Problem With Mouse by Bosconian
I have just done a new install of Vista Home Premium on a laptop that did previously have Vista on it. It worked fine before but this time my USB mouse is not working properly. When I move it across the screen, it gets "stuck" from time to time before carrying on. That's the best way I can describe it. It is all the same hardware as before. Any ideas?
July 7th 08 09:54 PM
by Bosconian[_2_] Go to last post
2 190
Headset Microphone not working correctly by Andres
I currently own Windows Vista Home Premium and an "AC-100" headset microphone. My problem is that when I play games online like Gears of War I can speak into the microphone and it shows that sound is going through, but I can't hear what other people say when they speak. I can't hear it through my speakers or the speaker that comes built in the headset. Shouldn't it be coming out of the...
July 7th 08 07:39 PM
by Andres Go to last post
0 167
No display/Black screen by jrone
My laptop went to sleep while I was away and I did a manual shut down and turned it back on. The log-in screen appeared, I typed in my password, and when I was taken to the desktop, a black screen with my pointer appreared and that's it. I restarted again...same result. I finally turned on in safe mode and I still cannot see anything but the pointer. Vista Home Premium (SP1) Acer Aspire...
July 7th 08 07:24 PM
by ClausG Go to last post
2 174
Hard drive arm keeps going back&forth by roach_779
My computer is not reading my second HD. It keeps making a clicking sound, when I opened it, the drive arm (actuator) keeps going back & forth. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance roach
July 7th 08 06:45 PM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
8 272
Memory Stick won't save changes on vista by gregg999
Hi, I new to this sight and desperate for advice. I,ve only recently come over to vista, and have had terrible problems with it. The latest today is using my memory stick to prepare word documents. I can't seem to save any changes it comes up there has been a fault and that all the text will be lost, and that's exactly what happens. I can move old XP word documents over into the stick and alter...
July 7th 08 05:43 PM
by gregg999 Go to last post
3 172
Sound volume settings by Pinecity
I have a Toshiba Tecra M6 with SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio. When I click on the sound icon in the systray & set the volume to high in the mixer, the setting will not stay & the sound slides back to zero. This happens when I'm playing a CD or talking on Skype. I have to manually keep my cursor on the volume & keep sliding it up to 100. I can't find a volume setting in the control...
July 7th 08 02:47 PM
by bassomatic5000 Go to last post
5 215
Screen resolution by Andre De Clercq[_2_]
Hi, I have Nvidia GS8600 om my VISTASP1 PC with a 1280x1024 monitor connected through VGA. My question is why I am unable to see only 1280x1024 as a maximum resolution even when I uncheck the "hide modes not supported by the monitor". Thanks for any advise.
July 7th 08 02:27 PM
by Andre De Clercq[_2_] Go to last post
2 224
HP Bios by joylynn[_3_]
Hi,:sarc: I have bios update,and knowing very little on what this is can someone tell me if this is going to be hard or easy and can it harm my Laptop,HP Pavilion Entertainment PC windows Vista .I learning or attempting too,so please help do i need to do this and is it difficult.thank you joylynn:cry: -- joylynn
July 7th 08 09:11 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
5 180
Vista and RAID 10 - problem by Trutta
Hello, I have a Vista Home Premium x64 installed on RAID 0+1 Matrix. Some day I had to reset the system because the system was hang on. After that, when I start the computer, I see in BIOS message for martix RAID: Status "Verify" in yellow color(before was "Normal" in green) and the system load/starts much much slower than before. HDD LED is lighted all the time on front panel, but the system...
