no sound device after wakeup from standby mode by eucalypta
red cross pops up on sound device in systray after wakeup. have to reboot to get sound again. any solution? thnx
July 9th 08 11:13 PM
by eucalypta Go to last post
0 179
Nikon D60 and Sandisk 4GB Ultra II by eucalypta
Vista Ultimate does not seem to recognize and/or accept my new Nikon D60 camera. Thus I can't transfer the pictures from the camera to the PC. (Connection software installed, card changed to a 2GB, doesn't work either - but works with my coolpix cam) I use a Sandisk SD card - 4GB ultra II, with a Micromate usb adapter - which is not recognised neither in the camera nor in the adapter nor in...
July 9th 08 10:10 PM
by eucalypta Go to last post
0 166
Windows Mobile Device Center work around by exponentpower
Yup, thats what we need to find, a work around. Get rid of WMDC and use stand alone drivers to view and access our PDA's (and other devices). If you want details, please see this thread... 'Unable to connect pda to Vista - Vista Forums' (http://www.vistax64.com/showthread.php?p=771377#post771377) HOWEVER...I am trying to see if, on a more global level, there is a work around to simply NOT...
July 9th 08 08:59 PM
by exponentpower Go to last post
2 196
Vista & Wireless Keyboard 7000 & Mouse 8000 by PeterC
Hi - i have just sent this to MS Does anyone here know the answer to this problem? It seems to occur when the computer has been idle for 1/2 an hour. Peter Thanks Two days ago I purchased a Spanish Wireless Entertainment Keyboard 7000 + with the 8000 mouse. A note came with the sys saying that if I am using Vista I should load an
July 9th 08 07:48 PM
by PeterC Go to last post
0 212
????message.... by Diane Canada
Help please..!!!!! Lately i get this message " This application has failed to start because ConnAp1.DLL was not found. Re-installing this application may fix this problem. apdproxy.exe-unable to locate component". I have no idea of what this mean Thank you diane
July 9th 08 06:18 PM
by Spirit Go to last post
2 214
Reporting a Smart Event by Rancho
I use HP Pavilion Elite running Vista Home Premium which is less than a year old. Without making any recent changes to my system I am getting a message as follows, "A hard drive is reporting a smart event". and this message, "ST3360...... Hard disk failure is imminent. Please backup your hard disk and have it replaced." I did diagnostic test which resulted in status being ok on the ST33360........
July 9th 08 04:02 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 199
Drive not ready by Martin
I have a maxtor 3200 external hard drive, it used to work ok but now says drive not ready and when I go to disc management the volume has changed from NTFS to GB RAW. If I use a computer with windows XP all is fine. What has happand?
July 9th 08 02:44 PM
by Martin Go to last post
0 186
computer crash while restore backup Nokia N95 8GB by Eddyonline
Hello, I made a backup from my phone with pc suite. when i want to restore the bakup my computer crashes.. please help me to solve this problem..
July 9th 08 01:40 PM
by Nonny Go to last post
2 181
Transferring Disk Space by Sean
Can anyone tell me how I would "transfer" disk space from my partioned D drive to C drive? Just tp try, I've already "unallocated" 1G, and now have no clue what to do with it - lol (I did not request the drive be partioned, and now apparently I'm stuck with it). HEEELP!!!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 9th 08 11:22 AM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
11 383
FOR SALE:APPLE IPHONE 16gb,Apple iphone 8gb,Nokia n96 For sale by ayomide
We are legitimate and reputable company from Uk,London we have all brands of Mobile Phones,Apple Iphones,Ipods,xbox 360, Sidekicks,Nextels phone,Laptops for sell at cheap and affordable prices. ORDER INFORMATION : Minimum Order : 1-5 units
July 9th 08 10:40 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 168
Hardware cause of BSoD by PCMentor
I had a tap plug for HDD fan plugged into HDD. I believe it was causing intermittent power to the HDD. I switched it to the CD Drive. Have not yet had BSoD return. I noticed the HDD would not boot immediately also.
July 9th 08 08:58 AM
by PCMentor Go to last post
0 177
Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 by J.Peinado
I'm just surprised that my Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick seems not to work in Vista x64. I plug the USB and nothing happens, it doesn't detect it. Is any way to have it to work? In Win98 and Win XP I had no problem with it. I didn't even need a driver, was automatically detected. Now, it's like plugging a dead pile of junk.
July 9th 08 04:06 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 192
frozen wireless mouse by dterry
I have a Gateway keyboard and mouse with Vista Home Premium operating system. I cannot find drivers for it on Gateway Home page. The key board works fine,only the mouse is frozen. i have changed batteries and bought a new hp wirless mouse it has gone bad also. Any suggestions? -- dterry
July 9th 08 04:06 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 167
CD/DVD Drive Error by Baby Aku
I have recently ran a game on my E: drive (CD/DVD Drive). Then came the problems. First, the CD/DVD tray won't open, both when done automatically or manually. Second, It won't read any more CD/DVD. However, the tray can be ejected by using the famous "paper clip method". The error (dialogue box) that pops up when I try to automatically eject the tray showed: "'DVD RW DRIVE (E:)' IS CURRENTLY IN...
July 9th 08 03:25 AM
by Smithsonian[_5_] Go to last post
2 186
Vista cannot start with more than 2GB ram on an Intel DQ965GF motherboard by Andrea Brajuka
It certainly sounds strange, since I'm running another Vista on a 8GB workstation, but on my Intel DQ965GF motherboard neither Vista x32 nor Vista x64 can start or be installed if I add more than 2GB of DDR-2 memory. On that system I'm running a dual-boot with WinXP x64 and Vista x64, and I've been able to use both for a few months with 2GB in Dual Channel mode. But as soon as I've added...
July 9th 08 01:35 AM
by Brett I. Holcomb Go to last post
2 182
Why does Vista always want to format a blank CD or DVD disk? by Gordon
Vista Home Premium. I have no third-party CD/DVD recording software on the machine. Every time I go to burn files to a CDR, CDRW, DVD R or DVDRW using the Windows burning function it wants to format the disk. If I cancel the format, then the burn is not proceeded with. XP does not do this. How do I stop this infuriating behaviour?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 8th 08 04:07 PM
by - Bobb - Go to last post
17 372
test by Mickey Mouse
some of my post are not getting through. Bummer!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 8th 08 12:11 PM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
10 475
Lost space on 300 gig external drive by rq
I have a 300 gig external drive that I use for backups. When I list the folders on the drive and their size, I come up with just under a 100 gigs of used space. The drive shows that I have approx 23 gigs of space left before the drive is full. So here is the question, which one of you guys has my other 170 gigs of storage space. ;-) Thanks for any help. Richard
July 8th 08 11:05 AM
by Nonny Go to last post
5 234
Vista looses slave drive... by [email protected]
Hi all. I am new-new-new to Vista. Don't know enough (about bios or any of that) to research my issue. Here's my deal...if I leave the computer on for a few days or what not my computer looses my slave drive. This drive is what I keep my pics and music on... When I reboot the drive re-appears. Any ideas as to why? This has just
July 8th 08 04:10 AM
by dezzilu Go to last post
4 195
Cannot safely remove hardware even when no programs are running by Buzz
I have a recurring problem with USB flash drives and my SD card slot in Vista. When I click "safely remove hardware" I get a "problem removing device" notification along with a message to shut down any programs that might be using the device. However, this happens even when no programs are running. I have tried shutting down and restarting Explorer in Task Manager. This used to work...
July 8th 08 12:28 AM
by Buzz Go to last post

From The