Sound Drivers For Vista by Mark
Does anyone know where I can get drivers for my onboard sound card on my MSI 915G COMBO 2? I went to their website and they dont have any drivers past XP!? I am pretty sure the sound card on the motherboard is an intel. Ideas anyone?
March 8th 07 03:09 PM
by C.Skaggs Go to last post
2 134
New Vista Information Forum by David B.
Thank you for spamming the groups AND not properly cross posting. -- ---- Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm http://www.db-pc.com _________________________________________________________________________________
March 8th 07 05:18 PM
by David B. Go to last post
0 122
Ram leak by Waldosr
I recently noticed that with my computer sitting idle that after a couple of days it was using 53% of my ram(4 GB). When I reset my computer the RAM usage went back to about 25% where it normally is. Has anyone else had this problem?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 8th 07 05:32 PM
by Go to last post
13 318
VISTA Ultimate. Does it support Firewire 800?? by Dunc
I am installing a 1T My Book external HD. One of the connection options that are available is Firewire 800 which would be considerably faster than either USB2 or Firewire 400. 2 questions: 1) Does VISTA support it? I heard it does not currently support it. 2) If VISTA supports it, is any one aware of any Firewire 800 cards that have VISTA drivers available? Thanks
March 8th 07 06:24 PM
by HDFatBoy2003 Go to last post
1 179
Fingerprint Reader 2.0 64 Bits for Vista by Apa57
Hello Does anyone know if driver for Vista 64 Bits will be aviable for Microsoft keyboard with finrgeprint Reader? Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
March 8th 07 06:30 PM
by Apa57 Go to last post
0 162
Shared Printer XP to Vista by newpath
I am running Vista Enterprise in a small workgroup along with XP machines. Everything works great with file sharing both ways. However, I cannot install the LaserJet 1320 shared on the XP machine on my Vista machine. I go to Printers in Control Panel and click on Add Printer. I then click Add a network ... printer and Vista finds the printer on the XP machine. I click Next and after a...
March 8th 07 06:32 PM
by chuckmva Go to last post
1 174
Problems burning DVDs by Dr Freon
I have serious problems burning DVDs. If I'm using the Windows DVD burner the program stops working as soon as the actual burning is to take place. If I try to do the same using NERO (7.7.5.1) the computer shuts down just like that. It's a newly built system with a Plextor PX-760A (ATA) DVD-burner. Is it Vista (Home Premium, Swedish) or could it be that my power supply is to weak? (PSU 430W,...
March 8th 07 07:54 PM
by Gus Kline Go to last post
7 169
Sound garbled by Andrew
Installed Vista Business on an Intel 945PSN motherboard and sound was completely mangled. I get sounds of a sort, but they are unrecognisable rubbish. Downloaded the Sigmatel audio driver from http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?strState=LIVE&ProductID=2066&DwnldID=12192&agr=N&lang=eng&PrdMap=2066 Ran the Sigmatel install and got blue screen crash. Reboot...
March 8th 07 08:08 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
0 152
Vista + Fingerprint Reader: login error after lock by Speednet
I'm using Vista build 6000 and the latest Fingerprint Reader update (2.0.1.1843). The scenario is that Vista is locked, either via screen saver or Window Key + L. When I try to unlock it, on the screen there is a large icon of a fingerprint (obviously indicating that I should touch the fingerprint reader) and a button marked "Other Credentials". When I touch the fingerprint reader I get...
March 8th 07 08:15 PM
by Michael Go to last post
4 161
Microphone by Tyler Prorok
Hello. I recently purchased Windows Vista, and have had an error with my microphone. I have my microhone setup through a push-to-talk button, as if I was to program a key on my keybored and my microphone would turn of for all to hear. Programs that Vista recconize's, or are commonly used like Internet Explorer, MSN, TeamSpeak, my microphone will work. But, programs like Xfire, Call of Duty,...
