t43p sound by samaritrey
i just installed vista ultimate lastnight and i cant find drivers for the sound buttons at the top of the keyboard. i downloaded every driver from lenovo's site and installed them but still nothing andy help would be great thanks -- samaritrey
July 14th 08 05:41 AM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
3 171
Power problem by Steve Paddock[_2_]
Not exactly a Vista issue, but as my OS, I thought I'd take a chance. The PC that my Grandchildren use has just lost all power. This was after a straightforward powerdown/up. There is no power to anything, case fans, disk drives etc. I have so far ruled out, fuse in plug, plug socket and finally power supply on the PC - I've swopped that with one I know is working. All connections on the MB...
July 14th 08 03:36 AM
by w_tom Go to last post
8 174
"USB Device Not Recognized" by Kris[_8_]
I got a Kodak digital camera a few months ago and haven't had any problems with it until today. Now, all of a sudden, the "USB Device Not Recognized" when I plug it in. I've tried different USB ports, rebooted, checked Kodak's website, checked newsgroups and Google. It's still not working. When I try to "update driver" I'm told that the software and the driver for this device are already...
July 13th 08 11:42 PM
by Kris[_8_] Go to last post
0 129
Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Drivers by Julian R.
hey everybody, I'm desperately looking for drivers for my Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 so that it works with Vista. I called Microsoft Support several times, but they simply told me that my product is not in the "life cycle" anymore... Is there ANY workaround? I don't wanna spend big bucks on a new joystick (btw if I had bought a logitech 2 years ago, I could still use it today). Are there...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 13th 08 10:32 PM
by Frank Go to last post
19 470
Trojan Found by Deno
My Defender found a trojan virus, and if i remove it, will it get rid of it?
July 13th 08 09:48 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
3 210
mystery IDE controller and driver by cholupa2
Howdy all, -- cholupa2
July 13th 08 06:48 PM
by cholupa2 Go to last post
1 191
Canon SD1100IS Not Recognized. by CrownVictoriaCop
I just got a brand new Canon SD1100IS camera. I installed all of the included software. I wanted to change some things using the MyCamera software on my computer. So I connected it to my USB port, and no AutoPlay window comes up. That's strange. So I see this little thing in the system notifications bar near the clock, a little green rotating icon. I click it, and it says "Searching...
July 13th 08 04:46 PM
by CrownVictoriaCop Go to last post
4 166
Nvidia 8800 GTS Extended Desktop by Raiden1803
something i've been wondering for awhile... when your using two displays how do you get both displays too have different backgrounds? Right now i have Nvidia Setup as Extended Desktop, and both are at independent display res.. but my secondary monitor displays the same background as the primary.
July 13th 08 10:04 AM
by DL Go to last post
2 149
Vista Home premium made DVD not working on XP by Gosportian
I have made DVD's of jpeg picture files to give to people, but they can't get them to work on computers using non Vista systems. An error message " files corrupted" appears.
July 13th 08 06:58 AM
by Gosportian Go to last post
1 140
LapTop Dvd Drive not working ?? by jaquar001
i purchase new laptop,drive was working well but once when i inserted a dvd into drive,it stop woring after that. Strange thing is that PRODUCT RECOVERY cd which i got with laptop is working and even BLANK DVD also work when inserted which shows that NO PROBLEM WITH HARDWARE. i dont want to go with format and re-installing window by sacrificing whole program installed. is that virus ? what...
July 12th 08 03:32 PM
by jaquar001 Go to last post
4 139
Dvd drive always missing after reboot by ALIPUNGOY1
:shock:MY DVD DRIVE DS8A1H ALWAYS MISSING AFTER REBOOT. I HAVE TO CLICK CHECK FOR HARDWARE CHANGES EVERYTIME I HAVE TO USE IT. I HAVE INSTALLED AND UNINSTALLED ANYDVD. NOW I AM USING DVD43. I USE THE DRIVE PRIMARILY FOR CONVERTING DVD TO IPOD. MY LAPTOP IS HP DV2810US. 3GM RAM. 250 GB HD. AMD TURION 64 X2 TL-60. PLEASE REPLY.