July 7th 08 06:30 AM
by Trutta Go to last post
2 169
Vista Home Basic memory upgrade to 4gb - Blue screen by gsanche5
Hi all, I've been browsing the forum watching several posts on Windows Vista and 4Gb memory issues, but couldn't find a solution. I have a Sony Vaio NR210FH. I upgraded memory to 4 Gb (2 x 2Gb). BIOS recognizes ok, but Vista Home Basic doesn't start. If I only use one 2Gb, it works ok. I'll be glad to reach the 3.5 Gb that other's complain about ;)... Anyone can help on this? -- gsanche5
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 7th 08 06:19 AM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post
11 286
sleep turns off usb-usb mouse & keyboard can't wake pc! by xiowan
Hi All: My Intel motherboard has no PS/2 connections for keyboard or mouse and requires USB versions. My problem is that I can put the pc to sleep with either the sleep button on the keyboard or the on-screen sleep button but when the pc goes to sleep the keyboard and mouse USB connections go to sleep too........leaving me with no way to wake up the pc! I have tried using Vista 64's...
July 7th 08 04:57 AM
by Rich. Go to last post
8 166
Microphone does not work by kokojoe44
I've tried all the solutions I can think of...followed the trouble shooting guide, but when I open up the Speaker Properties, and go to Levels to see if my microphone is muted....all I see is the volume level.....no phone line, Line In, Aux, Microphone....What else can I try......(frustrated)
July 7th 08 01:10 AM
by cyberbiker[_2_] Go to last post
4 177
Microphone Mute as default, need help by Perfk
Hey, i am having this problem that i cant get any sound when i speak into my microphone. when i was running XP it worked, no problems. then i switched to Vista, and all hell broke lose.. :( i have been reading about this problem all over the interenet. iam not a alone. well what i came up with is this: The recording device is muted from default. well all fine. if i could go in
July 7th 08 01:07 AM
by cyberbiker[_2_] Go to last post
4 164
Burner not recognized by Andre De Clercq[_2_]
I have Vista Home Premium SP1 on my Quad 9300 computer. When running Ulead VS11.5 (video editing program) my DVD burner is not recognized when I want to make a DVD. With other programs I can use my DVD (Nero...). I suppose this is a Vista/Quad related problem because on my other Core Duo PC, running XPSP2 and the same burning programs, there is no problem recognizing my DVD burner in the...
July 6th 08 10:57 PM
by Andre De Clercq[_2_] Go to last post
2 172
device manager error code 37 by Les
Device manager in diplay device is reporting that Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37). This has just started to happen, I have tried uninstalling the radeon drivers. I have tried another card but still get the same message.
July 6th 08 10:01 PM
by moxrox Go to last post
5 456
Floppy Drive won't recognize disks by daelu
Vista shows my floppy drive as drive A and the device manager says that the drive and the drive controller are working properly. However, when I attempt to read, write, format a disk vista reports the the drive has no disk in it. I changed the drive, bought new disks and this did not help. Any suggestions ? Thanks !!
July 6th 08 07:27 PM
by sooner1938[_35_] Go to last post
8 225
Windows - Drive Not Ready ??? Cmon vista... by Raithone
Hello, Ive looked all over trying to find a solution for this lame error message. It first appeared when I plugged a Ipod into the usb port in the front of my rig. It pops up at the beginning of startup and doesnt close out/cancel/try again, it just keeps coming back. It says: Windows - Drive Not Ready Exception Processing Message 0xc00000a3 Parameters 0x000007FEFE0D7240 0xc0000000000000004...
July 6th 08 07:03 PM
by Dries Go to last post
3 193
Dvd by snip3ronc4ll
my dvd doesn't let me install games ,even originals. as soon i put the disc in the windows goes in shut donw mode . can anyone help me with this?
July 6th 08 05:17 PM
by Xenomorph Go to last post
4 371
How much memory can Vista have? by jakein2008
How much memory can Vista have? Thanks.
July 6th 08 12:48 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 185
How to recover from restoration data after I upgrade the memory? by jakein2008
My laptop is Vista Home edition, the orignial memory is 2 Gb, after I upgade it to 3 Gb, when my laptop go to sleep and recover from the restoration data it will die and never recover ,after I remove 1 Gb Memory and start and delete restoration data and go to boot menu it will start and add 1 GB memory again, it can run in the 3 GB memory . If I shut down and start it will have no...
July 5th 08 10:46 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post

From The