March 8th 07 09:03 PM
by Tyler Prorok Go to last post
0 128
CD/DVD ROM by Slayer40
I recently istalled Windows Vista Home Premium on my new PC I built and now every time I put a cd or dvd in their repective drives nothing happens. And before anyone says it yes I have autorun turned on. if I open MY computer the bar at the top starts populating it gets to the x and stops and will sit there for hours. Can anyone help or give me any idea what the problem is and how to fix...
March 8th 07 09:10 PM
by Slayer40 Go to last post
2 125
Adaptec SCSI drivers by nsag
Has anyone gotten Adaptecs Vista drivers for SCSI cards to work? Vista does not recognize the drivers on my machine and Adaptec does not respond to inquiries.
March 8th 07 10:20 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
1 142
Vista & Hardware by Leela
How does vista and the hardware relate to each other? I recently purchased a laptop that had Vista preloaded, but it's not quite working out for me, so I want a laptop with XP. Can I reformat this Vista machine and rebuild with XP? I have a feeling I cannot, and that the hardware is involved somehow. If I buy an new laptop with XP (if I can find one), how will I know if it is Vista...
March 8th 07 10:20 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
3 130
audio chatter by craig
Ok. Dell XPS1210 Vista Ultimate,clean install,updated all drivers. As soon as I turn the wireless card on the sound starts stuttering on any audio, even windows start up does. 2ghz processor. 2mb ram Ran Vista Beta for four months with no problem. Bought the retail version and this started happening -- craig
March 8th 07 10:32 PM
by craig Go to last post
0 121
Vista and Home Automation by wieczors
Good Afternoon: We're building a home and in the process of researching options for home automation. We are planning on purchasing a computer with Windows Vista. Has anyone installed a multi-zone audio system and connected it to Windows Vista? If so, can you offer some suggestions/advice! Thanks and have a great day!
March 8th 07 11:16 PM
by wieczors Go to last post
0 116
Vista keeps asking for driver for scanner by Phil
I got a new Canon Lide600f scanner, and loaded the drivers. Said that the drivers wouldnt work, go to canon.com, did, got drivers, loaded, working.... Now - every time I boot up Vista demands drivers for "unknown device" I try to select "do not do this again", or whatever the bottom one is, but it wont. It just crashes and I have to close it the long way round. How to get it to stop ?
March 9th 07 01:08 AM
by Don Go to last post
6 153
Will graphic card improved DVD creations task and free up the CPU. by GT
Will a graphic card improved DVD creations or free up the CPU from working too hard? or does the CPU do all the task. Is Ati Radeon 9550 256mb capable of handling such task or do i need a better card like Ati X1300? I'm asking this because i have a TV/FM PCI tuner/capture card/hardware MPEG-2 encoder that died today and now I'm left with just Ati Radeon 9550 256mb agp 8x.
March 9th 07 05:18 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 259
HP Scanjet 5P by Carlos Sánchez
Hello, Despues to obtain that "Vista Windows x86 and x64" recognized my SCSI this sees that 5p has a connected device concretely is a "HP Scanjet" and identifies it like "HP C5110A SCSI Processor Device", gustaria know to me if somebody has been able to make work and mount drivers for this device of which, at the moment I do not want to undo.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 9th 07 08:29 AM
by Charlotte Go to last post
27 688
Windows Mobile Center installation breaks plug and play by Gabriel
Hello, I dont know if any one ever experience the strange issue I had: I have installed Vista Utimate on a brand new computer. Every is working nicely. Usb drivers are in place. If I connect a USB memory key, it is recognized immediately. I also have a memory card reader plugged on an usb port that is working straight from Vista installation. Then I install Windows Mobile Device. I grab it...
March 9th 07 09:38 AM
by Gabriel Go to last post
0 178
IBM (Hitachi) Microdrive on 64-bit Ultimate by [email protected]
Just bought an HP9225 Pavillion, 64-bit AMD Turion, 2GB RAM. Vista Ultimate does not recognize the microdrive when placed in the CFII slot. Drive is operational. Is there any hope of getting Vista to read this drive?
March 9th 07 11:46 AM
by C.Skaggs Go to last post

From The