July 12th 08 09:32 AM
by ALIPUNGOY1 Go to last post
0 130
Failed driver update by Jonathan
Windows update came up with the following update, but now after failing once it has disapeared. Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Network - Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Installation date: ‎7/‎10/‎2008 12:35 PM Installation status: Failed
July 12th 08 07:11 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 124
DVD drive "not working" by anniedearest
Hello-- I have a few months old Dell laptop with a DVD drive problem. I have been trying to back up files on DVD. I have burned two DVDs in a slow but successful process, and now when I insert a blank DVD, the system seems to be trying to read it...and trying...and trying. The fans are on, the computer is upset, but there are no error messages. Another time, I put in a DVD that I have put files...
July 11th 08 10:49 PM
by anniedearest Go to last post
0 121
ActiveSync, DEP and prevention of installations by JBL-OverTheWeb.org
I am running into clients who cannot install ActiveSync with their smart phones because of DEP. Are their any clear instructions on how to allow the installation to run? The default instructions to allow ActiveSync to insall do not work, and users are simply turning off DEP all together, or simply returning either their smarphones or PC's to the dealers.
July 11th 08 09:16 PM
by JBL-OverTheWeb.org Go to last post
0 119
Microphone static by Arielle
I used to love recording audio with my last laptop (with XP), and everything worked perfectly with Audacity and a regular, cheap microphone (the ones that sometimes come with computers). However, I have already tried two such microphones for my new laptop which has Vista on it, and while it can pick up sound from the get-go, it also exhibits static whether I'm talking into the mic or not!...
July 11th 08 07:14 PM
by Arielle Go to last post
5 120
Ghost movement of cursor and pointer. by Duke
I use the Inspiron/6000 laptop and I use a mouse when I am working at home or in the office. I have a problem with the cursor and pointer moving, even when I am not touching the mouse. While typing on one line the cursor will all of a sudden jump somewhere else on the page. Someone suggested turning off the touch pad, but I cannot find out how to do this on the Inspiron. I am not sure how...
July 11th 08 07:08 PM
by Duke Go to last post
0 122
motorola sm56 installation by Newsmedia
I have installed the above modem on a Windows Vista system. System reports modem is functioning normally but when I use diagnostics to query the modem I get the message modem "failed to respond" .... "verift that the interrupt for the port is properly set" Can anyone help me through this?
July 11th 08 07:01 PM
by Newsmedia Go to last post
0 130
Intellitype keyboard and mouse by Rae
We just received a new custom computer with windows vista 64 bit. The keyboard and mouse that we bought a short while ago was the microsoft desktop set 4000. When we try to instal the software from the microsoft download site, the instal fails and we get an error message that says that there may not be enough disc space left to instal the program or an un explained error caused the set up...
July 11th 08 07:00 PM
by Spirit Go to last post
5 137
corrupt disk message by joyce
OK, everytime the computer restarts, it says there is a problem with one of my disks and does a disk check. I tried to restore to a earlier point when the problem wasn't going on, but it says there is a disk error and won't restore. I did the F8 key and the repair computer to no avail. I used the cprompt to chkdsk and it says there are no errors. Regardless, everytime the computer is...
July 11th 08 05:49 PM
by Rojo Habe[_3_] Go to last post
2 112
HP Color Laser Jet 2800 series print driver by Justin2468
Hi, Windows Vista newby here. I searched this forum and found a link to a Universal print driver on HP's web site. I downloaded the driver but Vista is complaining that it is not compatible. I wondered if someone could point me to a correct driver, or I can keep hunting for a working driver. I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium, SP1.
July 11th 08 02:54 PM
by Justin2468[_2_] Go to last post

From The