SP 1. What it can do: play music CDs install programs What it can't do: rip mp3s from music burn DVDs.
July 14th 08 10:04 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 139
Sleep mode - used to work perfectly by sand
I have a Vista Ultimate SP1 machine that used to go to sleep and wake up flawlessly. I could enter sleep manually or automatically. However, I recently installed a couple of applications and now the machine will not enter sleep automatically but it does work if manually performed. The apps were an HP monitor software suite, VLC (which didnt run under my vista and was removed) and AlSee. ...
July 14th 08 09:26 PM
by Brink Go to last post
1 130
Contol laptop with mobile phone (Nokia N81) by Andre
Hallo, I heard that one can use your cellphone to control you PC. Eg media player can then be controlled by skipping a track, forward etc... I have bluetooth on my laptop, now what will I need to be able to control my laptop? Heard from someone they use bluetooth on their phone to control. I have a Nokia N81 (if that helps)
July 14th 08 08:34 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
4 117
USB devices don't wake up from sleep on 64 bit: why? by idiotprogrammer
I am having lots of problems with Vista 64 bit with my Asus M2N SLI Deluxe motherboard. USB devices won't awake after prolonged sleep (4-6 hours or more). I have a USB networking card, USB mouse and USB keyboard. After Windows goes to sleep, when I press the keyboard or the mouse, I can hear the hard drive start to whir; the problem is that the monitor never turns back on.
July 14th 08 07:03 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 107
Bluetooth Communication failure between laptop and smart phone by Silverspoon
I use HP laptop 6710b with win vista biz. The new Samsung smart phone I608 which I purchased a few days back from Hong Kong is not able to send /receive files through bluetooth . The blue tooth in laptop recognises the hand set and I am able to register the same on the phone also. However, when I want to send a file from my computer,it was not at all possible.The screen of the handset...
July 14th 08 05:57 PM
by John Lee Brown[_2_] Go to last post
2 137
recommendations for portable mp3 player? by Zoloft
hola, I'm soliciting opinions and suggestions for a portable MP3 player who's software is compatible with Vista x64. Thanks in advance for your time and input! Russell
July 14th 08 05:37 PM
by idiotprogrammer Go to last post
1 104
is not a valid Win32 application message, while clicking on device by anoop
Hello All, I started getting message"not a valid Win32 application" on different applications, such as Windows media center,Webex,.When I try to go to device manager I hit tghe error there too.I am not able to open the Device Manager at all. Need help ASAP Anoop
July 14th 08 04:34 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 130
Bluetooth drivers by Michael Tissington
Any news one when we'll see Bluetooth drivers for headsets ?
July 14th 08 02:16 PM
by dewgrass Go to last post
6 145
media player / ipod by MercuryArc
How can i get Media Player to recognize my ipod?
July 14th 08 01:17 PM
by anubisx00 Go to last post
6 111
Please help- installing new keyboard requires login password by bftly
keyboard stopped working so I'm trying to install a new keyboard but it requires that I type in a password - but without a keyboard I can't type in the password to install the new keyboard - so I'm stuck. Please help me
July 14th 08 12:57 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
5 225
Creative Console gone on Vista by benwc87
At least a month ago, my Creative Console mysteriously vanished and I was left with a Creative Console Launcher shortcut that tells me the file 'ConsoLCu.exe' has been changed or moved. I also get an error icon on startup labeled 'sprtcmd.exe - corrupt file' which tells me that there is a missing Creative program file. When I try to reinstall, I am told there are various program files...
July 14th 08 07:46 AM
by Nonny Go to last post
1 109
Sound problem - realtek high definition audio by cmnichols
Hi - I have had a sound problem on my laptop for a few weeks. I have realtek high definition audio as my sound on my Sony Laptop (which has windows Vista) and everything says it is working properly but I get no sound out of the laptop speakers (when USB speakers are plugging in these work fine). I think it might be that something is disabled at start up but I can't correct it. Please can...
July 14th 08 07:45 AM
by cmnichols Go to last post

From The